Lewd_Squirrel

Richard Chamberlain

I swear that he had a thread already, but I couldn't find anything.

• Like 2

Do you have any links to his state of health, medical scares or something of that nature?

No, just in his 80s.

Isn't he rumoured to be one of the surviving victims of the Doodler, a serial killer of gay men in the 1970s? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Isn't he rumoured to be one of the surviving victims of the Doodler, a serial killer of gay men in the 1970s? 

Tell us more Handy!!

I had a huge crush on him when I was about five, and he was Dr Kildare. 

The first of many disappointments.

• Like 1

I was disappointed when I first saw him cut corners in health and safety leading to a huge skyscraper fire, and then leaping onto a fire carry, causing the death of dozens more people.

Then when I wasn't five any more, at some point I twigged The Towering Inferno wasn't a documentary.

Great film, though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Tell us more Handy!!

I was getting mixed up I'm afraid. Two of the Doodler's surviving victims are/were prominent men who are/were closeted. I always understood one of them to be an actor but he was actually someone who worked in the  entertainment industry which could be anything really. The other was a diplomat. 

I also remember having a crush on Richard Chamberlain but not sure what I could have seen him in now.  

34 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

I was getting mixed up I'm afraid. Two of the Doodler's surviving victims are/were prominent men who are/were closeted. I always understood one of them to be an actor but he was actually someone who worked in the  entertainment industry which could be anything really. The other was a diplomat. 

I also remember having a crush on Richard Chamberlain but not sure what I could have seen him in now.  

The Thornbirds?

• Thanks 1

Not sure how reliable this may be but Richard Chamberlain reported dead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RetroGamer47 said:

If true sad, but the article says dead at 92 and he’s 89

He wouldn't be the first celeb to lie about his age (see Virgil for example). But this is the only outlet reporting so far so I wouldn't take it as fact just yet.

While I'm dubious, the fact that a publicist is quoted is interesting. Also, nowt on XMusk last I looked - that would be astonishing.

If it is true and it doesn't surprise me about him being older remember actors lie about that age 

2 minutes ago, cgay said:

If it is true and it doesn't surprise me about him being older remember actors lie about that age 

He didn't.

Name George R Chamberlain
Sex Male
Mother's Name Matthews
Event Type Birth
Event Date 31 Mar 1934
Event Place Los Angeles, California, United States

After 47 minutes, there's nothing. This, combined with the incorrect age and the 12 strange sites it redirects you to when viewed on a phone, leads me to believe it's fake.

22 minutes ago, RetroGamer47 said:

After 47 minutes, there's nothing. This, combined with the incorrect age and the 12 strange sites it redirects you to when viewed on a phone, leads me to believe it's fake.

Richard Chamberlain’s obituary will be held at a later date.”

You think? 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Richard Chamberlain’s obituary will be held at a later date.”

You think? 

There's that too

Also the fact that the site that posted it is called Chamberlain Sun might be a giveaway that it's fake, too. ;)

15 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Also the fact that the site that posted it is called Chamberlain Sun might be a giveaway that it's fake, too. ;)

What a weird website. I read an article about Beyoncé, to get a sense of what they're about. The article appears to have been written by a human and is not totally built on misinformation, but is full of incorrect 'facts' that can easily be disproved.

1 hour ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

What a weird website. I read an article about Beyoncé, to get a sense of what they're about. The article appears to have been written by a human and is not totally built on misinformation, but is full of incorrect 'facts' that can easily be disproved.

Crem?

• Haha 2

He is on my long list of potentials. Though I have to say my long list keeps growing.  Soon it will look like @lewd_squirrel list of 400 if I am not careful.

p.s how do you do the highlighting  of others properly.. I thought you just had to put the @ in front of the name, but I must not be doing something right because mine are never highlighted like others are.

@livingbygrace don't type out the whole thing. When you get so far there are drop down options which you click on and that gives the highlight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingbygrace said:

thank you @YoungWillz Got it.  This was the first time I got the drop bar.  

Lewd Squirrel is capitalised but you had it in lower case so that'll be why it didn't work for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1