Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2019

5 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/48581837

Not a QO as she is still alive but surely they will follow up on this in next couple of days.

Also I think she will be a good case for Helen Rollason Award posthumously at the SPOTY awards.

Inspirational and shows that sometimes it's not how long you live but how you spend the time you are alive.

I spend mine on Deathlist.net :scratchhead:

Yeah. Her death will now certainly get a QO.

So... the Daily Mail posted a Grunewald article 30 minutes ago....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7124807/Minnesota-runner-inspired-grave-condition.html

...only, it's the same thing the BBC posted hours ago... lazy!

They post about that even though Grunewald is already dead!

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

And once again we have a row back from the source, now saying Grunewald is resting peacefully. Link above now takes you to an update page, rather than a "fuck, she's dead" page.

It's getting ridiculous. If someone's dead, that's generally a fact that can be reported. Implying she's died from an Instagram post doesn't cut it, Women's Health.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

And once again we have a row back from the source, now saying Grunewald is resting peacefully. Link above now takes you to an update page, rather than a "fuck, she's dead" page.

It's getting ridiculous. If someone's dead, that's generally a fact that can be reported. Implying she's died from an Instagram post doesn't cut it, Women's Health.

As a proud member of the fourth estate, we do often joke that "well, incorrectly reporting someone as dead gets you a lot more traffic than waiting for them to actually die".

15 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

As a proud member of the fourth estate, we do often joke that "well, incorrectly reporting someone as dead gets you a lot more traffic than waiting for them to actually die".

Not an obit writer are you?

17 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Not an obit writer are you?

If I was, do you think Michel Delpech would have blanked?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

If I was, do you think Michel Delpech would have blanked?

Damn it, worth  try. :lol:

The QO will put GUN Away back on top, and all of a sudden the likes of Pete Frates and Clive James become very important for this year's DDP.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

The QO will put GUN Away back on top, and all of a sudden the likes of Pete Frates and Clive James become very important for this year's DDP.

The QO

I'm not sure what it says about my Dead Pooling skills when my team of reject picks is leading the DDP after 5 and a half months whilst my carefully selected A team is in the lower reaches. It's actually slightly better than it looks because the 7 who have died were all in my 21 - 30 picks whereas none of my 31 - 40 picks have gone.

There is too much dross in the team for it to be there at the end but it's nice to be at the top for now :-)

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

GUN Away reminds me more of Shameless 2016 than anything else. In 2016, that team was still leading until the canon names of Crowe, Feek, and co died in March. Today, you still have the likes Ricksen, Blanco, and Clegg still alive, none of which Grim’s B Team have.

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

GUN Away reminds me more of Shameless 2016 than anything else. In 2016, that team was still leading until the canon names of Crowe, Feek, and co died in March. Today, you still have the likes Ricksen, Blanco, and Clegg still alive, none of which Grim’s B Team have.

Yeah, I still think this year is a three-wayer between Living End, Day In The Death and TJS.

I think my odds rest on whether any of the unique folk deliver. On that subject, why not give a rundown of how they're doing?

Ronald Shurer: Two recent treatments failed, a third one seems to be working. Could die, but seems more likely to see 2020 than not.

Rachel Zoll: Complete silence since early 2018, unless one of her colleagues feels compelled to give an update I don't think we'll hear anything until her death

Helen Legh: Last tweeted at the end of February and hasn't liked anything since March. One of her radio colleagues gave an update on her a month or so ago, wheelchair bound and tired due to various medications

Suzanne Whang: Shockingly, the Mexico clinic failed to halt the rapid growth of her cancer. Fear not, though, as she's attempted more kooky healing processes such as holding a "worldwide visualization" where her friends all envisioned her as healthy during the same ten-minute span, and next month going on a shamanic healing journey. Also at one of her fundraisers, she put googly eyes and lipstick on her tumor and sang a parody of I Will Survive to it. Words fail me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Suzanne Whang: Shockingly, the Mexico clinic failed to halt the rapid growth of her cancer. Fear not, though, as she's attempted more kooky healing processes such as holding a "worldwide visualization" where her friends all envisioned her as healthy during the same ten-minute span, and next month going on a shamanic healing journey. Also at one of her fundraisers, she put googly eyes and lipstick on her tumor and sang a parody of I Will Survive to it. Words fail me.

Pick of the year.

• Like 2

So far as far as I can see  Philomena Lynott has not got a QO.

3 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Fear not, though, as she's attempted more kooky healing processes such as holding a "worldwide visualization" where her friends all envisioned her as healthy during the same ten-minute span, and next month going on a shamanic healing journey. Also at one of her fundraisers, she put googly eyes and lipstick on her tumor and sang a parody of I Will Survive to it. Words fail me.

Seems to work for Leah Bracknell. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/12/movies/sylvia-miles-dead.html

American actress Sylvia Miles has died which all being well with a qualifying obituary soon will be a hit for me in my blueberry crumble team.

Mail Obit for Sylvia Miles: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7135063/Sylvia-Miles-dead-94-Two-time-Oscar-nominee-legendary-Andy-Warhol-party-girl-passes-away.html

• Thanks 2

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 13:31, Joey Russ said:

As I said I'm not going to win - too much dross - it was a B team after all. But here's an analysis at a basic level of what's left to die this year.

Sonali Bendre - she's over her serious cancer - Nil

Julie Brougham - no news that I can find anywhere of her condition - unlikely to QO anyhow - Nil

Beth Chapman - could die - would QO - 9 points if she did.

Christy Dignam - could die, probably won't - would QO - 9 points if he did

Pete Frates - could die, would QO - 10 points if he did

Clive James - could die, would QO - 10 or 9 points

Irrfan Khan - another Indian who is over his serious cancer and back working - Nil

Saccheen Littlefeather - yet another Native American with breast and maybe lung (?) cancer - could die, should QO - 7 points

Ernie Moss - he's had Pick's disease since October 2014 which is a very aggressive form of dementia with an average life expectancy of 4 years. could die, should QO - 8 or 7 points

Olivia N-J - could die but more likely next year and hopefully not for many more - 10 points

Genesis P-Orridge - could die, should QO - 8 points

Roman Reigns - he's fine - nil

Pat Smullen - he's fine - nil

So even if all the coulds and shoulds all die (and they surely won't) I only scrape to a further 71 62 points or 150 in total. I'm just as likely to score no more points.

As Joey says once the A team picks start dropping then GUN Away will.

A single mother who was shunned by her local community for having a mixed-race child out of wedlock, Lynott went on to become a vocal advocate for LGBT rights, an integral figure in getting a statue of her son erected in Dublin, and found time to tell Mitt Romney to fuck off in 2012 when he tried to use “The Boys Are Back In Town” as an election campaign song.

That last part is really fucking amazing of her. :D 

• Like 1