Death Impends

Shivakumara Swami

This thread is sort of depressing with these hospitalised - discharged chains.

I wonder what his hobbies are.

Still in ICU and no liquid food given, only fluids and antibiotics. Doctors are confident he will be discharged in one week.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

I wonder what his hobbies are.

Just the odd bit of hang gliding and fire eating nowadays, he's slowing down in his advanced age.

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Just the odd bit of hang gliding and fire eating nowadays, he's slowing down in his advanced age.

Heard he also enjoys sword swallowing.

1 minute ago, FixedBusiness said:

Heard he also enjoys sword swallowing.

Goes without saying. One of the top causes of death for 111-year-olds too is sword swallowing.

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Goes without saying. One of the top causes of death for 111-year-olds too is sword swallowing.

Very much so, good catch. Heard it's a popular cause of death for most supercenterians though; I believe Leila Denmark died of it.

So is this guy DeathList material or not?

If he makes it to 2019 he's going to be the joker on my own personal list, anyway, but...

As I already posted in the Richard Overton thread, one of the main criteria for inclusion is that "Candidates cannot be famous solely for the fact they are likely to die in the near future".

The question is, does Sree Sree (if I can call him that) have enough claim to fame independent from his age in order to justify inclusion?

13 minutes ago, Weebl said:

So is this guy DeathList material or not?

If he makes it to 2019 he's going to be the joker on my own personal list, anyway, but...

As I already posted in the Richard Overton thread, one of the main criteria for inclusion is that "Candidates cannot be famous solely for the fact they are likely to die in the near future".

The question is, does Sree Sree (if I can call him that) have enough claim to fame independent from his age in order to justify inclusion?

Sri Sri doesn't seem like an obvious choice, but it's worth remembering that 2007 had Ruby Muhammad...

• Like 1

Sounds like someone is confusing likelihood of dying from ailment (forbidden) with likelihood of dying because we presume they are appproaching the end of life cycle (allowed).  The ‘fame’ achieved through the unlikely continuation of life well beyond normal expectancies is allowable fame; whereas fame for being some bloke who teaches at the school down the road what happened to get stage 4 liver cancer, not so much.  

There’s also the level of accomplishment factor.  Lauren Hill played high school basketball.  Period.  Only ‘played’ in a college game after and because of the cancer discovery.  Disallowed!

Andrew Smith played collegiate basketball (a level up) and part of a Final Four team, one that was a ‘Cinderella Story’ to boot.  Allowed!

If you can’t make that distinction you’re in for a long long LONG exasperating time here at DL.

SC

21 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Sounds like someone is confusing likelihood of dying from ailment (forbidden) with likelihood of dying because we presume they are appproaching the end of life cycle (allowed).  The ‘fame’ achieved through the unlikely continuation of life well beyond normal expectancies is allowable fame; whereas fame for being some bloke who teaches at the school down the road what happened to get stage 4 liver cancer, not so much.  

There’s also the level of accomplishment factor.  Lauren Hill played high school basketball.  Period.  Only ‘played’ in a college game after and because of the cancer discovery.  Disallowed!

Andrew Smith played collegiate basketball (a level up) and part of a Final Four team, one that was a ‘Cinderella Story’ to boot.  Allowed!

If you can’t make that distinction you’re in for a long long LONG exasperating time here at DL.

SC

That sounds like supercentenarians should be allowed on the list on grounds of age alone because of the fame that that age brings with it.

If that were true, then why not just replace the entire DeathList with this page?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_oldest_living_people

Surely you would end up with more hits?

IMHO a supercentenarian would have to have done something more than simply be old to get on the list. Was Jeanne Calment ever on the DeathList?

Shivakumara Swami developed a strong fever yesterday, but now he has already recovered.

15 minutes ago, drol said:

Shivakumara Swami developed a strong fever yesterday, but now he has already recovered.

111-year-old with an 11-year-old's immune system.

14 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

111-year-old with an 11-year-old's immune system.

Actually this guy is extraordinary. I think very few people on this world could have survived what he's gone through. People like him, general Anh, Li Rui, Overton and others in the like should be criogenically frozen to be studied for ethernity. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

111-year-old claimant with an 11-year-old's immune system.

FTFY

• Like 1

1545651502-028.png

Appears only on video and looks unrecognizable even by his standards.

15 minutes ago, drol said:

1545651502-028.png

Appears only on video and looks unrecognizable even by his standards.

I mean obviously a supercentenarian would be exceptionally lucky to look anything other than well past their best, but that really is now just a small, diminishing mass of broken, discoloured skin. Poor sod.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I mean obviously a supercentenarian would be exceptionally lucky to look anything other than well past their best, but that really is now just a small, diminishing mass of broken, discoloured skin. Poor sod.

Aye, but give it just over a week and lucky us, eh?

• Like 1

No, he will see 112. Don't forget who he is.

• Like 1

No one allowed to see Shivakumara Swamiji for 20 days; devotees are growingly worried.

• Like 1

Bit of a stank after 3 days.

Swami is currently bedridden, on oxygen and fed through nasal cannula only. He is receiving visits from a seers of other Mutts and a road in Tumakuru has been named after him. His junior seer insists he's healthy, but admits he won't be seen in public for a long time.

• Like 1

Somehow Swami Sree Sree Shivermetimbers is a potential solo hit for me in ABC DP, letter S.  S stands for SMH at that.

Hospitalized.

EDIT: If Google translate is right he's on ventilator.