Guest Goonish Grin

Norman Wisdom

Sorry to be a kiljoy on this one.... I love this website but I'm praying for this guy to reach his 100th birthday and many more....

A talented entertainer loved by all and my hero too.

Love the site.... but love Norman more,

Hugz

VIENNA

;)

I always found Normans films overly sentimental for my tastes.

I much prefer Will Hay, or even George Formby.

Two more classic performers and very good comedic actors there films are also classics but I was brought up on Danny Kaye and Norman Wisdom films. Seen Norman in Panto he was a hit with all the kiddies in the audience.

Love the "Carry On" films too....

Not many of them left either to put on the list.

I heard that Patsy Rowlands passed away at the start of 2005.

OOOOerrr Missus!

VIENNA

:lol:

I've seen all Norman's films and the Carry on's lots of times.

For me Carry On was Kenny Williams, Sid James and Charles Hawtrey. If all three of them aren't in it, as far as i'm concerned it's sub standard. My personal fave is Carry on at your Convenience.

According to the "Carry On" website this is how many each of the ones you mentioned have appeared in a "Carry On" film

Kenneth Williams (25) he has appeared in the most.

Charles Hawtrey (23)

Sid James (19)

and the most popular lady was Joan Sims with 24 films.

Babs Windsor has only done 9 films and whats harder to believe that Sid James did 10 "Carry On" movies without her!

Just gonna check how many Norman did without Edward Chapman! :lol:

;)

VIENNA

Sorry to be a kiljoy on this one.... I love this website but I'm praying for this guy to reach his 100th birthday and many more....

A talented entertainer loved by all and my hero too.

Love the site.... but love Norman more,

Hugz

VIENNA

;)

Does, the hopefully soon deceased, NW have a big Austrian following?

Don't think much of his work but Norman seems o be an alright kind of guy. Don't hear the locals calling him at all and "comeovers" or none-Manx people aren't very well liked here. I should know I'm a comeover

Rick Wakeman, John Rhys Davies and Jeremy Clarkson all have property over here but I don't think they are permanent residents. Ray from pop group China Crisis lives over here he's a friend of my boyfriend's. Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

Nigel Mansell moved away a while ago. You could see his old house from my window.

Neil Hodgson World Superbike Champion and ex MotoGP rider lives in Onchan but he is currently in America in the AMA Superbike series. Bit more dangerous than "ooo Mr Grimsdale"

Speed limit is probably the main reason. I almost ended up renting the property now owned by Clarkson - a converted lighthouse. Very nice it is too

I almost ended up renting the property now owned by Clarkson - a converted lighthouse.

A lighthouse you say. Why doesn't that suprise me, given that great festering twunts' predilection for penis substitutes.

That was my thought too. Mind you what does that say about me as I rather liked it too

That was my thought too. Mind you what does that say about me as I rather liked it too

That you like lighthouses I guess. :banghead:

That you like lighthouses I guess. :(

I had a different idea, but yours isn't bad either.

regards,

Hein

I should know I'm a comeover

Better than being a comb-over though.

callmyrob.jpg

I see in todays Maul on Sunday that Norman's housekeeper has been arrested for alleged theft of charity funds and memorabilia that has turned up on Ebay.

She has refused to leave his house on the Isle of Man and he is living in England with his family.Must be bad as his daughter flew to the IOM to sack her and throw her out of the house but won't open the door.

A family friend said " .....Norman is very confused and doesn't really know what's been going on"

A strain on the old ticker?

Tempus

Re your earlier post expressing admiration for George Formby, totally agree. He urinates on Norman in my book too.

Something I really love about Formby is that widowed, re-married to a spring chick and - probably - unable to do much about it because he knew a life threatening heart condition could see him off at any time, and terminally out of fashion he shuffled into a studio to record his final single.......Happy Go Lucky Me.

Re your earlier post expressing admiration for George Formby, totally agree. He urinates on Norman in my book too.

Where did you get that book? Sounds absolutely brilliant. Mind you, they wouldn't put up with that sort of thing on the Isle of Man...

I almost ended up renting the property now owned by Clarkson - a converted lighthouse.

A lighthouse you say. Why doesn't that suprise me, given that great festering twunts' predilection for penis substitutes.

Piers Morgan twice quotes Mr Clarkson as saying, "I am physically incapable of having an affair. Ask my wife. She'll tell you."

Whatever could that mean? :lol:

(And before you start, yes, I was that bored ;) )

How did a topic about Norman Wisdom turn into a discussion about the size of Jeremy Clarkson's member?

Oh I think it was my fault, sorry.

Guest Guest_guest

Norman is even on a recent pop video of the girl band 'Twisted Angels' playing the part of a chauffeur, still sprightly I'm afraid :)

Norman is even on a recent pop video of the girl band 'Twisted Angels' playing the part of a chauffeur, still sprightly I'm afraid :)

I agree with you, Guest. I think that Norman Wisdom will survive 2005 and should also be omitted from next year's deathlist as well.

We've got to get Clive Dunn back on there, though. Surely the DL committee isn't going to tempt fate for a second year! :lol: