maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2019

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Fun fun fun.  It would be a death pool who can pick the person with the shittiest legal representation lol

Yeah, or spot the biggest nut-job in the terrorists (i.e. the guy who'd never release a hostage)

Re keeping score - I'm kinda glad we hit the winning score before this deluge unleashed itself but double joker and massively favoured pick. This would have been a good enough obit: https://thewire.in/religion/siddaganga-seer-shivakumara-swami-obituary

After Rex Bacchus I was one death away from the finish line so now I'm across and, as Sri Sri was my joker even plus one, so to say. My personal best.

14 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, he'd have been a Deathrace biggie too, doubtless anyone keeping score in that dept will tell us if they've hit 2019 points.

Andrew McGahan gets me there Mary (along with lots of other people I'm sure - 1st Feb is best yet - just need to work out how to half the number of days and I could be a contender!:blink:

Tyler Trent

Shirley Boone

Andrew Fairlie

Kaylea Callacher (joker)

Andrew McGahan

My survivors are down to half:

DEAD: Basset, Boone, Byrne, Deakin, Khan, Langford, McGahan, McIntyre, Sri Sri, Wilson

ALIVE: Bartholomew, Capon, Conway, Johnson, Merk, Parrikar, Powlison, Ricksen, Romero, Strain

Merk is on mend, so they won't all topple this year, but reaching 1/20 before 2020 still plausible

Missed out on a Deathrace win because the death of Derek Maitland wasn’t announced till a month after he died. Oh well...

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Missed out on a Deathrace win because the death of Derek Maitland wasn’t announced till a month after he died. Oh well...

Hmmm

The rules are clear on that - once a win's declared it can't be undone. WTF was Maitland btw?

25 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hmmm

The rules are clear on that - once a win's declared it can't be undone. WTF was Maitland btw?

Former war journo/photographer in Vietnam who later iirc worked for the BBC during the 80s.

*eyeroll*  guessing there were 100 war photographers.  So iow he was an employee.  

15 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Jack Lyon a 'hit' for me in this pool. 

Lol oops I hadn't realised this pool had already been won and concluded!! :lol::blush:

Won, and concluded!! Yeah, just a bit.

• Haha 1

On 02/02/2019 at 08:58, Death Impends said:

DEAD: Basset, Boone, Byrne, Deakin, Khan, Langford, McGahan, McIntyre, Sri Sri, Wilson, Parrikar

ALIVE: Bartholomew, Capon, Conway, Johnson, Merk, Parrikar, Powlison, Ricksen, Romero, Strain

Merk is on mend, so they won't all topple this year, but reaching 1/20 before 2020 still plausible

*revised*

Along with anyone else what had him.

On 02/02/2019 at 09:58, Death Impends said:

DEAD: Bartholomew, Basset, Boone, Byrne, Capon, Conway, Deakin, Johnson, Khan, Langford, McGahan, McIntyre, Parrikar, Powlison, Romero, Sri Sri, Wilson

ALIVE: Merk, Ricksen, Strain

Update in light of Bartholomew's death. Three lingerers left half a year past this Deathrace's commencement.

On 23/06/2019 at 19:23, Death Impends said:

Update in light of Bartholomew's death. Three lingerers left half a year past this Deathrace's commencement.

Can't say I've checked my team since we declared a winner

On 23/06/2019 at 19:23, Death Impends said:

Halfway through the year and a mere 20 of my team remain alive.

Safe to say I'm not the best at this :lol:

• Like 2

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:15, BuffaloPhil said:

It's the taking part, and the banter

There's likely a 2020 Deathrace, onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

On 01/07/2019 at 18:15, BuffaloPhil said:

Boom! and my joker is gone! At least it's not going to be a completely barren year! Thanks John McCririck!

On 08/10/2019 at 13:49, gcreptile said:

Even gets a Sun obit: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/10096848/william-joplin-dies-pancreatic-cancer/

Could MMA be another of these "to watch" fields for deadpooling, in the vein of, say, how the amount of QO-worthy wrestlers has ballooned in recent years?

5 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Even gets a Sun obit: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/10096848/william-joplin-dies-pancreatic-cancer/

Could MMA be another of these "to watch" fields for deadpooling, in the vein of, say, how the amount of QO-worthy wrestlers has ballooned in recent years?

Quite remarkable.

The Sun is doing the heavy lifting here, C-list wrestlers and MMA fighters with nicknames. 

Is it a trend or is it maybe just one interested writer?

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Quite remarkable.

The Sun is doing the heavy lifting here, C-list wrestlers and MMA fighters with nicknames. 

Is it a trend or is it maybe just one interested writer?

The journalist who wrote it is a big MMA fan.

• Like 1

On 14/11/2019 at 00:22, YorkshireBanker said:

When does thread for Deathrace 2020 go up?

Now - and s'cuse me hauling this relic back for a second but it helps ripping and pasting stuff for the 2020 thread