Grim Reaper

Oscar Niemeyer

The english Wikipedia has him dead.

No it hasn't

It did at one point, but I'd like to think no one takes uncited random Wiki edits for much. Else half of us would be leading the DDP... :P

Guest Guest

the death of his only daughter last june (in her youthful 80s) is probably a big factor in his deterioration. that and the fact he's 104 of course

the death of his only daughter last june (in her youthful 80s) is probably a big factor in his deterioration. that and the fact he's 104 of course

Gonna say the latter is more important than the former.

• Like 1

Oscar is getting better daily and his kidney functionality is heading towards full improvement.

Sorry to get your hopes up (Though, if the past is any indication, celebrities tend to get positive health press just before corking it. So stay tuned.)

Guest Guest

I say this man is going to celebrate his 105th birthday in December.

Guest Guest

I predict he will get out of hospital,celebrate his 105th birtday, then go back into hospital and die around xmas time. I'll be back to collect my money around then!

Whatever happens i want to know his secret .

105 and still is all there in the head too.

Whatever happens i want to know his secret .

105 and still is all there in the head too.

Seemingly being a grumpy git workaholic who is mad about women.

Which almost fits into the Henry Allingham recipe for longevity: something like "cigars, whiskey and loose women".

Guest Guest

He's had a bloody good innings, but you can tell it's becoming harder and harder for doctors to keep him alive.Nature always wins in the end!

Looks like Oscar isn't returning home anytime soon, wouldn't be too suprised if he passes soon. Doctor's are describing his condition as critical this evening with a worsening kidney function. Never a good sign at any age let alone 105.

http://www.brecorder.com/arts-a-leisure/44-arts/91154-brazilian-architect-niemeyer-in-critical-condition.html

Guest Guest

I predicted he would make it to his 105th birthday next month.I am no longer prepared to make that prediction...

I predicted he would make it to his 105th birthday next month.I am no longer prepared to make that prediction...

I predicted you'd make an intelligent post. I am no longer prepared to make that prediction...

Oscar wouldn't care if he lives or dies. Life and death go on and the seasons fade and the years pass by and it means nothing to him. Oscar doesn't care about his age, he's an old man drawing and nothing will stop him. If he can't do what he wants .. he doesn't care. What is this life? Everything is nothing to him, it's just people that matter and his projects. The thought of an old man drawing in a modern era .. he's Oscar.

Oscar wouldn't care if he lives or dies. Life and death go on and the seasons fade and the years pass by and it means nothing to him. Oscar doesn't care about his age, he's an old man drawing and nothing will stop him. If he can't do what he wants .. he doesn't care. What is this life? Everything is nothing to him, it's just people that matter and his projects. The thought of an old man drawing in a modern era .. he's Oscar.

I cannot hope to care less than him about all things.

• Like 1

Is it me? Or is it, that lots of people find new ways to mangle the English language?

To the matter at hand...

Bloody rough on the soul to die this way. Old and ill. We all have to go some way, but systematic organ failure is a cruel ending. Hopefully in the next few hours "our" Oscar can be free of any pain he may be in.

Bit of new news...

http://www.plenglish.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=728201&Itemid=1

(Started to add a little more colour to my signature)

Died a couple of hours ago according to brazilian twitter news feeds

• Like 1

Died a couple of hours ago according to brazilian twitter news feeds

I don't think twitter is exactly reliable

Last I heard he was still lucid, and moaning about the Brazilian football coach who has been sacked.

If anything, he's probably treating potential death and rumours of his demise in the same way he treated being 102 and so on, and more power to him.

Guest Guest

Stand by for an eminent announcement of his death...