Death Impends

Shivakumara Swami

Dr Sri Sri Sri Shivakumara Swami still active at 110 years. Apparently he can still walk!! (although assisted, of course).

Having thought about it, he is without a doubt the only supercentenarian still active out there.

On 2/21/2018 at 02:50, Life Is Beautiful said:

Dr Sri Sri Sri Shivakumara Swami still active at 110 years. Apparently he can still walk!! (although assisted, of course).

Having thought about it, he is without a doubt the only supercentenarian still active out there.

OK so allow me to admit I've been hoodwinked.  As per Wiki, SSSSS's birthday is April 1.
110 years old my arse.

SC

Just now, Sir Creep said:

OK so allow me to admit I've been hoodwinked.  As per Wiki, SSSSS's birthday is April 1.
110 years old my arse.

SC

2018-1907=111.

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2018 at 12:02, Sir Creep said:

110 years old my arse.

SC

Happy 111th to our seemingly indestructible pal :party:

• Like 3

As a matter of interest does anyone know who the oldest ever 'famous' person is ? Swami must be pretty close to it by now ! I think Alexander Imich , who died at 111 and 4 months was the oldest ever famous man,(and also the oldest man on the planet at the time of his death ) , but I'm not sure about the oldest woman. It might be Ruby Muhammad who is reported to have been just short of 114 when she died, but that's unverified so she might have been a lot  younger. 

Swami isn't famous to anyone besides his homies and dead poolers.  No way 1 on 500 Americans have a clue who you are talking about.  Or Brits.  Or Ruskies.  Or Japanese.  Or Aussies.  blah blah blah.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Swami isn't famous to anyone besides his homies and dead poolers.  No way 1 on 500 Americans have a clue who you are talking about.  Or Brits.  Or Ruskies.  Or Japanese.  Or Aussies.  blah blah blah.  

He may only be famous in India, but then, India has about as many inhabitants as the USA, the UK, Russia, Japan and Australia combined, times twice!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

As a matter of interest does anyone know who the oldest ever 'famous' person is ? Swami must be pretty close to it by now ! I think Alexander Imich , who died at 111 and 4 months was the oldest ever famous man,(and also the oldest man on the planet at the time of his death ) , but I'm not sure about the oldest woman. It might be Ruby Muhammad who is reported to have been just short of 114 when she died, but that's unverified so she might have been a lot  younger. 

Dr. Leila Denmark, who co-developed the first vaccine for whooping cough, lived to 114.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Dr. Leila Denmark, who co-developed the first vaccine for whooping cough, lived to 114.

Oh well just 3 years and 2 months to go till Sree Sree beats the record then ! I think he has a good chance of making it ! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Sri Sri decides to one-up his whole "gets hospitalized, released the next day" shtick by getting hospitalized and released in the same day instead.

Sounds like he just popped in to retrieve something he left on an earlier visit

• Haha 6

On 21/02/2018 at 09:50, Life Is Beautiful said:

Shivakumara Swami's long-time designed successor Siddalinga Swami has died of a heart attack at 69. Now he needs a new successor.

• Haha 1

He is never 110 years old. Just a longevity claim like many others. He's probably 5 or 10 years younger, maybe even more.

29 minutes ago, Prophet said:

He is never 110 years old. Just a longevity claim like many others. He's probably 5 or 10 years younger, maybe even more.

TBH even if he's a "mere" 100 that doesn't make his ability to rebound from hospital trips like nothing any less impressive.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

TBH even if he's a "mere" 100 that doesn't make his ability to rebound from hospital trips like nothing any less impressive.

I just want to say this, because many here might think his claimed age is right, but it's most likely not.

According to Wikipedia he was "initiated into the Viraktashram Order in 1930" but they are no sources for that.

On 21/10/2018 at 17:47, drol said:

Shivakumara Swami's long-time designed successor Siddalinga Swami has died of a heart attack at 69. Now he needs a new successor.

You cant make that stuff up.

On 21/10/2018 at 17:59, Prophet said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_people

Then explain why he is listed here as the 5th oldest VERIFIED man.

Oh, and btw, he is 111 years old since the first of April.

27 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_people

Then explain why he is listed here as the 5th oldest VERIFIED man.

Oh, and btw, he is 111 years old since the first of April.

He's not. The list in that section isn't GRG verified...

• Thanks 2

Sri Sri Sri Shivakamura Swamji hospitalised:

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/siddaganga-mutt-seer-hospitalised/article25644679.ece

Another infection and blocked liver tube. Apparently the same procedure he already had five times in the past 2,5 years.

Ok, I've seen this many times. Tomorrow next post will be "discharged".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Shivakumara Swami hospitalized again.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/siddaganga-seer-to-be-shifted-to-chennai-hospital/article25683520.ece

Will undergo liver bypass and complete removal of gallbladder.

9 minutes ago, drol said:

Shivakumara Swami hospitalized again.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/siddaganga-seer-to-be-shifted-to-chennai-hospital/article25683520.ece

Will undergo liver bypass and complete removal of gallbladder.

After all the bullshit I got 25:1 he doesn't obit (See Colin Butts).