Sign in to follow this  
Toast

Guess The Song

5 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Fragile, by that cunt Sting?

Bingo! Released in 1988 and follow up to "Englishman in New York". Don't know a whole lot about him personally so won't be able to make my judgement on the cunt-part. Though in my country there's a celebrity called Gordon who's certainly a cunt, so perhaps something to do with that name? :D

3 minutes ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

Bingo! Released in 1988 and follow up to "Englishman in New York". Don't know a whole lot about him personally so won't be able to make my judgement on the cunt-part. Though in my country there's a celebrity called Gordon who's certainly a cunt, so perhaps something to do with that name? :D

Like Bono, you don’t need to know him personally to know he’s a cunt. I defer my choice of song to the person who picked She Bop, which was a far more inventive guess than mine.

Gordon Ramsay?

On 02/05/2021 at 16:40, Clorox Bleachman said:

Just like System of a Down, this band's biggest hit featured "wake up" quite prominently, but it's not that song.

The band name is related to a profession (I guess you could say), and the protagonist of our song appears to work in said profession.

On 02/05/2021 at 20:58, Salmon Mousse said:

This might be an easy one: a song that was not included on the original album and celebrates yesterday's date

There's still a couple that haven't been guessed right yet.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Like Bono, you don’t need to know him personally to know he’s a cunt. I defer my choice of song to the person who picked She Bop, which was a far more inventive guess than mine.

My song is a tribute to the current Jeopardy! reigning champion.  But if you don't know her, you can always contemplate sunken treasures.  It has been  covered by diverse hands/bands.

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Gordon Ramsay?

79098652_10158498294344237_5718748984688771072_n.thumb.jpg.21e187d280bfdbda65edb02a9f77de1b.jpg

Alas, this one's even worse! Gordon Heuckeroth, mostly just known as "Gordon" over here (I'm from the Netherlands).

He's a 53 year old former singer, reality personality and probably his own biggest fan. Just one of those "punch 'em in the face"-people over here :D

6 hours ago, Doulton said:

My song is a tribute to the current Jeopardy! reigning champion.  But if you don't know her, you can always contemplate sunken treasures.  It has been  covered by diverse hands/bands.

Another hint:  This song has SOME  association with Kate Winslet, Burt Lancaster, JImmy Stewart,  Guy Van Duser, and Michael Shannon.

On 09/12/2018 at 17:32, Toast said:

Cat has it!  Chris Farlowe's is magnificent, but here's the Stones' unabridged original in all its five minute glory.. 

Over to you, Cat.

The first song in this thread.  Bringing it forward with the news that the Rolling Stones played 'Out Of Time' last night in Madrid.  :wub:

Incredibly, it was the first time they've ever played it live.  :o

• Like 1

And here's the live performance.