Sign in to follow this  
Toast

Guess The Song

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

As soon as you said 'rapper' a whole fucking generation lost interest.

It's a 2014 heavy metal cover of a 1990 rap song.... I think the number of people who give a fuck is minimal... 

Just now, Deathray said:

It's a 2014 heavy metal cover of a 1990 rap song.... I think the number of people who give a fuck is minimal... 

Minimal but significant.:D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

This is a late 70s song.

Written by an artist who didn't have a hit with it himself and didn't include it on his next album.

International hit for a girl group that reached no. 1 in several countries, but only a Top 40 spot in the UK.

Fire by the Pointer sisters ? (written by Springsteen I think)

Correct, it is Fire.  A song that in these sanctimonious times works much better when sung by a female than a male, so it's a good thing that the Pointer Sisters had the hit with it.

On 12/02/2020 at 18:38, Deathray said:

Knuckleheaded parenting advice

15 hours ago, Deathray said:

from a different rapper from 1990

Pffffft...I've got knob all idea about anything metal, but based on these two clues, did some metalist do a cover of LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out?

35 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Pffffft...I've got knob all idea about anything metal, but based on these two clues, did some metalist do a cover of LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out?

Yes they did....... google might have revealed the band for you but it was Five Finger Death Punch off their 2014 album 'The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell Volume 1. There an insanely daft metal band, but bloody enjoyable to switch off and listen to which is probably why their widely tipped to be the next band to move up to 'the big league' ahead of a number of much better bands.

ETA: 'Knuckleheaded' was meant to be a clue to FFDP who refer to their fans as knuckleheads..... i'll go back to my my Metal Hammer magazines now.....

Without listening to that, it has to be god awful.

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Don't get me wrong some of their music is utterly horrendous.... Mama Said is actually pretty good. It is however not their best song, that's this (and not just because of the message/fundraising but it's musically their best, which figures they'd want it to be to gain traction). Either way they're doing what they do right and will no doubt be in the next wave of metal bands to get promoted to the 'festival headliner/stadium' bracket at some point in the next 5-10 years. Even though there's a dozen  bands who deserve that more, they naturally fit the bill better because they wank off Iron Maiden/Metallica fans enough.....

6 minutes ago, Deathray said:

ETA: 'Knuckleheaded' was meant to be a clue to FFDP who refer to their fans as knuckleheads

I didn't know that, but quite by accident it was an excellent clue :D

3 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Yes.

So I've been trying to think of something different, so not yet another rock number from the 90's...so it's a rock song from the 00's, with a guest drummer from another two massive bands. Oddly, if nobody can get the answer, that's a bit of a clue.

• Haha 1

It wasn’t a comment about FFDP overall.  I was just saying (without listening) there’s just no way that particular combo works.  I can’t imagine what they were thinking.  

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

It wasn’t a comment about FFDP overall.  I was just saying (without listening) there’s just no way that particular combo works.  I can’t imagine what they were thinking.  

There a daft metal band, they were thinking 'this is a good idea'...... what they do is not the most sophisticated thing on the planet, but as said they're bloody good at what they do. At the risk of falling into a completely off topic debate about the state of 'big league' rock and metal; the idea that FFDP could headline (they recently appeared to self-confirm as next years headliners) the UK's biggest metal festival before Lamb of God/Ghost/Architects/BMTH or a number of other metal bands astounds me, as I said though wank off enough Iron Maiden fans and you can play where you want on the metal and rock scene..... 

11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

A more serious answer to your question than the above rant they were thinking 'we can get some Limp Bizkit vibes going with this...'

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I didn't know that, but quite by accident it was an excellent clue :D

Yes.

So I've been trying to think of something different, so not yet another rock number from the 90's...so it's a rock song from the 00's, with a guest drummer from another two massive bands. Oddly, if nobody can get the answer, that's a bit of a clue.

Is the drummer definitely a guest drummer and not a band member? If a band member:

Assuming the drummer doesn't primarily drum in the two other bands.....

Mind Eraser, No Chaser - Them Crooked Vultures

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The drummer gives me strong Dave Grohl vibes....

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the deaf

Edit: Lol, I should not just post the name of the album, but a song... No one knows.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The drummer gives me strong Dave Grohl vibes....

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the deaf

Edit: Lol, I should not just post the name of the album, but a song... No one knows.

Well, you've knocked that one out of the park! 

This is a live version of it, Glasto '02:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTalAdaXEzc

Edited by The Quim Reaper
EDIT: FFS has YT embedding stopped working again?
  • Like 1

Alright, this is a club-friendly cover of a 70s hit of a black music legend. The cover managed to outdo the original by one place in the UK charts, around the turn of the millenium.

46 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Alright, this is a club-friendly cover of a 70s hit of a black music legend. The cover managed to outdo the original by one place in the UK charts, around the turn of the millenium.

Probably gone way more cryptic than need here but Black Legend - You See the Trouble With Me (sung by Barry White but written by Ray Parker Jr; assumedly your black legend??).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Probably gone way more cryptic than need here but Black Legend - You See the Trouble With Me (sung by Barry White but written by Ray Parker Jr; assumedly your black legend??).

Correct!

• Like 1

Ok one for the older lot with different tastes.

The original of this one hit disco wonder song hit number thirteen of the UK charts in 1983 but twenty one years later a updated club remix in 2004 topped number one on the UK Dance Charts....

16 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Ok one for the older lot with different tastes.

The original of this one hit disco wonder song hit number thirteen of the UK charts in 1983 but twenty one years later a updated club remix in 2004 topped number one on the UK Dance Charts....

Last Night A DJ Saved My Life, originally by Indeep, 2004 remix by Seamus Haji

?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, time said:

Last Night A DJ Saved My Life, originally by Indeep, 2004 remix by Seamus Haji

?

Yup. 

Staying in the 80's, a novelty record which reached number one in the UK but didn't chart in the USA, despite having US-centric subject matter. The band concerned had a lesser novelty hit some 5 years earlier.

1 hour ago, time said:

Staying in the 80's, a novelty record which reached number one in the UK but didn't chart in the USA, despite having US-centric subject matter. The band concerned had a lesser novelty hit some 5 years earlier.

The theme from M* A* S* H   'Suicide is Painless'

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The theme from M* A* S* H   'Suicide is Painless'

Wrong thread (and also incorrect)

2 minutes ago, time said:

Wrong thread (and also incorrect)

I have my 'thick as shit' head on so you will have to tell me why it is in the wrong thread?