maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2019

Deleted, re-posted below

At least I'm off nul point now!

1 hour ago, msc said:

At least I'm off nul point now!

Indeed and the points are still fairly generous for current deaths.

If I was going to make one serious prediction here though - I think we might have the usual Deathrace situation of the defending champion doing well but not retaining the title.

Just now, maryportfuncity said:

Indeed and the points are still fairly generous for current deaths.

If I was going to make one serious prediction here though - I think we might have the usual Deathrace situation of the defending champion doing well but not retaining the title.

Yeah, am going to assume that, in the grand scheme of things, giving DI and Rad a 1000 point lead head start wasn't the wisest strategy... :D

Er, Sir Creep is missing some points for Langford...

5 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

Didn't know where to put this, as I am a relatively new lurker and decided to make an account.  My friends and I did our first death pool more than a couple of years ago, where the 4 of us picked just 2 celebrities each, and the contest was over when someone had their 2 picks die.  We enjoyed it so much (the winner had Zsa Zsa Gabor and Billy Graham) that the 4 of us decided to have a more-encompassing 2019 Death Pool draft, with 8 categories and where you pick 2 celebrities for each category.......  (SNIP)

In doing my research, I based a lot of it on this site and just reading the comments.  If this was the wrong thread to post this in, sorry about that.  May the force be with me!  

“Ask A Deathlister” maybe a better spot for discussion(?).  Hey there are no set rules, feel free to develop (and later tweak) any kind of DL you like.  I run a small one with 12 people or so and we have a few broad categories like that.  And we also don’t have all gung ho players so we tone it down and stick to somewhat larger names, more like the actual DL.  It’s a struggle for me lol.

Anyway, have fun.

SC

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Er, Sir Creep is missing some points for Langford...

You've seen the message at bottom of the scoreboard post which makes it clear I know it's half finished and I'm on it, right?

YEAH I KNOW THE LIST OF LOST AND SCOREBOARD IS ONLY HALF COMPLETE - OFF TO WORK, SORT IT IN THE TEA-BREAK

And now - I think we're in shape

And let's have a look at the old Scoreboard!

Phantom of the Midway - 1449

Death Impends - 1448

Sir Creep - 1444

Joey Russ - 1439

GC Reptile - 1083

Drol- 732

Maryportfuncity - 730

Devon Death Trip - 728

Joey Russ - 725

Grim up North - 364

Clorox Bleachman - 357

MSC - 357

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

And now - I think we're in shape

And let's have a look at the old Scoreboard!

Phantom of the Midway - 1449

Death Impends - 1448

Sir Creep - 1444

Joey Russ - 1439

GC Reptile - 1083

Drol- 732

Maryportfuncity - 730

Devon Death Trip - 728

Joey Russ - 725

Grim up North - 364

Clorox Bleachman - 357

MSC - 357

You just can't get enough Joey can you Mary?

• Haha 1

I just found a wonderful name that could have been had for DeathRace, and of course everything else (article from Dec 27).  If I was in DL Cup for February, a shoe-in!  But alas, I'm likely on a 'bye'.  

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

You just can't get enough Joey can you Mary?

Just pissing about so's it looks like a running joke!

Might get over myself now and sort it

Anymore deaths I need to add whilst I'm at it?

While I wait for more hits for deathrace, one of my Deathrace names Renaud's brother, Thiery Sechan has died at 69

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

While I wait for more hits for deathrace, one of my Deathrace names Renaud's brother, Thiery Sechan has died at 69

You should definitely get 0.1 pts for that.  I mean cmon....

Hmm

Logged in here to add points for Diane Oxberry feeling sure someone had her and discovered she ain't on the masterlist

Did someone have her as a sub?

13 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hmm

Logged in here to add points for Diane Oxberry feeling sure someone had her and discovered she ain't on the masterlist

Did someone have her as a sub?

Unlikely- it was not known she was publicly ill at all and it's been said her colleagues only found out since new year that was ill.

Watch this space... if reports of Shirley Boone's demise are confirmed tonight (so far some tabloids like Radar Online and Life and Times of Hollywood reporting, dunno if those count), I win the Deathrace because she was my joker... 1449 + (354 x 2) = 2157

Would be my first deadpool win ever. And I think a record-fast Deathrace win as well.

6 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Watch this space... if reports of Shirley Boone's demise are confirmed tonight (so far some tabloids like Radar Online and Life and Times of Hollywood reporting, dunno if those count), I win the Deathrace because she was my joker... 1449 + (354 x 2) = 2157

Would be my first deadpool win ever. And I think a record-fast Deathrace win as well.

So who were your 4 previous hits?  

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

So who were your 4 previous hits?  

Maybe you should look at the scoreboard to find out. The answer might be there...

• Thanks 1

We really need a clapping seal orkork emoji for useful fucking responses like that.  As it was that was the page I was on but you knew that cuz you probably follow my every move.  
Insert clapping seal.
SC

• Haha 2

This help SC?

tenor.gif

• Thanks 1

On 28/10/2018 at 13:28, msc said:

Ten years of Deathrace! :clap:

No one has ever retained the title either. Until 2019, of course. B)

If @Phantom of the Midway is right about Boone (and why wouldn't he be), you can republish that remark again next year.

1 hour ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Daughter Cherry Boone runs a webpage called Active Transformation -- which seems perfect for her mum.

2 hours ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

A proper news source report comes via People.

Congratulations on your swift victory, Rad! :clap:

• Thanks 1

Congrats PoftheM.  

• Thanks 1

Aye. After just missing out on the advent avalanche, a well deserved win is rewarded.

• Thanks 1