Guest Goonish Grin

Norman Wisdom

Courtesy of the jug eared, chaetopherous, rotund Home Secretary.

I can't find it anywhere, but it sounds like a useful word to describe a politician! :(

Argh!!!

Mis-spelling!!!!

Chaetophorous to be correct. In need of a shave!

Mr Josco, your postings regarding the Leader of the Conservative Party would be more credible if I didn't happen to believe that you have, in your time also expressed support and admiration for some of his predecessors.

My opinion is that since the early 70's no prime minister has been better or worse than his or her opponent might have been if he had won the election instead.

Bliar is a transparently stupid twunt as you imply. But from my safe standpoint abroad, it looks like Mr. Brown has done the country some good. And he obviously dislikes Blair intensely which wins him a couple of extra points with me. Also, I met him once on a train. Travelling 2nd class. Impressive

Mr Josco, your postings regarding the Leader of the Conservative Party would be more credible if I didn't happen to believe that you have, in your time also expressed support and admiration for some of his predecessors.

My opinion is that since the early 70's no prime minister has been better or worse than his or her opponent might have been if he had won the election instead.

Bliar is a transparently stupid twunt as you imply. But from my safe standpoint abroad, it looks like Mr. Brown has done the country some good. And he obviously dislikes Blair intensely which wins him a couple of extra points with me. Also, I met him once on a train. Travelling 2nd class. Impressive

Some good points, well presented.

Yes, I have expressed admiration for one of Mr Hagues predecessors, but in the context of the times they were in; Mrs T was right in the 70's and 80's, things change, and I think that Mr Hague will be right soon. Not for this coming election, but the one after.

You saw it here first!

Could I just remind you of...

_240416_williamhague.jpg

Major, Hague, Duncan Smith and now Howard have seemingly conspired to ensure that Blair stays in power just as long as he wishes. Between them they have had all the charisma of a dogs' bum with a hat on.

Major, Hague, Duncan Smith and now Howard have seemingly conspired to ensure that Blair stays in power just as long as he wishes.

Are you intimating that they are all working with and for Bliar? As conspiracy theories go, that's a Lulu.

There is only one conspiracy theory that I beleive in, that is that it is in the interests of governments to ensure that conspiracy theories exist, that way it seems that they are omniscient and omnipotent rather than hopelessly inadequate.

Guest Badger

I thought he was dead!! :D

Saw Norman last week at the Isle of Man TT. He looked very fit and well, talked to the crowd and generally larked about. Not ready yet!

Guest Marky

Not sure why Norman Wisdom is on your 2005 list but I'm sure he will live till well over 100 !

:D

Not sure why Norman Wisdom is on your 2005 list but I'm sure he will live till well over 100 !

:deadx:

Perhaps because the DL panel doesn't share your optimism? :deadx:

Have you ever heard of the boy who cried wolf - Norman (the comic genius that he is) always does that thing where he pretend to fall over.

Alls I'm saying is that one day he'll lean too far and break something - people will just laugh at him whilst he lies in agony.

Besides hes just retired this year - they say that boredom kills old peope.

Not that this is related to anything but...

How do they allocate the handicapped car parking spaces at the paraplegic Olympics?? :o

(A point for anyone who knows where I knicked this one from)

SEINFELD

Guest Guest

nORMAN wISDOM WILL SEE OLD mAGGIE t OUT..DID YOU SEE THE STATE OF HER AT tED hEATHS funeral?not a well woman at all!

Guest the authority

I would have thought that Maggie would have been rather gleeful at Ted Heath`s funeral.

And Norman Wisdom will live until the age of 136, thus making him the longest - lived person in the history of mankind.

I should know, I am the authority.

I think the authority may be drunk - or plain stupid.

Or even both. :(

Guest the authority

Dear Windsor,

I am neither drunk nor stupid. I am in fact the greatest human being ever to have walked the planet, narrowlyy beating Jesus Christ, Mahatma Gandhi, William Shakespeare and Jade Goody.

I should know, because I am the authority.

I am neither drunk nor stupid. I am in fact the greatest human being ever to have walked the planet, narrowlyy beating Jesus Christ, Mahatma Gandhi, William Shakespeare and Jade Goody.

It must be hard to remain humble when you're that great.

regards,

Hein

Guest the authority

my name is not Muhammad Ali, who I believe said those very words

cheers,

the authority.

I'm afraid I will be sticking with my original theory :P .

Dear Windsor,

I should know, because I am the authority.

Not a resident in Great Britain, I had to google Jade Goody. I'm glad I did. Quelle renarde, as they say in France. :P

I had to google Jade Goody. I'm glad I did.

How disgusting, I would have thought you could have done better.

:lol:

It wasn't hard. :sicktherm: