Joey Russ

Who Should Be On The 2019 Deathlist?

8 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

My Melbourne-based sister mentioned Bob Hawke too so...

I'm thinking 2019 sadly may be Vera Lynn's year. She's been suspiciously quiet of late.

Looking at ImissMontpellier's list, is Michel Sardou ill?  Not heard anything other than he's currently in a wheelchair following an operation on his feet.

And while Line Renaud should get a UK obit, I'd be surprised if the powers-that-be pick her, plus, admittedly a year ago now but she looked more alive than practically the entire congregation at Hallyday's funeral and was spritely enough in 'La Ch'tite Famille' too - definitely less frail-looking than June Whitfield was in the Ab Fab movie.

Michel Sardou is not ill but has stopped singing. He is still acting. 

Line Renaud is 90, you don't know what will happen to you when you are 90. 

My list was very, very, very hard to make for several reasons:

- I am not British and not based in Britain. Most of the Brits you put in your list are completely unknown and I have to google them.

- I am French born and raised that's why many people in my list are French. I don't know if they will be given an obit in UK.

- I don't want to put young people in my list because I don't want to jinx them. That's the reason there are not Demi Lovato or Selena Gomez in my list.

- I don't want to jinx someone.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ImissMontpellier said:

My first 2019 deathlist:

1) Pierre Soulages

2) Pierre Cardin

3) Jimmy Carter

4) Jacques Chirac

5) Bernadette Chirac (Jacques' wife)

6) Jacques Delors

7) Michael Palin

8) Jean-Marie Le Pen

9) Imelda Marcos

10) John Major

11) Michael Caine

12) King Juan Carlos

13) Grand-Duc Jean de Luxembourg

14) Ruth Bader Ginsburg

15) Anton Coppola

16) George Soros

17) Rupert Murdoch

18) Pelé

19) Alex Ferguson

20) Pope Francis

21) Pope Benedict XVI

22) Jean-Louis Trintignant

23) Michel Piccoli

24) Michel Sardou

25) Bill Clinton

26) Valéry Giscard d'Estaing

27) Woody Allen

28) Robert Redford

29) Queen Elizabeth II

30) Prince Philip of Edimburg

31) Tom Jones

32) Bernard Tapie

33) Thomas Markle Sr (is he deathlist worthy?)

34) Ernst-August of Hanover

35) Marianne Faithfull

36) David Bailey

37) Sean Connery

38) Kirk Douglas

39) Line Renaud (is she deathlist worthy?)

40) Morgan Freeman

41) Marilyn Manson

42) Bernard Arnault

43) Jérôme Seydoux (related to Léa and French billionaire)

44) Hosni Mubarak

45) Robert Mugabe

46) Ennio Morricone

47) Mikhail Gorbachev

48) Béji Caïd Essebsi

49) Sonia Gandhi

50) Abdelaziz Bouteflika

I guess the first man to go will be a politician and the first lady to leave us will be an artist... I can feel it but....

Is there anything wrong with Ernst August's health? Why do you think he will meet his maker?

32 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Is there anything wrong with Ernst August's health? Why do you think he will meet his maker?

He's well known to be an alcoholic and a loose cannon.

16 hours ago, ImissMontpellier said:

- I am not British and not based in Britain. Most of the Brits you put in your list are completely unknown and I have to google them.

- I am French born and raised that's why many people in my list are French. I don't know if they will be given an obit in UK.

I thought your list was really good, and particularly impressive seeing as you're not British.

Agreed about Line Renaud - at that age it only takes a fall or minor ailment, but she is still working (unlike Michel Piccoli for example) and doesn't seem very frail. Mind you, Bernadette Lafont, who was considerably younger, worked until the very end, carrying a whole film ('Paulette', worth seeing and with a premise not dissimilar to the Brenda Blethyn film 'Saving Grace'), seemed tough as old boots and then bang, dead. So who knows.

I know Sardou did a farewell tour not so long ago but how many people have done farewell tours and then toured again within a few years? 

11 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

I thought your list was really good, and particularly impressive seeing as you're not British.

Agreed about Line Renaud - at that age it only takes a fall or minor ailment, but she is still working (unlike Michel Piccoli for example) and doesn't seem very frail. Mind you, Bernadette Lafont, who was considerably younger, worked until the very end, carrying a whole film ('Paulette', worth seeing and with a premise not dissimilar to the Brenda Blethyn film 'Saving Grace'), seemed tough as old boots and then bang, dead. So who knows.

I know Sardou did a farewell tour not so long ago but how many people have done farewell tours and then toured again within a few years? 

Thank you!

Agree with you about Bernadette Lafont. Her death was a surprise given she was still working. 

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 14:16, ImissMontpellier said:

Michel Sardou is not ill but has stopped singing. He is still acting. 

Line Renaud is 90, you don't know what will happen to you when you are 90. 

- I don't want to put young people in my list because I don't want to jinx them. That's the reason there are not Demi Lovato or Selena Gomez in my list.

- I don't want to jinx someone.

A writer for "Paris Match" claims that Michel Sardou has lung cancer. 

I realize that this tabloid is not a reliable source, though.

Edit: They have many stories about older French celebrities. So it may not be a bad source for Deathlist-related news after all. 

https://www.francedimanche.fr/actualites/michel-sardou-frappe-par-un-cancer-foudroyant

19 hours ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

A writer for "Paris Match" claims that Michel Sardou has lung cancer. 

I realize that this tabloid is not a reliable source, though.

Edit: They have many stories about older French celebrities. So it may not be a bad source for Deathlist-related news after all. 

https://www.francedimanche.fr/actualites/michel-sardou-frappe-par-un-cancer-foudroyant

The link @ThePrematureBurial posted above mine is not about Sardou's health. It is about the death of one of the friend of Sardou who is not a celebrity.

Paris Match is more trustworthy than france dimanche who has strinking headlines for minor news.

• Like 1

Why are people still posting in this thread? The 2019 has already been revealed, no need to make suggestions in here anymore...

• Like 1

On 02/12/2018 at 10:55, Bentrovato said:

Alexander Thynn, 7th Marquess of Bath. He must be on his way out soon. 86 and no longer really heard of. 

16 months later and he is gone.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Red Death said:

Gone? Did you mean D?

He meant you are an unfunny troll.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

16 months later and he is gone.

So now there are 60-70 of his wifelets on the hunt for fresh meat. Keep your doors locked.