Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2019

Still working on my list, wondering whether to play someone local as my joker. They’re not very notable at the moment, but could be next year. 

I'm in!

Three teams submitted! It's going to be a worrying 19 days....;)

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, I won’t even begin looking at this for a week yet lol you people are something else.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2018 at 22:34, Sir Creep said:

Jesus Christ, I won’t even begin looking at this for a week yet lol you people are something else.

Yea I seriously don't understand why people are submitting so early? I guess just eagerness.

A lot of the early entries are theme teams and the long-term-but-casual players. Don't really expect to see any patterns emerge in terms of most popular picks until my true love brings five gold rings.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Theme teams yeah I get that.  Hell I only lost one from Gris Gris, I could add a name and be done with it.  
You turn in your main DDP team before the second week of December, you're taking 'casual' player to a new level imho. 

Can't believe it's taken until 2019 for someone to submit a theme team theme team.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Can't believe it's taken until 2019 for someone to submit a theme team theme team.

I can't think what that would be?

*perplexed*

No doubt in the fullness of time...

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:14, YoungWillz said:

I can't think what that would be?

*perplexed*

No doubt in the fullness of time...

Best guess would be jokers or unique celebs from  previous teams.

I've just submitted mine, three theme teams, two the same from last year, one different but which I can't believe I haven't done before. 

• Like 1

Team Gris Gris submitted.

Slight more effort this year...and I eliminated a couple names that were just nicknames and not definitely used 100% of the time, e.g. Hal Halvorson...who at 98 yrs old was painful to watch leave us.  U.E. ‘Pat’ Patrick stays though, he’s about the only one.  He doesn’t go by any other name.  Well, it’s my criteria I guess.

SirC

On 14/12/2018 at 17:59, Spade_Cooley said:

Presumably people on other people's theme teams in 2018 being the theme? Could scupper a few guaranteed uniques.

Torn as to whether to have another go at Shot in the Dark or turn in a second theme team instead? It was intended to be filler til I had another theme team idea after I realised there was two many 100-year-old teams but I quite like the fact it did better than my actual theme team - which remind me it's time to start scouring the Coirrie wikipedia for obscure names who might actually die rather than just the big names who seem increasingly immortal- so it might stay....

Way past 100 entries already, a definite increase on last year. Quick question: is anyone here a full-blown expert on MS Access, in case things go massively south? As it looks like T-Mib has spurned this place for good, I may need to ask questions on January 2nd.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Way past 100 entries already, a definite increase on last year. Quick question: is anyone here a full-blown expert on MS Access, in case things go massively south? As it looks like T-Mib has spurned this place for good, I may need to ask questions on January 2nd.

@Cat O'Falk is nerdy enough to work for data/IT company maybe? And @Bibliogryphon is probably somewhat knowledge enough given all the time he spends ferrying top secret data around the world every couple of months for MI6- at least that's what I imagine he does for a living? :P

Sorry, in all honesty, I'm of no use on this matter, couldn't resist the jokes. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deathray said:

@Cat O'Falk is nerdy enough to work for data/IT company maybe? And @Bibliogryphon is probably somewhat knowledge enough given all the time he spends ferrying top secret data around the world every couple of months for MI6- at least that's what I imagine he does for a living? :P

Sorry, in all honesty, I'm of no use on this matter, couldn't resist the jokes. 

I am a Chemist. My IT skills are only sufficient to keep track of the Scavenger Hunt lists. As for my jet-setting life style......

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:22, Spade_Cooley said:

As with last year, I've submitted my sole entry, a theme team, early and posted it here so nobody accuses me of cheating. 

Passing

(a team of trans, genderfluid et al individuals)

Genesis P-Orridge
Kate Bornstein
April Ashley
Christine Hallquist
Renee Richards
Rachel Pollack
Poppy Z. Brite
George Schappell
Jayne County
Mykki Blanco
Marie France
Dominick Evans
Miriam Rivera
Jan Morris
Sir Lady Java
Janae Kroc
Sasha Hostyn
Yi Ling
Chelsea Manning
Marie-Pierre Pruvot

Is this the first time one conjoined twin has been chosen without the other?

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am a Chemist. My IT skills are only sufficient to keep track of the Scavenger Hunt lists. As for my jet-setting life style......

Really? If you can say it, for which company do you work? Sigma-Aldrich? I promise I won't compromise your job...

13 hours ago, drol said:

Really? If you can say it, for which company do you work? Sigma-Aldrich? I promise I won't compromise your job...

I work as a Technical Manager for an RTO. I started out in their analytical laboratories.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Handrejka said:

Is this the first time one conjoined twin has been chosen without the other?

Must be. I'm a big fan of how the Schappells, similar to the Kray twins, consist of one person with about 50 gimmicks (transgendered country musician, gay Barbra Windsor banger) and another one who is a boring as ditchwater. 

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, drol said:
On 20/12/2018 at 08:44, Bibliogryphon said:

LOL reminds me of a good 18 years ago I was working for the now defunct Arthur Andersen LLC and at an extended family Christmas party I met the daughter of my uncle's best friend, who worked at Deloitte and Touche, which of course I unfiltered blurted out 'oh, Toilet and Douche' (which is what we called the competitor).  She gave me the fuck you look and pretty much I was shunned.
SC

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I work as a Technical Manager for an RTO. I started out in their analytical laboratories.

I don't directly work for any Chemicals company, but have collaborated with some of them. Sigma-Aldrich is a great company, but lesser known Carl Roth is also good. 

*Ok, now you can stop pointing that gun at my head, mr. Roth*

• Like 1

Sent an ALS theme team over, my other probably be sent around 27th. 

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

Sent an ALS theme team over, my other probably be sent around 27th. 

Currently pondering sending in my ALS theme team now ...

1 hour ago, Banana said:

I suspect around 66% to 75% of our team will be the same. It's easy finding 10 extremely hard finding 20.Well it was for me.

15 hours ago, Banana said:

Huh....my idea coming to fruition.  Well best of luck with that -- not sure how you found 20 worthwhile names but can't wait to see!