Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2019

Inquest in on Sandy Ratcliffe says, while she had lung cancer, she actually died of an accidental morphine overdose. Does that count as an unnatural bonus for Gooseberry's team?

2 hours ago, msc said:

Inquest in on Sandy Ratcliffe says, while she had lung cancer, she actually died of an accidental morphine overdose. Does that count as an unnatural bonus for Gooseberry's team?

Hmm, a tough one - makes me glad to run a low-hangers route one dead pool in which a fleeting reference in a parish magazine might seal victory, or summat

According to The Mirror Ratcliffe's "cause of death was given as pneumonia and excessive morphine, with other factors being cited as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart disease and kidney disease."

Hmm, well, what came first?

Did the pneumonia kill her because her lungs were already heavily damaged by intensive drug use?

Or did she do drugs while being sick with pneumonia and died of a somewhat accidental overdose?

I guess the article implies the latter.

I think bonus points should be awarded in this case.  There is some precedent from the 2011 DDP when James C Tyree, who was suffering from advanced cancer was actually finished off by an embolism caused by an air bubble in his morphine injection.  

16 hours ago, msc said:

Can you prove it was accidental.

Death is the natural result of suicide.

Work it out amongst yourselves.  

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Can you prove it was accidental.

Death is the natural result of suicide.

Work it out amongst yourselves.  

Suicide is an unnatural death and will get the bonus points in 2020-21. As will, to pick a completely ludicrous scenario, being stabbed to death in prison because you snitched on your own gang and refused witness protection. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see the LOTL was finally updated, so I note that Karel Gott is one for the LOTM as he was picked in 2016

On 04/10/2019 at 10:18, msc said:

Suicide is an unnatural death and will get the bonus points in 2020-21. As will, to pick a completely ludicrous scenario, being stabbed to death in prison because you snitched on your own gang and refused witness protection. :D

Hmm, so that ludicrous scenario, might pay off if any former Trump henchman snuff it in the year he seeks re-election.

14 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I see the LOTL was finally updated, so I note that Karel Gott is one for the LOTM as he was picked in 2016

I'm gutted about Karel gott, first because he was a legend and second because I picked him in 2016 and had considered it again for 2019, but he seemed to have recovered.

In a different scenario I would’ve been annoyed by the death of Bracknell in the DDP, but with Spicer almost certainly not obiting, it’s a bit relieving that I didn’t have to potentially lose due to the lack of a QO, especially with one of my other names being a coin flip in seeing 2020...

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

In a different scenario I would’ve been annoyed by the death of Bracknell in the DDP, but with Spicer almost certainly not obiting, it’s a bit relieving that I didn’t have to potentially lose due to the lack of a QO, especially with one of my other names being a coin flip in seeing 2020...

As all top 10 jokers are used up, and you missed out on Brackers here, I think this puts me and Chorizo joint 2nd.... 25 points behind Death Impends!

I mean, all jokes aside, surely he has to win this one now.

I was just saying to Boudicca this morning how I've little chance of a top 10 unless Pete Frates dies, seeing as he is a rather unique pick in the top 30.  And called a few of my picks perennial frauds, without naming names....and 30 minutes later, a fraud has died!  It certainly can't hurt Cancel My Appointments race to 10th.
Peter Frates....are you listening?
They all laughed at Gabrielle D'Allonches, until she died.  C'mon you old rat bag.
SC

EDIT: Seriously?  I got a hit and went from 17th to ..... 17th?  Fuck that shit.

Looks like a few people didn't have Bracknell. She moves me into 10th spot,  highest I have been.  But unlikely to get much higher.

I think that moves me up to my highest position - 39th. Any chance of a theme team update?

1 hour ago, Heef said:

I think that moves me up to my highest position - 39th. Any chance of a theme team update?

Saturday. Promise. 

• Thanks 1

Luigi Colani was actually of Kurdish descent, not Italian.

On 16/10/2019 at 23:46, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Looks like a few people didn't have Bracknell. She moves me into 10th spot,  highest I have been.  But unlikely to get much higher.

I'm sitting joint 11th, two points down on yer good self. I once finished 5th but that was years ago, think only five people entered back then, my highest position in living memory greatly aided by Bracknall being my joker and my last death being the unique pick of Larry Wallis. So, the big guns are fired and I'm relying on the same hard core of survivors as everyone else now - incl. Drop 40 stalwarts like Stiles and Kerslake.

7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I'm sitting joint 11th, two points down on yer good self. I once finished 5th but that was years ago, think only five people entered back then, my highest position in living memory greatly aided by Bracknall being my joker and my last death being the unique pick of Larry Wallis. So, the big guns are fired and I'm relying on the same hard core of survivors as everyone else now - incl. Drop 40 stalwarts like Stiles and Kerslake.

I think I'm done too. Possibly points for Karen Lewis. 2 non QOs and some other poor choices have sealed the deal, but pretty happy to break 100.

10 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

I think I'm done too. Possibly points for Karen Lewis. 2 non QOs and some other poor choices have sealed the deal, but pretty happy to break 100.

John Andretti would be a bonus mind, not that many picked him but you and me have that choice.

Dewer a bit of a bummer for you unless some random broadsheet article on Canadian politics mentions it at the end of the year

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

100+ points in a DDP debut is still quite impressive imo.

Well better than I did, anyhow, by about 70 points...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

John Andretti would be a bonus mind, not that many picked him but you and me have that choice.

Dewer a bit of a bummer for you unless some random broadsheet article on Canadian politics mentions it at the end of the year

Chris Wilson not getting the QO was a bigger surprise to me, though. I mean, he was a blues 'legend' in  Australia,  and I had heard his music over here in Canada .  I figured him for a slam dunk.

Why would Karen Lewis ever QO?

Head of the Chicago Board of Education?  Is that of media interest to UK?  Not to mention she’s nowhere near death’s stoop.

On 16/10/2019 at 17:46, Skinny kiltrunner said:

agreed, so why did I go from 17th to 17th?  
meh I take easy way out and Fatima Ali as Joker I’m in 7th.  So only myself to blame....but I’m going for 1st not 7th.  Need uniqueness to win, that’s painfully obvious.  At least a couple the other contenders don’t have.

SC