Bibliogryphon

Theatre

3 hours ago, time said:

See the source image

Friend of a friend stuff but...

Miller used to get annoyed when mentioned in the same breath as more popular public intellectuals (someone once told me that a it was considered sport to those who didn't like Miller to mention Melvyn Bragg's name in his presence)

So, he'd likely hate being eclipsed by a celebrity chef and Clive James on the day he died

• Like 1

Quit posting in this fucking thread until you distinguish this from the Broadway thread.  Biblio was a complete cunt for creating it, thread WHORE.
SC

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Canadian Theatre Director, founder and actor Walter Learning dead at 81 years:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6372787/walter-learning-theatre-new-brunswick-dead/

He founded the Theatre New Brunswick and directed many successful productions, including A Man for All Seasons at the Stratford Festival.

Well, we’re slowly Learning on whether this will be as strong of a year, eh?

I’ll grab my coat...

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 15:13, Bibliogryphon said:

DIRECTORS

1979       Trevor Nunn

1982       Richard Eyre

1985       Bill Bryden

1986       Nuna Esperit

1988       Deborah Warner

1989       Nicholas Hytner

1990       Richard Jones

1992       Stephen Daldry

1993       Terry Hands

1994       Sean Mathias

Terry Hands directs himself outta here: https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2020/feb/04/theatre-director-terry-hands-who-ran-the-royal-shakespeare-company-dies-aged-79

• Sad 1

DIRECTORS

1979       Trevor Nunn

1982       Richard Eyre

1985       Bill Bryden

1986       Nuna Esperit

1988       Deborah Warner

1989       Nicholas Hytner

1990       Richard Jones

1992       Stephen Daldry

1994       Sean Mathias

1995       Matthew Warcus

Peter Sadie has died at 36.  
Saide was an Australian actor who recently appeared on stage in Last Days of Summer at George Street Playhouse. 

Saide’s first professional role was a version of Cinderella in Manila with Lea Solanga. His first role in America was Bob Gaudio in Jersey Boys in Las Vegas. He went on to roles in Mamma Mia, Oklahoma and Beauty and the Beast. In film he appeared in Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg’s movie, “Other Guys.” On TV he appeared in the NBC series, “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.”

On Valentine’s Day 2020, Saide uploaded a heartbreaking post to his Instagram page about being in the hospital having undergone the “hardest two weeks” of his life. Saide paid a tribute to his girlfriend, Shelby Putlak, also an actress. Saide said that Putlak had taken care of his dog, dealt with his concerned family members, as well as successfully auditioning for parts on the side. Saide said that he “lay in awe” his girlfriend, adding, “Every time I open my eyes she’s there. Sitting quietly, smiling and holding my hand. She has never, for a moment, shown weakness or any sign of complaint. It’s one of the greatest acts of love I’ve received in my lifetime.”
SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Peter Sadie has died at 36.  
Saide was an Australian actor who recently appeared on stage in Last Days of Summer at George Street Playhouse. 

Saide’s first professional role was a version of Cinderella in Manila with Lea Solanga. His first role in America was Bob Gaudio in Jersey Boys in Las Vegas. He went on to roles in Mamma Mia, Oklahoma and Beauty and the Beast. In film he appeared in Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg’s movie, “Other Guys.” On TV he appeared in the NBC series, “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.”

On Valentine’s Day 2020, Saide uploaded a heartbreaking post to his Instagram page about being in the hospital having undergone the “hardest two weeks” of his life. Saide paid a tribute to his girlfriend, Shelby Putlak, also an actress. Saide said that Putlak had taken care of his dog, dealt with his concerned family members, as well as successfully auditioning for parts on the side. Saide said that he “lay in awe” his girlfriend, adding, “Every time I open my eyes she’s there. Sitting quietly, smiling and holding my hand. She has never, for a moment, shown weakness or any sign of complaint. It’s one of the greatest acts of love I’ve received in my lifetime.”
SC

What was the story there, then?

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Sounded like suicide at first but maybe the virus?  Or did it sound like the virus at first and then maybe suicide?  

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Freak surgery complication, apparently.

" Saide’s sister said in a Facebook post that her brother had undergone surgery to remove a bone that had been growing on his spinal cord. The surgery was successful and Saide returned home with the use of a walking stick. On February 26, Saide went to the ER due to complications from a DVT diagnosis related to his surgery. Saide’s sister said that his heart stopped and he was unable to be resuscitated. A private cremation for Saide will be held in New York City."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Claudette Nevins, who starred in the original production of Neil Simon's Plaza Suite on Broadway and in a national tour of The Great White Hope, has died. She was 82.  Nevins died Feb. 20 in hospice care at her home in Los Angeles.

In recurring roles for television, Nevins portrayed Constance Fielding, the mother of Doug Savant's Matt, on Melrose Place and played Special Agent Clayton Webb's (Steven Culp) mom on JAG.  Years earlier, she portrayed Andy Griffith's wife in 1970-71 on the short-lived CBS show Headmaster, the actor's first series after he quit The Andy Griffith Show.

SC

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 20:56, YoungWillz said:

Former Artistic Director of Pitlochry Festival Theatre, John Durnin: https://pitlochryfestivaltheatre.com/news/pitlochry-festival-theatre-mourns-the-passing-of-john-durnin/

John Durnin's partner who married him shortly before his death and English theatre actress Jacqueline Dutoit, has died a mere fortnight after him back at the beginning of March: https://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/18373939.obituary-jacqueline-dutoit-powerful-actress-graced-pitlochry-stage/

Some minor TV roles.

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I heard his name being thrown around for DDP

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I heard his name being thrown around for DDP

That conversation just went in circles.

10 hours ago, SwiftlyVague said:

Corey Fischer, who co-founded The Traveling Jewish Theatre and had also appeared in a few films, dead at 75.

One of a handful of actors who was in both the film and tv versions of MASH , of whom only Gary Burghoff is still alive I believe.

• Like 1

Actor Luke Westlake has died - seemingly from suicide going by the second tweet.

• Like 1

Rona Laurie, actress and voice teacher, dead at 103: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/243691/neilson

According to IMDB, played Eva Braun to Patrick Troughton's Hitler on stage.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7697046/

Bit more about her here: http://www.aofess.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Rona-Laurie.pdf

• Like 3