Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

John Kenneth Galbraith

I do hope that these posts do not prove BS to be right.Nothing personal to him, but I would hate to think that there is someone in the forum with accurate powers of prediction.

Come on Biggs, Wisdom , Gallo, etc....die, die, die!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know it defeats the purpose of our little forum but......Please god no....

If Galbraith's health is as poor as the rumors say, I'd frankly be very surprised to see him live ou the year.

Guest iain
I do hope that these posts do not prove BS to be right.Nothing personal to him, but I would hate to think that there is someone in the forum with accurate powers of prediction.

Come on Biggs, Wisdom , Gallo, etc....die, die, die!!

i THINK nORMAN wISDOM HAS QUITE A FEW GOOD YEARS LEFT IN HIM YET.However from what I gather it would seem that JK Galbraith will be meeting his maker(or producer might be more apt) pretty soon.As for Ronnie Biggs,I think hes having us all on and have pretty much given up on him dying any time soon.

Guest Jim Fairbanks

The legendary economist canadian-born John Kenneth Galbraith is living your last days. The death of Galbraith is waited for your family and friends. The legacy of Galbraith for the economics debate is inestimable.

The legendary economist canadian-born John Kenneth Galbraith is living your last days. The death of Galbraith is waited for your family and friends. The legacy of Galbraith for the economics debate is inestimable.

The legendary economist canadian-born John Kenneth Galbraith is living your last days.

I sincerely hope not. If he IS living my last days, I want them back. I may need them someday, probably towards the end of my life.

On second thoughts, my last days will most likely be miserable and painful, JKG's welcome to them. He can have my last fortnight for all I care...

The legendary economist canadian-born John Kenneth Galbraith is living his last days.

That sounds about right. ;)

Guest Guest

Really. John Kenneth Galbraith is very, very weak. Your live is near of end. He live your last days our weeks.

Really. John Kenneth Galbraith is very, very weak. Your live is near of end. He live your last days our weeks.

I'm sorry, but my life isn't "near of end" as you put it, unless of course I get run over by a car tomorrow unexpectedly, and even then I won't give you credit for guessing that I was near to death.

And why is Galbraith going to live "my last days" but "our last weeks". Does this mean that the longer he lives, the more people must suffer with him? Seems very selfish to me. :(

Guest Peter Harrison

The old economist J. K. Galbraith is very frail. Your death is imminent. :(

Is J.K.G. the new JPII. Will he linger for ages creating selection problems for the DL for years to come?

I am rather skeptical of the claims made in this thread that J.K.G is near death. I am yet to see a link to a news source that confirms this. :P

Guest Tom Parker

J. K. Galbraith have a health very fragile. He was hospitalized for pneumonia two occasions in two last years. Unhappiness, the death of Galbraith is imminent. I respect the economic think of mr. Galbraith. The language of Galbraith in your books is elegant and sample. He was a great friend of Jack Kennedy. John Kenneth Galbraith is a brilliant economist and a good man.

J. K. Galbraith have a health very fragile. He was hospitalized for pneumonia two occasions in two last years. Unhappiness, the death of Galbraith is imminent. I respect the economic think of mr. Galbraith. The language of Galbraith in your books is elegant and sample. He was a great friend of Jack Kennedy. John Kenneth Galbraith is a brilliant economist and a good man.

How does being a friend of the most overrated person of the 20th century make you a good man?

John Kenneth Galbraith is very sick. Your death is near. The death of famous  keynesean economist will a great loss for the economic sciences.

It is obvious that Charlemagne, Jim Fairbanks and Guest are the same person posting under different names. He or she made the same grammatical error everytime. :)

From today's Observer. A birthday interview.

This year he was showing his age and clearly did not want a full-scale interview. But he certainly wanted to talk about corporations. 'The modern corporation operates under the mystique of the market, which is extensively under its control. This is a matter which modern economics recognises but does not pursue.'

And the man who warned Kennedy about the championing of war in Vietnam added: 'Our military operations, including notably Iraq, are under corporate direction through Rumsfeld and a compliant military staff. In the absence of corporate initiative and power we would not be in Iraq. And, a more poignant matter, we would not have George Bush.'

The great man is still in fighting form.

Well they are talking about him in past tense and

he didn't want a full interview due to the effects

of age. :D

It sounds like soon he will be on his way out.

In a happy birthday article i doubt they would

talk about his major decline in health though

they slightly hinted it.

"Still in fighting form." :referee:

It sounds like soon he will be on his way out.

In a happy birthday article i doubt they would

talk about his major decline in health though

they slightly hinted it.

"Still in fighting form."  :ph34r:

It also could be referring to his criticism of modern corporations and George Bush.

Guest ROBERT

MR. GALBRAITH IS VERY, VERY SICK. HIS LIFE IS NEAR OF THE END. MR. GALBRAITH IS A GENTLEMAN.

Guest Guest
MR. GALBRAITH IS VERY, VERY SICK. HIS LIFE IS NEAR OF THE END. MR. GALBRAITH IS A GENTLEMAN.

Is possible. The health of the JKG is very bad.

I've heard that from somewhere? I can't remember..

I suppose it just slipped my mind?

Yes Banshees, I believe some guest posted something similar a while ago. I think they base everything on his age which is silly (unless your name is Brooke Astor). ;)

Yes Banshees, I believe some guest posted something similar a while ago. I think they base everything on his age which is silly (unless your name is Brooke Astor). ;)

It is probably the same guest that previously posted something similar