3. John Andretti
  4. Bruce Anstey
  5. Sonali Bendre
  6. Kathleen Blanco
  7. Leah Bracknell
  8. Billy Clayton
  9. Noel Conway
  10. Christy Dignam
  11. Tony Drewitt-Barlow (given 18 months to live 9 months ago) *correction: 11 months ago
  12. Darren Easton
  13. Natasha England (somehow ended up being a unique pick, has "year-to-live" with terminal cancer)
  14. DeWayne Johnson
  15. Lee Kerslake
  16. Steffan Lewis (obit punt)
  17. Manohar Parrikar (obit punt)
  18. Fernando Ricksen
  19. Arash Sadeghi
  20. Marieke Vervoort

Made some pretty bad decisions that I'm disappointed in myself with, mainly not including Andrew Fairlie. I focused more-so on him having battled the cancer since 2005 so felt that he could still probably last year, but missed the fact that he ceased treatment. Also thought he was too obscure to be D40, but I guess not. Huge miss on my part.

20 minutes ago, Banana said:

I guess it's time to post my main team

Banana's Peel Slippers

Tony Drewitt-Barlow (given 18 months to live 9 months ago)

Total fraud.

Natasha England (somehow ended up being a unique pick, has "year-to-live" with terminal cancer)

How do you fucking know that?

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Total fraud.

Well, remains to be seen

5 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Natasha England (somehow ended up being a unique pick, has "year-to-live" with terminal cancer)

How do you fucking know that?

Doesn't take a genius to change a single character in a web address

• Haha 2

^^^was waiting to see how long until someone caught that.

So all that's left to do is change 84 celebrities' ID codes so they stop appearing out of alphabetical order, and readd team descriptions. And quintuple-check for 2018 deaths that have slipped through. This is the home straight.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Banana said:

Well done!

*runs off to have a swatch and update my favourites*

12 minutes ago, Banana said:

Didn't realize Derby Dead Pool had more than one address. Google takes me to one link, smart ass.
http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/  There's the link.  Which character would you have me change?  LOL  LMAO  maybe 'uk'?  take away a w? lol
I doubt the webpage would launch without @Spade_Cooley letting someone know.  

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Didn't realize Derby Dead Pool had more than one address. Google takes me to one link, smart ass.
http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/  There's the link.  Which character would you have me change?  LOL  LMAO  maybe 'uk'?  take away a w? lol
I doubt the webpage would launch without @Spade_Cooley letting someone know.  

Thank you for doubling down on your stupidity

You may be a little on the older side so your cognition may not be what it used to be so I'll spell it out for ya

Step 1: go to the page where you'd be able to see all picks

Step 2: do as I previously mentioned

Step 3: Ta-da!

And since I'm in such a good mood (and since Spade doesn't seem to have much issue with it) here's the link

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2019/teams.html

• Like 2

Nooooooo, Roberta Flack has lost her unique status!

Damn her well publicised illness early 2018! Actually thought more would pick her tbh....;)

Thought Bob Hawke might have made the Drop 40, but seems a reasonable way off in the end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heef said:

Thought Bob Hawke might have made the Drop 40, but seems a reasonable way off in the end.

He probably would have had the news not come so late in the year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Heef said:

Wasn’t that far off actually, only 5 names off from the list. Had his illness been announced a little earlier, he probably would’ve made it.

48 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

^^^was waiting to see how long until someone caught that.

So all that's left to do is change 84 celebrities' ID codes so they stop appearing out of alphabetical order, and readd team descriptions. And quintuple-check for 2018 deaths that have slipped through. This is the home straight.

Two OJ Brigance entries need to be merged. Unless there are two. Might be.

Promise I won't do any more, I understand it's a work in progress.

Three unique picks; Dean Hoyle, Amer Deghayes and Kate Figes  (even if the first one was a bit, ahem, inspired). 

Mrs DDT keeping faith in Anthea Turner, another unique pick, to do the business this year.  

Colin Baddiel a unique.That is a surprise.Not surprised I got Eugenia Cooney as a unique pick.

Surprised Jordan Dawes only picked by 3 teams.

I thought Maryport at least would bag Baddiel senior.

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

A few dead folk I've spotted on DDP teams:

Girma Wolde-Giorgis

Jael Strauss

Nancy Roman

Dorothy Morrison (died 2017, became known early this year)

Ann Gillis

(only mentioning the deaths as it's on your pre-release to-do list, I'll be refraining from other observations/error notices until after the official unveiling)

ETA Edward Simons Fuller is another dead one, from the end of 2017. Found this one by fluke as the name weren't familiar to me so I Wiki'd him out of curiosity.

Yeah a few of us noticed last night that you could access the teams by replacing ''2018'' in the link with ''2019''. Wanted to keep it quiet so Spade had time to make the final tweaks without a bombardment of complaints, but now that it's public info no big deal.

Quite surprised Jason DeLisle is a unique for me, I guess the absence of Aussie theme teams helped in that regard.

And happy that I'm =5th on the scoreboard, peaking early I guess. :lol: (should be =6th because the team that picked Kevin McIntyre is missing points, but all in due course...)*

*my own addition to the complaint-bombardment :tomatododge:

A random stat, there are an incredible 140 teams on the 2019 roster who have now entered the DDP for ten or more years.  Two teams, one of them @drunkasaskunk, have been at it for over twenty years. :salute:

I didn't count, but there are also many, many teams entering for the eighth or ninth time.  

Very impressive brand loyalty and a level of return business that some websites would kill for. 

• Like 3

Don't fack with my image, you're a down to earth, no nonsense Scottish fisherman.

Away we ye Norse and Gaelic (Mannannnan can't even spell it, nevermind visualise it) bullshyze. The pic wuz gud. But if ye start down the lunatic mystic path, I'm lost.

ETA: Jayzuz. 99 posts between this and what I was replying to and it was only a few hours ago. Fack it, figure it out for yourselves.

• Haha 3

A few uniques on my theme team including one suggested as a possible future contender for the main list and others. Surprised my Joker, Daniella Westbrook, didn't appear on any other teams due to her lifestyle.

49 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

A few dead folk I've spotted on DDP teams:

Girma Wolde-Giorgis

Jael Strauss

Nancy Roman

Dorothy Morrison (died 2017, became known early this year)

Ann Gillis

(only mentioning the deaths as it's on your pre-release to-do list, I'll be refraining from other observations/error notices until after the official unveiling)

Yeah, been through and noticed some more doublers (which means some folk who think they have uniques will be sorely disappointed) and one particular one that might need to be separated out.

But there's not much and given the task, that's a tremendous job already. Grand work!

11 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

CharonsCrew reacted to this

Oh I'm calling bullshit to a user called CharonsCrew.  We know who it is.  Though SirCreepsEntourage does have a ring to it.  Maybe I'll create another account too.

I'm confused. Not an unusual state of affairs for me. I've never posted on this board under another name. Do you think I'm Charon? I'm flattered, but no, I'm afraid not.

I am the person who plays the Derby Dead Pool under the Charon's Crew name. This is my third year of playing, although I followed it as a non player for many years. I've been posting here since around the time I started playing it. Until this year, I had only one team, although this year I've also entered a theme team. But I've been around, even if unnoticed. I picked Jessica Falkholt last year, and commented to you about it back then.

As Handrejka pointed out, (thanks Handrejka!), Charon is the ferryman of the dead, so it's an understandable coincidence. I was originally going to call my team Charon's Passengers, but then I liked Charon's Crew more. I didn't know there was already a user named Charon when I joined, but I wasn't surprised when I found out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, charon said:

I have no crew.......

charon__wp__by_funerium.jpg

Tis true. But ye did welcome me aboard when I first arrived a couple of years ago, Cap'n, and I thank ye for that. You said you were hogging all the drink as well.

• Thanks 1

I'm somewhat more bullish about the chances of Pity Da Foolz performing well this year.  16/20 picks are eligible for Drop 40/Unique Bonus points.  Martin Plaza who is my really wild selection is unique as is Bill Hayden (who really doesn't look well).  I am very surprised that Hayden didn't get selected by someone else, have all the Australian theme teams gone to the beach? 

I too am surprised that Bob Hawke didn't make Drop 40 (to tell you the truth if there was someone I could replace given the chance that is the one).  My other non-bonus picks are Pete Frates (punters must be losing patience with his slow burn MND), Fatima Ali (just not all that famous) and Andrew McGahan (again perhaps not all that famous internationally-very well known in my neck of the woods-thought that he would've been sniffed out by enough cadaver hounds to elevate him to Drop 40).  With McGahan a seemingly nailed on certainty and Fatima Ali very likely to die and being young I think they are still good selections.

My mother hates me doing this....she thinks it is sick and twisted that I effectively cheer on 20 people to die.  I prefer to think of all the people who I didn't select who I want to continue living (there must be 100's of these).  Looking at the other contenders I think John McCririck is probably the one I was closest to picking but didn't who will be the most damaging should he die.  Of course but for the forums I would never have heard of him-from the pictures I've seen of him I don't think they would have all the pieces to make an indentikit picture of him if he committed a crime.  With The Honourable Robert James Lee Hawke not making the Drop 40 I think replacing Hawke with McCririck is the change I would make given the chance.

Good luck to all the team managers and their selections.  Thanks to Spade for devoting so much of his time to get this up and going so quickly with all of the technical difficulties. 

• Like 1