Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

Seen Any Awful Films Lately

We've got the seen any good films thread and the not seen any good films thread for good films people haven't watched yet.

But what about those rare pieces of utter cinematic shite. About Time can be  the first entry into this, twee preachy sticky sweet nonsense where the main character is a deranged stalker utilising his super-power to force his wife to live in a fantasy lie, yet where meant to sympathise with his love story? The comedy is flat throughout and the entire thing is just bad. Like really bad. Yet people seem to like it, I watched it on the recommendation of more than one other person? Jeesh. 

• Like 1

One Day *SPOILER ALERT*

Based on a bestselling book that I haven't read - watched it with wife - total shite from beginning to end.

She gets killed in a crash towards the end - I think I was supposed to feel sad - it was the only enjoyable part of the film - I gave out a little cheer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Wrinkle in Time (2018)...Every step of the way I was thinking, "What the heck am I watching?".

Anyone seen that film where the spoiler is it's set on September 11th and Robert Pattison gets killed in the WTC? That was bad.

Arctic Blast, no longer on Netflix, sadly: once seen, never forgotten...

Here's a strong candidate for "worst movie ever made".

I present to you... FUN IN BALLOON LAND.

Currently has a 1.2/10 on IMDb.

47 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Here's a strong candidate for "worst movie ever made".

I present to you... FUN IN BALLOON LAND.

Currently has a 1.2/10 on IMDb.

The more cultured folk at Letterboxd have given it a 1.8 out of 5! Eh what?

Either way I'm out at 6 minute, I'm not sure I'd even class that as a film.

Long, long time ago, I had the mis-fortune to hire a video (told you it was a long, long time ago) of a film called ETn (extra terrestrial nasty) I think I lasted about 40-45 minutes before switching it off and taking it back to the shop. 

If if you thought plan b from outer space was bad (officially the worst film ever a few years ago) ETn was the fekin pits. 

The Keith Allan vehicle The Magnificent Eleven was absolutely diabolical. Watch it at your own peril.

most films are not worth watching I would lose count if I had to keep track of every shit film

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Long, long time ago, I had the mis-fortune to hire a video (told you it was a long, long time ago) of a film called ETn (extra terrestrial nasty) I think I lasted about 40-45 minutes before switching it off and taking it back to the shop. 

If if you thought plan b from outer space was bad (officially the worst film ever a few years ago) ETn was the fekin pits. 

I think you mean Plan 9 from Outer Space. Plan B from Outer Space sounds like a hoot.

12 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I think you mean Plan 9 from Outer Space. Plan B from Outer Space sounds like a hoot.

Oops! You're right.  Plan 9 it was. 

4 hours ago, Deathray said:

Plan B should certainly be shot into outer space 

• Haha 3

There is more than one Plan B tho, a Plan B if you will.

More likely found in Paul's record collection than the shite one.

And they did an album called, yip,  From Outer Space.

R-11376304-1515205229-6163.jpeg.jpg

Darren Aronofsky’s Mother! is among the most onanistic drivel I have ever seen, a plotless half-arsed amalgamation of Bunuel, Polanski and Woody Allen-style satire (no jokes please :facepalm: ) but with virtually no redeeming qualities. Said to be the catalyst for Aronofsky’s break up with Jennifer Lawrence, who has the misfortune to star in this bilge. I normally love most of his work but I haven’t yet forgiven him for this celluloid abomination 

• Like 1

My devotion to Anna Friel has led me to watch a lot of rubbish films with her in, but by far and away the worst is Mad Cows, a laugh-free comedy also 'starring' Joanna Lumley doing a re-run of Patsy from AbFab, only the dire script renders her painfully unamusing. And Anna keeps her clothes on throughout. Dreadful.

29 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

My devotion to Anna Friel has led me to watch a lot of rubbish films with her in, but by far and away the worst is Mad Cows, a laugh-free comedy also 'starring' Joanna Lumley doing a re-run of Patsy from AbFab, only the dire script renders her painfully unamusing. And Anna keeps her clothes on throughout. Dreadful.

Do you normally just walk into a strangers home and go for a shit on their toilet without even a basic introduction?

• Haha 2

One date night early on in my last long relationship, we went to see Gigli with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez.

It was frankly the worst film I’ve ever paid to see at the cinema. By the end you’re literally willing them to both die to end the rubbish they’re acting out. So bad it’s now the benchmarks of naffness.

Pearl Harbour wasn’t far off it either. The saving grace was I fell asleep during that. Bad news- nothing much happened during that catnap of an hr. 

If I need it badly enough yes, but anyway, here goes. Hi guys, nice to meet you. Look forward to a long and fulfilling something or other.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

If I need it badly enough yes, but anyway, here goes. Hi guys, nice to meet you. Look forward to a long and fulfilling something or other.

Welcome  hanky.gif

Oxfordshire, huh?  North or south?

History of violence . Embarassingly bad.

Tusk. I liked the idea and concept but movie was a huge let down.

Welcome  hanky.gif

Oxfordshire, huh?  North or south?

North - Kidlington to be precise...thanks for the welcome...
  • Like 1