maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2019

Death Slam Form Guide #27

PAY-Roy-Barraclough-funeral-Hollinwood-O

Julie Goodyear

Unlikely to be a good year for the brassy barmaid with the big boobies who wowed Corrie crowds for years. Long term smoking has done for her lungs and mobiliy to the point she required help on a recent television appearance. Could she be helping a few of us to points?

• Like 1

Death Slam Form Guide #28

5ec5d05a4a09058845c6c6883004cbc5.png

Ritchie Neville

An All Or Nothing at all pick.One Boyband Icon Devin Lima went Bye Bye Bye in 2018,it's unlikely though the Reaper Want's It That Way that he is the only one this decade . A shock cancer diagnosis in 2019 just might have The Lights Go Out on the Former 5ive Frontman.

Death Slam Form Guide #29 - Prunella Sca-- ah fuckit, overused joke is overused

Death Slam Form Guide #29 - Jeanne Little

Jeanne is an award winning Australian former TV personality and entertainer who was diagnosed in 2009 with rapid onset Alzheimers' Disease, and in 2014 it was announced by family members that the illness has advanced to the point where she is or what's going on around her. Because of her disease, Jeanne's daughter Katie is a patron of the Jeanne Little Alzheimer's Research Fund, which was set up in honor of her mother to raise funds for research towards the disease.

At the age of 80, she could very well be a good pick for just about any pool, but is kind of a hidden gem around these parts, mostly due to where she comes from.

Will a team or two catch a falling star? We will wait and see!

Jeanne_little_may_2008.jpg

• Like 1

Death Slam Form Guide #30

lusk-100.jpg

Don Lusk

Famous animator who remains animated himself, for now. But that picture above of him celebrating his own centerary is five years and two months old near as makes no odds.

• Like 2

Death Slam Form Guide #31

ob5K2Vr.jpg

Chuck Yeager

Up there in the Dick Van Dyke tier of stupendously healthy nonagenarians, so unlikely to deliver this upcoming Deathrace. But if you've already got enough locks for the first few weeks of the year, why not give him a go? It'd befit a team that finishes with record speed to have Chuck as part of the crew.

• Like 1

21 Savage
Barbara Barrie
Bobby Brown"Rangers Legend"
Lessie Brown
Keith Cass
Tim Conway
Lucia Hiriart
Jean Marie La Pen
Georges Loinger
Demi Lovato
Vera Lynn
Gerry O'Hara
Richard Overton
Shane MacGowan
Fernando Ricksen
June Spencer
Peter Sutcliffe
Kane Tanaka-joker
Jean-Louis Trintignant
Bill Turnbull
backup
Terry Jones
Olivia Newton-John
Jerry Stiller

• Like 1

16 hours ago, YorkshireBanker said:

21 Savage
Barbara Barrie
Bobby Brown"Rangers Legend"
Lessie Brown
Keith Cass
Tim Conway
Lucia Hiriart
Jean Marie La Pen
Georges Loinger
Demi Lovato
Vera Lynn
Gerry O'Hara
Richard Overton
Shane MacGowan
Fernando Ricksen
June Spencer
Peter Sutcliffe
Kane Tanaka-joker
Jean-Louis Trintignant
Bill Turnbull
backup
Terry Jones
Olivia Newton-John
Jerry Stiller

Thanks - I love an alphabetical list and a brave pooler - some young and potentially tragic talent on there!

1. Tim Conwa:rip:
  2. Kirk Douglas

3. David Prowse

4. Nobby Stiles

5. Peter Tork (JOKER) :rip:

6. Olivia Newton-John

7. Herman Wouk :rip:

8. Jimmy Carter

9. Pope Benedict XVI

10. Le Duc Ahn :rip:

11. Leah Bracknell :rip:

12. Greg Gilbert

13. Bob Dole

14. Roberta McCain

15. Sidney Poitier

16. Alberto Fugimori

17. Robert Mugabe :rip:

18. Jean Louis Trintignant

19. John Hume

20. Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    6 of 20 have died so far.

Edited by theoldlady
Show number of deaths in 2019.

Death Slam Form Guide #31:  Tim Conway

A comedian and comic actor extraordinaire, with a resume stretching from McHale's Navy to The Carol Burnett Show to SpongeBob SquarePants.
And he don't remember a damn bit of it.  Sadly, dementia has taken away a great comedic mind, and the body is waiting to follow.  The wait won't be long, and it's a matter of when, not if, for the 85-year old.
Conway's family is fighting over conservatorship, medical care, which nursing home to park his flesh, etc.  However, we here at DL don't have to fight over him -- Conway is bound to be one of 2019's most popular picks across the various DP offerings.   Get you some Tim.

tim-conway-450x600.jpg

• Sad 1

PM'ed you my team MPFC.

about rules 11 and 12:

My understanding is that list members who kick it before 1 Jan  0h00 UTC 2019 do not earn points.

I also understand that editing Deathrace 2019 lists is punishable by a five-year participation ban.

I see that the last days of 2018 are popular for centenarians to topple. If, for example, I submitted a list at 20h00 28 Dec 2018 UTC and a member of that list's obituary surfaced on 30 Dec 2018, I would not earn points. But if I attempted to supply a replacement before the submission deadline, thereby editing my list, I would be punished by a five-year participation ban, is that correct? (Nervously glancing at some centenarians on her list)

Death Slam Form Guide #32:  Gabe Nevins

gabe-ollie.jpg?w=636

Only 1 film credit to his name , a lead role  in the 2007 Gus Van Sant film "Paranoid Park"

He has all the ingredients to become the next member of the 27 Club. BiPolar ,Drug addict,sexually exploited by the Hollywood machine a minor,Homelessness. Also of note 27 years ago was the release of the Gus Van Sant vehicle "My Own Private Idaho",that films star(River Phoenix) succumed to a drug overdose.

Team sent Mary - now can we avoid any deadly car crashes tomorrow........?

14 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Team sent Mary - now can we avoid any deadly car crashes tomorrow........?

Ermm

How many of your picks are passing my house? Aactually, having studied your list - I'm guessing most of them aren't well enough to get out of bed!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Torva Messor said:

about rules 11 and 12:

My understanding is that list members who kick it before 1 Jan  0h00 UTC 2019 do not earn points.

I also understand that editing Deathrace 2019 lists is punishable by a five-year participation ban.

I see that the last days of 2018 are popular for centenarians to topple. If, for example, I submitted a list at 20h00 28 Dec 2018 UTC and a member of that list's obituary surfaced on 30 Dec 2018, I would not earn points. But if I attempted to supply a replacement before the submission deadline, thereby editing my list, I would be punished by a five-year participation ban, is that correct? (Nervously glancing at some centenarians on her list)

Understanding is semi-solid but you've missed two points

1 - The editing ban is specifically down to people posting messages on this thread and then using the editing facility to claim they had better teams. Obviously, if I copy them off to a separate doc and spot the fraud anyone attempting such blatant cheating deserves everything coming their way.

2 - As you'll see from teams posted hereabouts a subs bench is a good idea and as a few who've made mistakes on entry will attest I'm a hard-working enough host to point out where people forget to put in a joker and/or chase them if their teams fall short of 20 players.

Death Slam Form Guide # 33

Petrusich-Sinead-OConnor-1117.jpg

Sinead O' Connor

Situated superbly between professional attention sponge and major meltdown queen our Sinead's shenanegans have been semi-regular tabloid fodder, allowing form-spotters a regular insight into serious self-harm (both physical and mental). A cult pick compared to those nailed on bed-blockers in their final days but Deathracing is all about the dare and inspired choice. If her demise was reported tonight would anyone be surprised?

I was pretty close to sending my deathrace team in when I discovered one of my picks, Bob Shields, died after entering hospice care. I don’t think my team will win, but I’m interested in seeing how well it does...

This year I'll go fully for unknown cancer types. And an old Indian man.

58 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I was pretty close to sending my deathrace team in when I discovered one of my picks, Bob Shields, died after entering hospice care. I don’t think my team will win, but I’m interested in seeing how well it does...

Your mob are duly masterlisted as I post this

48 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Your mob are duly masterlisted as I post this

And the joker dies about an hour after I entered him. Typical...

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

And the joker dies about an hour after I entered him. Typical...

Haven't checked for confirmation hereabouts but he'll demand some serious re-drafting of the list tomorrow

If richard overton and  simon ricketts held on for a few days I potentially could of been looking at over 700 points and and great chance of winning alas i'm sure i'm not the only one who would've picked them both.

I sent you a spare sub MPFC as my bench Is now used up.

Here's my go:

1. Andrew Fairlie

2. Andrew McGahan

3. Anne Lotz

4. Beth Chapman

5. Bob Hawke

6. Chris Wilson (musician)

7. Diana Athill

8. Edmund Capon

9. Fernando Ricksen

10. Gerard Basset

11. Jean Louis Tritignant

12. John Andretti

13. Karen Lewis

14. Kathleen Blanco

15. Michael Robinson

16. Paul Dewar

17. Peter Lorimer

18. Richard Parsons

19. Stacy Title

20. Sutopo Purho Nugroho (JOKER)

Subs- Leah Bracknell, Johnny Clegg, Mike Wilesee

Nope, no need to write down Shivakumara Swami on my paper list. Couldn't possibly forget him....

OlWMp4ZxTseBy.gif