Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2019

87983581-5150-4702-981F-A0492D9541B4.gif.179087b23cc5b5435b926593faf8b20f.gif

• Like 1

I'm considering submitting a theme team called "People That Normal People Have Actually Heard Of".

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

An immense undertaking - as always I salute your insanity and willingness as I busily compile the masterlist for the modest Deathrace (currenly comprised of picks from three teams)

• Like 2

Very best of luck with this @Spade_Cooley.

My entry should be with you in less than a couple of weeks. ;)

• Like 1

As a subtitle I'd suggest "the year Le Duc Anh will score".

I hope to try this this year!

I didn't know everybody can send up to three teams for submission. So that can be 60 different people? Whoa!

• Like 1

The theme team of Peace, Drugs, and Death have been submitted to the DDP for the second year in a row. Some minor adjustments as Joan Baez, Jane Fonda, and Gloria Steinem replaces Peter Coyote, Todd Gitlin, and Mark Rudd, but otherwise it’s the same as last year. Will be wondering if my theme team will get the big fat 0 for the third time in a row next year...

I don’t post on here very often but I have already submitted my regular squad and theme team for 2019. I am currently tied for 58th place in 2018 which would be my best ever showing.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

The theme team of Peace, Drugs, and Death have been submitted to the DDP for the second year in a row. Some minor adjustments as Joan Baez, Jane Fonda, and Gloria Steinem replaces Peter Coyote, Todd Gitlin, and Mark Rudd, but otherwise it’s the same as last year. Will be wondering if my theme team will get the big fat 0 for the third time in a row next year...

Aye, well...

Peace and drugs are tempting to the point they'd all want to stick around. Baez was never that bad a druggie, she might well see some youngers pretenders out of the game.

Entries are coming in at a nice speed. Nothing to match the weirdness of last year when Pat Cooper was in two of the first three teams submitted and none of the remaining 500.

My three teams have gone in for usual mid table mediocrity. Might have almost made the Theme team top 10 this year but David Fisher didn't obit.

As with last year, I've submitted my sole entry, a theme team, early and posted it here so nobody accuses me of cheating. 

Passing

(a team of trans, genderfluid et al individuals)

Genesis P-Orridge
Kate Bornstein
April Ashley
Christine Hallquist
Renee Richards
Rachel Pollack
Poppy Z. Brite
George Schappell
Jayne County
Mykki Blanco
Marie France
Dominick Evans
Miriam Rivera
Jan Morris
Sir Lady Java
Janae Kroc
Sasha Hostyn
Yi Ling
Chelsea Manning
Marie-Pierre Pruvot
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My three teams have gone in for usual mid table mediocrity. Might have almost made the Theme team top 10 this year but David Fisher didn't obit.

I feel your pain. I'd have made second in the Theme Team last year had  old Cyril Frankel got his obit.

• Sad 1

Submitted my NFL theme team Traded to the Saints and my Z-team Belmont-Cragin Reaper yesterday afternoon, and already got confirmation this morning. Thanks Spade!

Z-Team: a shitty team, way worse than a B-Team, consisting of names I want to protect from the List of the Missed, some of my 2018 theme team survivors, etc. There - I invented a new word for the DDP vocabulary!

• Like 1

I tried to ask Spade an important question via PM and it’s full as of right now? Is it possible for you to clear some of your messages? Thanks. :) 

How on earth are people submitting so early?

I get the feeling I've left my last minute research to...well..the last minute. And there's 20 days to go. :lol:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Submitted my NFL theme team Traded to the Saints and my Z-team Belmont-Cragin Reaper yesterday afternoon, and already got confirmation this morning. Thanks Spade!

Z-Team: a shitty team, way worse than a B-Team, consisting of names I want to protect from the List of the Missed, some of my 2018 theme team survivors, etc. There - I invented a new word for the DDP vocabulary!

Hey.... leave my Saints alone or I may have to ask you to step outside young man.

• Haha 1

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 08:02, Spade_Cooley said:

Is officially open for business. Emails appear to be very slow sending out, if you haven't received one by, idk, tomorrow, let me know.

Still hoping my 2018 Theme Team  "Syndication Zombies" gets added to the scoring grid before the year is out.  3 hits and 15 points I am very proud of. 

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I tried to ask Spade an important question via PM and it’s full as of right now? Is it possible for you to clear some of your messages? Thanks. :) 

Done.

2 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

Still hoping my 2018 Theme Team  "Syndication Zombies" gets added to the scoring grid before the year is out.  3 hits and 15 points I am very proud of. 

Thanks for the reminder, will do this tonight (maybe).

10 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

How on earth are people submitting so early?

I get the feeling I've left my last minute research to...well..the last minute. And there's 20 days to go. :lol:

My team evolve during the year and I always include subs. Also i do not include FFBI types

• Like 2

One quick question - can the same name appear in more than one of my three teams?

26 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

One quick question - can the same name appear in more than one of my three teams?

Yes, the same name can appear on more than one of your three teams...

• Like 1