Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

Deathlist Forum Music Swap

On 27/11/2018 at 17:31, charon said:

So whoever you're drawn with, is to be locked in your chariot? wut.gif

Why the fuck is Zorders banned?

This could be perfect Death pool Chariot Karaoke.

Well, they have to listen to whatever 20 songs you give them at least once and rate them out of ten. I'm not sure I'd call that been locked in your chariot. Of course there's absolutely nothing in rules preventing you giving them twenty twenty-minute or longer long prog rock songs  (don't fret, I won't inflict that on anyone - this month anyway) or a self-allocated theme of the 20 worst songs you've ever heard of. There's also nothing stopping you rating the entire lot a 0 if they do that to you.. 

I wouldn't of minded taking part. You should do this regularly deathray.

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

*have

• Like 2

6 hours ago, the_engineer said:

You can have my second one. @FixedBusiness - it's easier with even numbers.

Intention's to make it monthly, if this goes okay.

6 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Avicii?

Guilty m'lud.

14 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Why do I have a feeling we've had this argument before...

You asked to be judged.

I don't remember Sutcliffe comolaing about his judgement coffee3.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

You can have my second one. @FixedBusiness - it's easier with even numbers.

Intention's to make it monthly, if this goes okay.

Liking this idea deathray and interested to hear fixedbusiness playlist.

8 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Liking this idea deathray and interested to hear fixedbusiness playlist.

Here you go . I hope this link works. Anyways, no theme, just songs i really enjoy. Excited to hear yours too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Here you go . I hope this link works. Anyways, no theme, just songs i really enjoy. Excited to hear yours too.

Got it! I'll try and post mine today.

5 hours ago, Phantom said:

Ok so now I have to install Spotify

Not necessarily install it, just create an account (you can access it from your browser). If you want me to I can provide you the songs via youtube (assuming their all on there), a cd-rip or carrier pigeon if those are preferable?

2 hours ago, Deathray said:

Not necessarily install it, just create an account (you can access it from your browser). If you want me to I can provide you the songs via youtube (assuming their all on there), a cd-rip or carrier pigeon if those are preferable?

I had it on my previous pc, but that crashed a few months ago. I just haven't got round to putting everything back on.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

1)The chosen few - electric wizard
2)Anarchy - kmfdm
3)The crawl - placebo ( The lead singer of placebo I think has one of the most unique voices, and pure morning would be on this list but only one song per artist/band).
4)Enya - boadicea
5)Lilly chou chou - glide
6)Kim wilde - you keep me hangin' on
7)College and electric youth - a real hero
8)Mass effect 2 - suicide mission
9)Pink floyd - comfortably numb
10)Rammstein - ich will
11)Radiohead - nude
12)Emma shapplin - spente le stelle
13)The man who sold the world - midge ure
14)Keep away - godsmack
15)Marilyn manson - the nobodies
16)The verve - the drugs don't work
17)Nine inch nails -something it can never have
18)Moonlight sonata - beethoven
19)Renee fleming - auf dem wasser zu singen
20)The avalanches - frontier psychiatrist ( has one of the best mv's ever imo and very original song)

Hope you like them! You've probably heard of some.  I only know two of your songs beforehand so looking forward to finding some new music.

• Like 1

1)The chosen few - electric wizard
2)Anarchy - kmfdm
3)The crawl - placebo ( The lead singer of placebo I think has one of the most unique voices, and pure morning would be on this list but only one song per artist/band).
4)Enya - boadicea
5)Lilly chou chou - glide
6)Kim wilde - you keep me hangin' on
7)College and electric youth - a real hero
8)Mass effect 2 - suicide mission
9)Pink floyd - comfortably numb
10)Rammstein - ich will
11)Radiohead - nude
12)Emma shapplin - spente le stelle
13)The man who sold the world - midge ure
14)Keep away - godsmack
15)Marilyn manson - the nobodies
16)The verve - the drugs don't work
17)Nine inch nails -something it can never have
18)Moonlight sonata - beethoven
19)Renee fleming - auf dem wasser zu singen
20)The avalanches - frontier psychiatrist ( has one of the best mv's ever imo and very original song)

Hope you like them! You've probably heard of some.  I only know two of your songs beforehand so looking forward to finding some new music.

Thanks! I'll listen to them when I get home, I've heard of some of these and they are great songs!

On Monday, December 03, 2018 at 09:39, Deathray said:

Well, they have to listen to whatever 20 songs you give them at least once and rate them out of ten. I'm not sure I'd call that been locked in your chariot. Of course there's absolutely nothing in rules preventing you giving them twenty twenty-minute or longer long prog rock songs  (don't fret, I won't inflict that on anyone - this month anyway) or a self-allocated theme of the 20 worst songs you've ever heard of. There's also nothing stopping you rating the entire lot a 0 if they do that to you.. 

I need to wrack my brain for 20 tunes that I enjoy listening to with enough variety.

There will be some cross-over tunes as some musicians I know are in 4 or 5 bands simultaneously.

On 07/12/2018 at 08:44, the_engineer said:

Just finished listening to your selections, so here's the ratings I give each. I'll put them in spoilers of course so they don't stretch the page.

Spoiler

1)The chosen few - electric wizard: Banging riff. I can't be the only one who hears Iron Man by Black Sabbath in the main riff though, right? 9/10 because I wished for maybe a /little/ more variety with the riffs, but the outro solo is now one of my favorites in doom metal.

2)Anarchy - kmfdm : I absolutely love the industrial, early-nine inch nails style sound, and this band is the absolute embodiment of that. Great song. 10/10

3)The crawl - placebo : I truly agree with you saying the lead vocalist has a unique singing voice. Very eerie sounding song, I love it. The lyrics are really well delivered too. 10/10

4)Enya - boadicea : Quite a unique sound. I hadn't heard too much Enya beforehand, so this got me into listening to more of her stuff, thank you for that! Her vocal harmonies are super beautiful on this track, and make it one of those sad-yet-happy songs. 10/10

5)Lilly chou chou - glide: Really like the sound of this song, and after reading the story of this band, I got really interested in them, but got pretty sad after finding out they were a fictional band and only released one album :( . The string section and that *what keyboard??* at the end especially is really nice. 9/10, a tiny bit repetitive but a nice song outside of that.

6)Kim wilde - you keep me hangin' on: definitely a stronger song than kids in america (I've never liked her version of that song tbh, there's a version by The Muffs which is really decent though). I really like the synthetized trumpet sounds after each couple of lines in the chorus. 8/10 because of some transitions I find kind of awkward (the chorus going into the verse).

7)College and electric youth - a real hero: don't know the story behind the band or song too much, but reminds me of something depeche mode-ish with some indie pop vocals from the 2010s or something. I really like this sound. 10/10 easily.

8)Mass effect 2 - suicide mission: absolutely banging track, always have loved metal video game instrumentals like this. 10/10 easily

9)Pink floyd - comfortably numb: Instant classic, obviously. Also one of the big couple of tracks you always hear when you walk into a guitar/music store being played badly. This track introduced, to a whole new generation, a selection of production techniques including delay/reverb on vocals and slide guitar techniques.
Pink Floyd will always be one of the most legendary bands because of that. And the string section of course, is epic. The guitar solos are some of my favorites of all time. 10/10 song.

10)Rammstein - ich will: One of my favorite foreign bands (among with Die Toten Hosen who I put on my own playlist). Another banging track. My favorite part of the track has always been those two keyboard lines (the main one and then the spooky-sounding one in/after the chorus) 10/10.

11)Radiohead - nude: amazing song by an amazing band.Thom Yorke is truly one of the best vocalists in rock, and in my opinion one of the only people who can properly pull off a track like this. His falsetto is absolutely beautiful and heart wrenching. 10/10 easily.

12)Emma shapplin - spente le stelle - Beautiful voice. I actually listened to a few versions (this and a version by Madina Amin) and both have some of the most soaring operatic voices I've heard. I'm also in love with the backing choir accompyment. Beautiful. Even if it's not my traditional style, 9/10

13)The man who sold the world - midge ure: i thought this composition was incredibly unique to the Bowie version. I especially love the (insert wind instrument that I don't know the name of, sorry) going on, reminds me of Kiss Them for Me by Siouxsie and the Banshees. 10/10. Way better than the Nirvana version, of course!

14)Keep away - godsmack: I should just preface this saying I've never been a huge fan of Godsmack, but I did think this song hit hard anyways. The vocals are still a little unbearable for me, never been a big fan of the Alice In Chains-imitation vocal style (that's what I call it ha). 7/10 however, since I do think that riff bangs.

15)Marilyn manson - the nobodies: I've heard some songs off this album, but not this one. I like Marilyn Manson quite a bit, but always thought he was maybe 2nd or 3rd tier in terms of industrial rock (below artists like Rammstein, Nine Inch Nails etc). I do really like that keyboard part going on in the backgrounds of the song, wish I could find out what that was. 10/10 song for content too!

16)The verve - the drugs don't work: One of my favorite sad songs of all time, great group too. The string section always hits a vulnerable part of me. 10/10

17)Nine inch nails -something i can never have: I am so thankful you requested this song. I heard this song being sang at a coffee house-style jam session my music shop hosted and I could not figure out the name of it for the life of me, but I FOUND IT! Trent's vocals really go well with the beautiful industrial strings, subtle drum loops and keyboards. 10/10

18)Moonlight sonata - beethoven: I -- ho.. wha... how???? Haha! This is a true classic! The absolute speed and versatility left me speechless! Can't say much more. 10/10

19)Renee fleming - auf dem wasser zu singen: basically what I said for Spente le Selle, beautiful, soaring operatic vocals and a great piano accompiement. 10/10

20)The avalanches - frontier psychatrist: Very unique sound, with all those samples. I absolutely love songs like this, that mix samples from different sources to make a completely new song. Now I have "that boy needs therapy" stuck in my head for the week! :D 10/10

• Thanks 1

Well, here’s my song choices for Sir Creep. I’d be interested in which songs you decide to pick: 

1. Fast Car- Tracy Chapman

2. Time is Tight - Booker T and the MG’s

3. Human Music - The Soft Boys

4. Blinded by the Light - Bruce Springsteen 

5. Ways to be Loved - TOPS

6. Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn’t Have) - Buzzcock (RIP Pete Shelley)

7. I Saw The Light - Todd Rundgren 8. Have a Cigar - Pink Floyd

9. Slug Song - The Clean

10. Destination - Felt (yes, it’s a less well known band name Felt, not the one from the 80s)

11. Can’t Forget - Yo La Tengo

12. Synchronicity II - The Police

13. It’s Too Late - Carole King

14. Station to Station - David Bowie

15. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away - The Beatles

16. Round Midnight - Thelonious Monk

17. The Death of Pop - The Rub

18. La Mer (live) - Julio Iglesias

19. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - Solomon Burke 

20. Marquee Moon - Television

13 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Just finished listening to your selections, so here's the ratings I give each. I'll put them in spoilers of course so they don't stretch the page.

Hide contents

1)The chosen few - electric wizard: Banging riff. I can't be the only one who hears Iron Man by Black Sabbath in the main riff though, right? 9/10 because I wished for maybe a /little/ more variety with the riffs, but the outro solo is now one of my favorites in doom metal.

2)Anarchy - kmfdm : I absolutely love the industrial, early-nine inch nails style sound, and this band is the absolute embodiment of that. Great song. 10/10

3)The crawl - placebo : I truly agree with you saying the lead vocalist has a unique singing voice. Very eerie sounding song, I love it. The lyrics are really well delivered too. 10/10

4)Enya - boadicea : Quite a unique sound. I hadn't heard too much Enya beforehand, so this got me into listening to more of her stuff, thank you for that! Her vocal harmonies are super beautiful on this track, and make it one of those sad-yet-happy songs. 10/10

5)Lilly chou chou - glide: Really like the sound of this song, and after reading the story of this band, I got really interested in them, but got pretty sad after finding out they were a fictional band and only released one album :( . The string section and that *what keyboard??* at the end especially is really nice. 9/10, a tiny bit repetitive but a nice song outside of that.

6)Kim wilde - you keep me hangin' on: definitely a stronger song than kids in america (I've never liked her version of that song tbh, there's a version by The Muffs which is really decent though). I really like the synthetized trumpet sounds after each couple of lines in the chorus. 8/10 because of some transitions I find kind of awkward (the chorus going into the verse).

7)College and electric youth - a real hero: don't know the story behind the band or song too much, but reminds me of something depeche mode-ish with some indie pop vocals from the 2010s or something. I really like this sound. 10/10 easily.

8)Mass effect 2 - suicide mission: absolutely banging track, always have loved metal video game instrumentals like this. 10/10 easily

9)Pink floyd - comfortably numb: Instant classic, obviously. Also one of the big couple of tracks you always hear when you walk into a guitar/music store being played badly. This track introduced, to a whole new generation, a selection of production techniques including delay/reverb on vocals and slide guitar techniques.
Pink Floyd will always be one of the most legendary bands because of that. And the string section of course, is epic. The guitar solos are some of my favorites of all time. 10/10 song.

10)Rammstein - ich will: One of my favorite foreign bands (among with Die Toten Hosen who I put on my own playlist). Another banging track. My favorite part of the track has always been those two keyboard lines (the main one and then the spooky-sounding one in/after the chorus) 10/10.

11)Radiohead - nude: amazing song by an amazing band.Thom Yorke is truly one of the best vocalists in rock, and in my opinion one of the only people who can properly pull off a track like this. His falsetto is absolutely beautiful and heart wrenching. 10/10 easily.

12)Emma shapplin - spente le stelle - Beautiful voice. I actually listened to a few versions (this and a version by Madina Amin) and both have some of the most soaring operatic voices I've heard. I'm also in love with the backing choir accompyment. Beautiful. Even if it's not my traditional style, 9/10

13)The man who sold the world - midge ure: i thought this composition was incredibly unique to the Bowie version. I especially love the (insert wind instrument that I don't know the name of, sorry) going on, reminds me of Kiss Them for Me by Siouxsie and the Banshees. 10/10. Way better than the Nirvana version, of course!

14)Keep away - godsmack: I should just preface this saying I've never been a huge fan of Godsmack, but I did think this song hit hard anyways. The vocals are still a little unbearable for me, never been a big fan of the Alice In Chains-imitation vocal style (that's what I call it ha). 7/10 however, since I do think that riff bangs.

15)Marilyn manson - the nobodies: I've heard some songs off this album, but not this one. I like Marilyn Manson quite a bit, but always thought he was maybe 2nd or 3rd tier in terms of industrial rock (below artists like Rammstein, Nine Inch Nails etc). I do really like that keyboard part going on in the backgrounds of the song, wish I could find out what that was. 10/10 song for content too!

16)The verve - the drugs don't work: One of my favorite sad songs of all time, great group too. The string section always hits a vulnerable part of me. 10/10

17)Nine inch nails -something i can never have: I am so thankful you requested this song. I heard this song being sang at a coffee house-style jam session my music shop hosted and I could not figure out the name of it for the life of me, but I FOUND IT! Trent's vocals really go well with the beautiful industrial strings, subtle drum loops and keyboards. 10/10

18)Moonlight sonata - beethoven: I -- ho.. wha... how???? Haha! This is a true classic! The absolute speed and versatility left me speechless! Can't say much more. 10/10

19)Renee fleming - auf dem wasser zu singen: basically what I said for Spente le Selle, beautiful, soaring operatic vocals and a great piano accompiement. 10/10

20)The avalanches - frontier psychatrist: Very unique sound, with all those samples. I absolutely love songs like this, that mix samples from different sources to make a completely new song. Now I have "that boy needs therapy" stuck in my head for the week! :D 10/10

Awesome man. I love sharing music I like sometimes my taste in music ain't for everyone,but glad you liked them. You might  be able to tell I grew up in the 90s with those selections aswell :D.Listening to yours and loving these songs so far. Currently done 8 write ups. 

• Like 1

On 08/12/2018 at 23:58, FixedBusiness said:

Reveal hidden contents

Here's mine FB found some great songs.You have great taste in music.

1) Here To Mars - Coheed And Cambria: Never heard of this band before but really love the way they change the tempo in this song.Enjoyed it! Also like their tribute to 2001 a space oddessy in their MV:D 8/10

2)Incinerate - Sonic Youth: Love the riff in this song some of the solo guitar riffs aswell were awesome. Going to be listening and checking out more from this band. Pink stream already is a song i'm listening too.   9/10

3)Bad Romance - Halestorm : I love halestorm Lzzy has a great voice.Let's be honest much better than lady gaga's version. this song and mayhem are my favourites  10/10

4)Beautiful Tragedy - In This Moment: Had a very 90s feel to it this song. I did like the change to heavy metal around 2.30 mins in the song should of had more of that but I imagine that isn't for everyone 8/10

5)stare at the sun  - thrice: liked the lyrics in this one and it had a lot of energy 8/10

6)Killing The Moon - Echo And The Bunnymen: Such a great song and one of the one i knew beforehand, very haunting feel to it .  10/10

7)sweet sacrifice - evanescence: I had a crush on amy lee when Evanescence first got well known. But hadn't listened to them in a long while . A good song but I think they set their standards high with bring me to life, my immortal,haunted etc. I do like this song Amy's voice is great very powerful and the great thing about Amy's voice i always felt is the lyrics are easily heard.  8/10

8)The Tragically Hip - The Depression Suite: Gord Downie reminds me of michael stipe and he looks a bit like him too but in many was he's completely different. He has left a great body of work and was a very passionate performer. This song had so much energy and i liked this song the more it went on the song was telling a story and is love that. 9/10

9)Time Stand Still - Rush: I watched the MV as i listened to this song. He looks a but like john lennon in it. I loved the female voice in this song. I've never heard of this band before but this song has me interested 9/10

10)Psychopomp - The Tea Party: I hadn't heard this song before but it's probably one of my favourites on your list,and is going straight on my music list. The guys voice is as powerful at the start when he's almost speaking the words as it is at the end when the song really picks up.10/10

11)Afternoons And Coffeespoons- Crash Test Dummies : I sometimes i wear PJs in the daytime and now i feel old :D but this song was great so song 90s but that's a great thing.10/10

12)Clumsy - Our Lady Peace: starts slowly but really liked it as the song as it picked up 8/10

13)Emarosa - Pretend Relive Regret:  Love the chorus to this song love the 'takes a while part'9/10

14) Hier kommt Alex - Die toten hosen: I'll he honest i love a great deal of german music. Something about the german voice that's perfect for rock and this is my type of song  10/10

15) The way it ends - prototype: Love it and another song that's going onto my music list, guitar work is awesome and just my type of song 10/10

16) Reason to believe - arch enemy: electric guitar riffs in this are great and the womans voice is very strong love it. 9/10

17)Loss of control - van halen: I've heard of van halen before but this is the first song i've heard by them and look forward to listening to more of their songs 9/10

18)little sister - Queens of the stone age: The only other QOTSA song i've heard before this were 'no one knows' and i do prefer that song but this is a great song. Some of the solo riffs at the end and the last 20 seconds are the best part of the song for me 8/10

19) Fat girl - steel panther: This song made me laugh in a good way, some of the lyrics are stuck in my heard now :D9/10

20) Wolf like me - TV on the radio:  This has a great beat and love the change of pace almost sounds like gospel during the middle and the final change of pace was great 9/10
  • Like 1

I’m still waiting for @Sir Creep to have his song list up so I can review it. :( 

Here's mine FB found some great songs.You have great taste in music.

Glad i could help find some great songs. I really do reccomend listening to more of The Tea Party btw, very unique band! also, about the evanescence song. Amy Lee from Evanescence aswell as Alissa White Gluz from arch enemy are my celebrity crushes.

thanks for complimenting my music taste as well!

• Like 1