Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2019

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

wow - that really is surprising - good luck with it must be a good chance he won't make it to 2020.

That might be a bold statement with hindsight :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, charon said:

That might be a bold statement with hindsight :ph34r:

I've got 2020 vision.

• Like 1

Well... Coda 2 now has the minimal target of outperforming Coda 1!

We both picked Mikis Theodorakis. I rejected Leontyne Price.

Coda 1 picked Yoko Ono, I picked her ex-husband.

Very happy to see 5 unique picks on my team. Just a slight disappointment that Jacci Woodcock wasn't one - that other team did not forget her! But quite lucky to have Paul Volcker unique. Let's see how it goes. I quite confidently expect an overall improvement over last year - on all fronts.

21 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Klein is my biggest "whoops" as far as names completely evading my radar go. One blink and you miss it Mail article about his health, and I blinked! The finds I did make more than make up for this miss, mind, and he's not an 100% cert anyway.

Are you insinuating all 20 names you chose ARE 100% certs? 

• Haha 1

All Quiet on the Westerns Front jokered William Phipps, who died last June. Their team needs a new joker.

Just now, Clorox Bleachman said:

All Quiet on the Westerns Front jokered William Phipps, who died last June. Their team needs a new joker owner.

FTFY

• Haha 2

Also, now we're up, good to see Big Iain playing! Always nice to see the DDP's father taking part.

• Like 1

Hello. I can't believe I've been doing this for 11 years.

The frequency of my picks is: 168, 144, 113, 103, 62, 59, 59, 52, 35, 29, 27, 6, 6, 5, 5, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1. This is barely of interest to me, so I can only imagine of how little interest it is to anyone else.

Good luck!

• Like 2

One thing I find mildly interesting is, despite being young, having a life completely devoid of any health issues, not being a known partier or drinker, or indeed even being that famous at all, Maude Apatow has been DDP picked three years in a row - every single year she's been eligible for.

• Haha 2

OK.... so theme team descriptions are in, the celebs are all in alphabetical order, the two dead guys I've spotted so far have been removed, there's no longer two listings for Sikrit, Queen Mother of Thailand, front page is up to date... I'm gonna declare the 2019 DDP officially open.

I put about £150 of my own money into getting the site transferred to a new host, sorting out a logo, buying a Wordpress design and hiring an IT guy from Pakistan to sort out the VBscript issues that were stopping the site for the past week. I was happy to give back to the DDP community, but if any of you want to buy me a virtual coffee you can do so here:

https://ko-fi.com/spadecooley

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

The side is really looking fantastic, Spade!!!

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

OK.... so theme team descriptions are in, the celebs are all in alphabetical order, the two dead guys I've spotted so far have been removed, there's no longer two listings for Sikrit, Queen Mother of Thailand, front page is up to date... I'm gonna declare the 2019 DDP officially open.

I put about £150 of my own money into getting the site transferred to a new host, sorting out a logo, buying a Wordpress design and hiring an IT guy from Pakistan to sort out the VBscript issues that were stopping the site for the past week. I was happy to give back to the DDP community, but if any of you want to buy me a virtual coffee you can do so here:

https://ko-fi.com/spadecooley

Cheers Spade, that's amazingly quick.

Ok, now for the ones I noticed:

Dianne Feinsten - also listed under Dianne Fienstein - I presume Biblio's made a spelling error.

Gerhard Richter - I presume those folk listed under Gerard Richter also meant this guy.

David Graham - I'm assuming that's this guy, rather than the cricketer, given the teams but one might have picked the cricketer...I dunno.

Tbh, that's all I could find. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 2

Awesome stuff, Spade. 

I tip my hat to you. 

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Dianne Feinsten - also listed under Dianne Fienstein - I presume Biblio's made a spelling error.

Gerhard Richter - I presume those folk listed under Gerard Richter also meant this guy.

David Graham - I'm assuming that's this guy, rather than the cricketer, given the teams but one might have picked the cricketer...I dunno.

Thank YoungWillz, was going to mention that my David Graham is the actor. 

Well done though to Mr Cooley as always.

• Like 1

Thanks Spade, I've bought you three coffees :)

• Thanks 1

Very well done, Spade, thank you for all the hard work!

And quite fast, too - I suspect that you are building a structure that speeds up the process for the future.

The site now looks like it belongs in this decade, ha! I can only guess how hard it must be to build on a 15-year old system and to adapt it to the smartphone world.

So the work isn't completely done yet? Well, looks like you are on the right track.

Just noticed there's a slideshow!! Awesome!

Great job, Spade! Thanks for your hard work and for modernizing the DDP website.

Nicely done Spade. 

So the person who I thought would most likely be unique is also picked by someone else, yet I somehow got a unique pick on someone I didn’t think have a chance of being unique. Weird world sometimes...

49 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Thanks Spade, I've bought you three coffees :)

Me to. Thanks for all your efforts

Somehow applicable. Ration yourself :-)

https://www.deathwishcoffee.com/

• Thanks 1

One info that needs changing on the DDP bio is the birthday of Andrew Fairlie. His bio said he was born in 1953, yet articles of him stepping down mentioned he was 54. Obviously the age and the birthday on his bio doesn’t match.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Good work. Weirdly enough the system had defaulted David Graham to the very, very, very obscure cricketer, and not the "would get an obit on the evening news" actor. And had been for years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

One info that needs changing on the DDP bio is the birthday of Andrew Fairlie. His bio said he was born in 1953, yet articles of him stepping down mentioned he was 54. Obviously the age and the birthday on his bio doesn’t match.

My info says he was born c 1964, that would tally with what you say Joey.

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

My info says he was born c 1964, that would tally with what you say Joey.

Joey mistyped 1963 I think, which is the actors dob not the chefs. He's 1964.

• Thanks 1