Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2019

On 03/01/2020 at 08:55, Deathray said:

Pretty sure the former member with the same name was a burner account of the twat who is no longer with us during one of his 'imposed holidays'

Sorry just saw this. I'm not anyone's burner account, I am indeed the forum member with the exact same name as the team who plays the Derby Dead Pool.

Not been posting because it's been a busy year, sorry.....but not a former member. A current member. Just a quiet one.

It sounds like I'm being confused with someone who's been banned.....so it's unfortunate I've been quiet, but it was purely voluntary. Also not sure how I prove I'm not the banned person, but perhaps the fact I'm here and still playing the pool is enough. Hope so.

Edited, trying to make sense of it. OK, it looks like maybe I got confused with Charon again. I am not Charon, and never have been. Charon's boat is the ferry of the dead, Charon's Crew are the dead people in it, hence the name. I didn't know there was a Charon here already when I picked the name. I'm not the person banned for being a twat.
Mind you, I am a twat though.

• Like 2

On 03/01/2020 at 08:53, Joey Russ said:

Pretty sure Charon’s Crew is actually the forum member with the exact same name, not the twat who’s no longer with us

You think correctly, thank you!

On 03/01/2020 at 12:13, Sir Creep said:

no a) he wouldn’t be that obvious and b) whatever his team name was they existed simultaneously, that was a new person - in fact I recall commenting on their team at inception along the lines of ‘can’t you come up w something else?’

Yes, thank you! And yeah, I remember that conversation too, thanks. You're absolutely right, they wouldn't be that obvious - the whole point of a fake burner account is people don't link it to you. This is just random chaotic similarity nuttiness - we both thought of the ferryman. So did Crossing The Styx, come to that.

I'm sorry to read that obviously something pretty bad went down while I was away. Don't know what, don't need to, but not me.

And let me add an additional extra belated congrats to @Death Impends on a remarkable victory. Sorry not to do so before.