Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Sister Lucia

"You remind me much of Saint Thomas"

Yes, I suppose I do remind you of him.

maybe you need to actually touch Christs wounds to believe......

Eileen

Urgh! I'd rather not. You should get a doctor to do that kind of stuff.

Okay, well i spoke to someone about the filming of the "dancing of the Sun" and he said that he knows of know known copy. This guy is a reliable source, however i am still looking into it because he said that there could be footage, just not that he knows of. i am going to contact this guy from something called the "Catholic Foundation". The man who runs it is an expert on Marian Apparitions. He should know if there is anything at all. So the answer is "no" for right now. Also, I am still looking up that stuffa bout the effects on the world because of the "dancing".

Eileen

"I will spend my Heaven doing good upon earth" Saint Therese @~~

The man who runs it is an expert on Marian Apparitions

He must have it maid!

Maid.....Marian.....work it out for yourselves..........

Okay, well i spoke to someone about the filming of the "dancing of the Sun" and he said that he knows of know (sic) known copy.

Actually, there is some truth in the sun getting the wobbles from time to time.

Here's an extract from the NASA site:

"Jupiter's gravity does make the Sun "wobble" back and forth as the big planet revolves around it. Remember that Jupiter has 99% of the non-solar mass in our solar system, so none of the other planets produce much of an effect. This type of wobbling is what allows astronomers to detect possible large planets circling nearby stars. "

....but can hardly be said to be dancing.

I should know the difference, I wobble on the dance floor, but I don't dance.

ugh....no not wobbling....Dancing...how would you then explain the fact that it was pouring rain that day and the people were soaked....There was mud everywhere...How do you explain the fact that in the 12 minutes the sun "danced" everyone's clothes were dry, and the ground all dry.......also i would like to tell you that i made a mistake in the number of people that witnessed the secene that day...there were 70,000. 100,000 people go to Fatima a year.

there is a web-site i think you should read...down at the bottom

Terminator.....do you like Albert Einstein? I think the quote at the top of the page fits you quite nicely....

Eileen

" Do you wish to offer yourselves to God, to endure all the suffering that He may please to send you, as an act of reparation for the sins by which He is offended, and to ask for the conversion of sinners?" Mary, Queen of Heaven

I DO

MARIAN....FATIMA

ugh....no not wobbling....Dancing...how would you then explain the fact that it was pouring rain that day and the people were soaked....There was mud everywhere...How do you explain the fact that in the 12 minutes the sun "danced" everyone's clothes were dry, and the ground all dry.......also i would like to tell you that i made a mistake in the number of people that witnessed the secene that day...there were 70,000.  100,000 people go to Fatima a year. 

there is a web-site i think you should read...down at the bottom

Terminator.....do you like Albert Einstein?  I think the quote at the top of the page fits you quite nicely....

Eileen

" Do you wish to offer yourselves to God, to endure all the suffering that He may please to send you, as an act of reparation for the sins by which He is offended, and to ask for the conversion of sinners?" Mary, Queen of Heaven

I DO

MARIAN....FATIMA

Perhaps you should do a school project on mass hysteria (very common among ill-educated - and those willing to accept anything as a religious portent - people over the centuries).

No, Einstein doesn't rock my boat. However, I do respect his dedication and persistence in developing his theories. After all, it was Einstein that gave us our most precious commodity......nuclear armaments.

I couldn't identify the quote that suits me....unless, of course, it was along the lines of "God in human form".

wow, nothing moves you. I hope that you at least read that whole site. (oh yes if you do read the site and there is nothing on the third secret it is because the site was made before it was revealed...the secret is, a pope would be shot) Yes I am not that bright...I know i am not...God did not bless me with that quality...however He was VERY kind to me....when i was absorbed in my evil ways, he spoke to me the wonders of His love. Thank God...I never knew it was possible that I could be LOVED so much. He loves you the same way....even if you do not care, He will always love you. You may be blessed in this life to find that out, or you may have to wait till you die to see what you have missed while living. So in closing i would like to tell you that when you are in your deepest darkest pit of dispear, and there is nothing you can do....I ask one thing of you...maybe you should consider saying..."you know God, I know I don't get you all the time, and i have completely not even acknowleged your exsistence, but i am having a really difficult time right now. Would You be so kind to help me out?" If you do that in a serious matter, and put faith in what you say...you will be answered. Not a day goes by where I am not answered. YOu can quote me all you like...you can say "i don't care"....but in reality that day will come....don't worry...no one has to know that you pray....because then you mught get ridiculed...like me, and who wants that. the easy thing for me to do would be to just not believe cause then i would fit in with everyone....but i chose the happier way...the holier way...the TRUTH.

Eileen

"A vision of the reality of hell, previously described, which so horrified the visionaries that they willingly took on every penance and mortification they could imagine, if it could only prevent souls from going there. Mary said to them, "You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart." Mary-Praying to Her will get you closer to Christ...there is no DOUBT in that.

how would you then explain the fact that it was pouring rain that day and the people were soaked....There was mud everywhere...How do you explain the fact that in the 12 minutes the sun "danced" everyone's clothes were dry, and the ground all dry

Maybe it stopped raining? :blink:

when i was absorbed in my evil ways

Taken a little out of context perhaps, but is there any more detail?

how would you then explain the fact that it was pouring rain that day and the people were soaked....There was mud everywhere...How do you explain the fact that in the 12 minutes the sun "danced" everyone's clothes were dry, and the ground all dry

Maybe it stopped raining? :blink:

and maybe the sun dried their clothes :pop:

wow, nothing moves you.  I hope that you at least read that whole site. (oh yes if you do read the site and there is nothing on the third secret it is because the site was made before it was revealed...the secret is, a pope would be shot) Yes I am not that bright...I know i am not...God did not bless me with that quality...however He was VERY kind to me....when i was absorbed in my evil ways, he spoke to me the wonders of His love.  Thank God...I never knew it was possible that I could be LOVED so much.  He loves you the same way....even if you do not care, He will always love you.  You may be blessed in this life to find that out, or you may have to wait till you die to see what you have missed while living.  So in closing i would like to tell you that when you are in your deepest darkest pit of dispear, and there is nothing you can do....I ask one thing of you...maybe you should consider saying..."you know God, I know I don't get you all the time, and i have completely not even acknowleged your exsistence, but i am having a really difficult time right now.  Would You be so kind to help me out?"  If you do that in a serious matter, and put faith in what you say...you will be answered.  Not a day goes by where I am not answered.  YOu can quote me all you like...you can say "i don't care"....but in reality that day will come....don't worry...no one has to know that you pray....because then you mught get ridiculed...like me, and who wants that.  the easy thing for me to do would be to just not believe cause then i would fit in with everyone....but i chose the happier way...the holier way...the TRUTH.

Eileen

"A vision of the reality of hell, previously described, which so horrified the visionaries that they willingly took on every penance and mortification they could imagine, if it could only prevent souls from going there. Mary said to them, "You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart."  Mary-Praying to Her will get you closer to Christ...there is no DOUBT in that.

Yes, well.......keep taking the tablets. :blink:

Anyhow, who would want to shoot the pope (give or take half the world's population, that is)? So it would not be beyond the bounds of possibility that some unnamed pope in some future year may end up being shot. The prophecy is then fulfilled. But what does that prove? Nothing.

After a boozing session, I have witnessed many things wobbling (mainly me) and I could blurt out some nonsense (as I do) about some Prime Minister (not necessarily ours) being assassinated. It is likely that, in the fullness of time, this vague statement will occur. But, ultimately, it's meaningless.

Nothing moves me? A vindaloo will do the trick! :pop:

well that would explain why the pope got shot on the feast Day of Our lady of Fatima.MAY 13th....hmmm. also wonder why no other pope was shot before him...they were more vunerable to being shot because there wasn't as much protection...

hmmm?

Eileen

"i will spend my heaven doing good upon earth" sainth therese @~~

After a boozing session, I could blurt out some nonsense (as I do) about some Prime Minister (not necessarily ours) being assassinated.

You're nicked.

To the Reverend Sister

Maria Lucia

of the Convent of Coimbra

In the great joy of Easter, I greet you with the words the Risen Jesus spoke to the disciples: “Peace be with you”!

I will be happy to be able to meet you on the long-awaited day of the Beatification of Francisco and Jacinta, which, please God, I will celebrate on 13 May of this year.

Since on that day there will be time only for a brief greeting and not a conversation, I am sending His Excellency Archbishop Tarcisio Bertone, Secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, to speak with you. This is the Congregation which works most closely with the Pope in defending the true Catholic faith, and which since 1957, as you know, has kept your hand-written letter containing the third part of the “secret” revealed on 13 July 1917 at Cova da Iria, Fatima.

Archbishop Bertone, accompanied by the Bishop of Leiria, His Excellency Bishop Serafim de Sousa Ferreira e Silva, will come in my name to ask certain questions about the interpretation of “the third part of the secret”.

Sister Maria Lucia, you may speak openly and candidly to Archbishop Bertone, who will report your answers directly to me.

I pray fervently to the Mother of the Risen Lord for you, Reverend Sister, for the Community of Coimbra and for the whole Church. May Mary, Mother of pilgrim humanity, keep us always united to Jesus, her beloved Son and our brother, the Lord of life and glory.

With my special Apostolic Blessing.

IOANNES PAULUS PP. II

From the Vatican, 19 April 2000.

CONVERSATION

WITH SISTER MARIA LUCIA OF JESUS

AND THE IMMACULATE HEART

The meeting between Sister Lucia, Archbishop Tarcisio Bertone, Secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, sent by the Holy Father, and Bishop Serafim de Sousa Ferreira e Silva, Bishop of Leiria-Fatima, took place on Thursday, 27 April 2000, in the Carmel of Saint Teresa in Coimbra.

Sister Lucia was lucid and at ease; she was very happy that the Holy Father was going to Fatima for the Beatification of Francisco and Jacinta, something she had looked forward to for a long time.

The Bishop of Leiria-Fatima read the autograph letter of the Holy Father, which explained the reasons for the visit. Sister Lucia felt honoured by this and reread the letter herself, contemplating it in own her hands. She said that she was prepared to answer all questions frankly.

At this point, Archbishop Bertone presented two envelopes to her: the first containing the second, which held the third part of the “secret” of Fatima. Immediately, touching it with her fingers, she said: “This is my letter”, and then while reading it: “This is my writing”.

The original text, in Portuguese, was read and interpreted with the help of the Bishop of Leiria-Fatima. Sister Lucia agreed with the interpretation that the third part of the “secret” was a prophetic vision, similar to those in sacred history. She repeated her conviction that the vision of Fatima concerns above all the struggle of atheistic Communism against the Church and against Christians, and describes the terrible sufferings of the victims of the faith in the twentieth century.

When asked: “Is the principal figure in the vision the Pope?”, Sister Lucia replied at once that it was. She recalled that the three children were very sad about the suffering of the Pope, and that Jacinta kept saying: “Coitadinho do Santo Padre, tenho muita pena dos pecadores!” (“Poor Holy Father, I am very sad for sinners!”). Sister Lucia continued: “We did not know the name of the Pope; Our Lady did not tell us the name of the Pope; we did not know whether it was Benedict XV or Pius XII or Paul VI or John Paul II; but it was the Pope who was suffering and that made us suffer too”.

As regards the passage about the Bishop dressed in white, that is, the Holy Father—as the children immediately realized during the “vision”—who is struck dead and falls to the ground, Sister Lucia was in full agreement with the Pope's claim that “it was a mother's hand that guided the bullet's path and in his throes the Pope halted at the threshold of death” (Pope John Paul II, Meditation from the Policlinico Gemelli to the Italian Bishops, 13 May 1994).

Before giving the sealed envelope containing the third part of the “secret” to the then Bishop of Leiria-Fatima, Sister Lucia wrote on the outside envelope that it could be opened only after 1960, either by the Patriarch of Lisbon or the Bishop of Leiria. Archbishop Bertone therefore asked: “Why only after 1960? Was it Our Lady who fixed that date?” Sister Lucia replied: “It was not Our Lady. I fixed the date because I had the intuition that before 1960 it would not be understood, but that only later would it be understood. Now it can be better understood. I wrote down what I saw; however it was not for me to interpret it, but for the Pope.

Finally, mention was made of the unpublished manuscript which Sister Lucia has prepared as a reply to the many letters that come from Marian devotees and from pilgrims. The work is called Os apelos da Mensagem de Fatima, and it gathers together in the style of catechesis and exhortation thoughts and reflections which express Sister Lucia's feelings and her clear and unaffected spirituality. She was asked if she would be happy to have it published, and she replied: “If the Holy Father agrees, then I am happy, otherwise I obey whatever the Holy Father decides”. Sister Lucia wants to present the text for ecclesiastical approval, and she hopes that what she has written will help to guide men and women of good will along the path that leads to God, the final goal of every human longing.The conversation ends with an exchange of rosaries. Sister Lucia is given a rosary sent by the Holy Father, and she in turn offers a number of rosaries made by herself.

The meeting concludes with the blessing imparted in the name of the Holy Father.

Eileen

I will spend my Heaven doing good upon earth" Saint Therese @~~

Lucia

Guest basilisk

Why is it that more often than not "Catholics" I come across whether on the internet or whereever drive me crazy???

Just wondering.

The man who runs it is an expert on Marian Apparitions

He must have it maid!

Maid.....Marian.....work it out for yourselves..........

You're quite a merry man.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I couldn't be bothered to read that big long post from Eileen.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I couldn't be bothered to read that big long post from Eileen.

I think Eileen's getting sloppy. Cut and paste won't convert non-believers. :blink:

Guest abucs

The light wasn't reported as just wobbling, it was reported as moving all over the sky and changing colours.

The journalists did have crude cameras and took pictures. The pictures are mainly of the crowds looking at the event. I would have thought pointing a crude black and white camera at a strong moving light may not give you such a good picture anyway.

There was no moving film that i know of that was taken that day. I'd expect that it was not a universally used medium at the time.

Sure if God exists and wanted to give us irrefutable proof he exists then i'm sure he could arrange it. He either doesn't exist, or wants us to come to him via faith and prayer. People take their pick. It's your choice.

i think something happened that day in Fatima. It's either fraud, mass hysteria or an apparition. I go for the latter but it's your choice what to think.

The light wasn't reported as just wobbling, it was reported as moving all over the sky and changing colours.

The journalists did have crude cameras and took pictures.  The pictures are mainly of the crowds looking at the event.  I would have thought pointing a crude black and white camera at a strong moving light may not give you such a good picture anyway. 

There was no moving film that i know of that was taken that day.  I'd expect that it was not a universally used medium at the time.

Sure if God exists and wanted to give us irrefutable proof he exists then i'm sure he could arrange it.  He either doesn't exist, or wants us to come to him via faith and prayer.  People take their pick.  It's your choice.

i think something happened that day in Fatima.  It's either fraud, mass hysteria or an apparition.  I go for the latter but it's your choice what to think.

I think we all know that the lights were UFOs and the witnesses mistook a large mothership as the wobbling sun.

Obviously, this is an early scouting foray before the upcoming invasion.

The End

Sorted!