Guest Goonish Grin

Norman Wisdom

Norman Wisdom, of falling over fame, did stay at Brinsworth recently. He did a runner and was found doing a show on the forecourt of a nearby petrol station.

Hello.

Hello LP7, it's been a while :banghead:

Are you telling us that Mr. Wisdom is going a bit senile?

Hello LP7, it's been a while :banghead:

Either that or he's still going strong. I'm not really sure. Apparently the show went down quite well.

Hello LP7, it's been a while :)

Either that or he's still going strong. I'm not really sure. Apparently the show went down quite well.

Forget Norman Wisdom for a minute, I think everybody thought lospalmas7 became a statistic. So what happened? Why didn't you post?

Forget Norman Wisdom for a minute, I think everybody thought lospalmas7 became a statistic. So what happened? Why didn't you post?

Perhaps he's been stalking Norman.

I went to university and didn't think that using DeathList was the cleverest way to make friends. Then I got out of the habit and almost forgot about the site. Then I heard that Norman Wisdom had been performing at my local Esso having escaped from Brinsworth House. That sparked some memories.

I went to university and didn't think that using DeathList was the cleverest way to make friends. Then I got out of the habit and almost forgot about the site. Then I heard that Norman Wisdom had been performing at my local Esso having escaped from Brinsworth House. That sparked some memories.

It isn't the best approach going and telling everyone that you have a list and wait for people to die. Clearly not the best way to make friends as only some people can understand Deathlist.

It isn't the best approach going and telling everyone that you have a list and wait for people to die. Clearly not the best way to make friends as only some people can understand Deathlist.

I agree. I tell everyone and find it's the best thing for making the ice at parties.

I agree. I tell everyone and find it's the best thing for making the ice at parties.

Surely that's a freezer?

Surely that's a freezer?

Tempus I have searched this post long and hard for traces of irony, wit, meaning, perception etc (which I know accompany many of your posts) and have found none. Maybe I'm missing something that's staring me in the face. If not, then I can only say it is stultifying in its blandness. The Flora margarine of all posts.

Surely that's a freezer?

Tempus I have searched this post long and hard for traces of irony, wit, meaning, perception etc (which I know accompany many of your posts) and have found none. Maybe I'm missing something that's staring me in the face. If not, then I can only say it is stultifying in its blandness. The Flora margarine of all posts.

It made me smile. TF could have been doing an impersonation of my mother-in-law. :angry: It really is the sort of thing she would say, so from my perspective at least, an amusing reply to your amusing post.

Surely that's a freezer?

It made me smile. TF could have been doing an impersonation of my mother-in-law. :angry: It really is the sort of thing she would say, so from my perspective at least, an amusing reply to your amusing post.

Flora Margarine or Slave's mother-in-law? That's a tough call Tempus.

"He’s not in ill health — he just wants to be waited on.”

Oh dear! if ever there was a surefire way to exit stage right, an old people's home is it. Poor old dead theNorman.

I could have sworn we had a Norman Wisdom thread somewhere on this site... :)

Rather deceptively attractive news... interesting, but probably doesn't mean much.

So who are they expecting to die in December then? Or maybe someone is leaving, he must be replacing somebody.

I would imagine they'll all be leaving now. He'll drive them up the wall. Charlie Drake in particular may be feeling a little inferior. I've just Baconned some of them and Drake has a Bacon number of 3 whereas Wisdom, O'Sullivan and even Alan Freeman have Bacon's of 2.

I wonder why Wisdom was never in a Carry On film?

...Charlie Drake in particular may be feeling a little inferior.

He'll end up on the Sex Offenders Register for that sort of behaviour.

I wouldn't mind betting Wisdom never did a Carry On mostly because of money. As a contract star at Rank - and big box office - he would have expected high fees. Peter Rogers is legendarily parsimonious. For early Carry On's Wisdom would have been too expensive. Later on, he would have wanted a hand in production and therefore potential profits - just as he did with 'What's Sauce For The Goose', for Tigon. Can't see Rogers reliquishing that! And when that last movie flopped, he seemed to go into semi-retirement for a few years, stung by its failure.

...Charlie Drake in particular may be feeling a little inferior.

He'll end up on the Sex Offenders Register for that sort of behaviour.

:) Surprising what you can get delivered to old people's homes with the right connections. 'Splish splash I was taking a bath....'

I'd say you're quite right, although I think you'll find it was 'What's Good for the Goose'

If you've ever seen that pile of steaming dung (apart from The Pretty Things in full flow) you'd know why it flopped

goose_film_pic.jpg

Later on, he would have wanted a hand in production and therefore potential profits - just as he did with 'What's Sauce For The Goose', for Tigon. Can't see Rogers reliquishing that! And when that last movie flopped, he seemed to go into semi-retirement for a few years, stung by its failure.

That's the kind of thing they should put on late at night now, so bad it's genius of an unintended kind. As I recall it was absolute shite, an embarrassment to the emerging hippies and a sorry showing up of the fact that Norman couldn't perform in anyone's world but his own.

Well he's going to be performing in Dickie's world now. I would imagine that after about a week of him they'll be putting rat poison in his tea. Fluff Freeman will play a few Slade records to drown out the moaning.

Thank you, ATJ - I would claim that I got the title wrong because I was trying to blank the experience of seeing the film, but the truth is that I just couldn't be bothered to look it up. It is appalling, though, and as you rightly say, notable only for the Pretty Things (music for which I think was part of the Electric Banana sessions they did for DeWolfe music library, and cropped up on a few movies as a result). The Pretties had a habit of bad movies - anyone remember 'The Monster Club'?

I'd say you're quite right, although I think you'll find it was 'What's Good for the Goose'

If you've ever seen that pile of steaming dung (apart from The Pretty Things in full flow)

Pretty things that full flow? Forgive me for misunderstanding, but I hope your talking about the burnette in white. I think that she could fit the definition as a pretty thing, Somehow I feel she is more naughty than the blond. ;)

If you've ever seen that pile of steaming dung (apart from The Pretty Things in full flow)

Pretty things that full flow? Forgive me for misunderstanding, but I hope your talking about the burnette in white. I think that she could fit the definition as a pretty thing, Somehow I feel she is more naughty then the blond. ;)

I think Anubis was referring to these Pretty Things.