the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

I am not sure the committee will put Soros on unless he becomes terminally ill or extremely old - partly to stop it getting involved in the political discussions linked to him.

Same with Ruth Bader Gingsburg unless she announces she terminally ill or makes it into her 90's.

Linda Robson struggling to sleep , exhibiting erratic behaviour and the police have been called twice to her home. That usually means psychosis, mental health problems or dementia is starting to show its effects. Could be one to keep at eye on for 2020.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjG9_mv2dnfAhVCzRoKHWdGA1MQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-6561419%2FLinda-Robsons-family-reach-breaking-point-police-called-home-erratic-behaviour.html&psig=AOvVaw0kXR_jwlxnF12Uo8-gl1rk&ust=1546882733441437

Willie Nelson

Rosalynn Carter

Carol Channing

Angela Lansbury

John Williams

Bill Cosby

Michael Schumacher

Max Von Sydow

Roman Reigns

Hal Holbrook

• Like 1

Michael Douglas didn’t look or sound well at the Golden Globes. One to watch IMO.

6 hours ago, MadMac said:

Michael Douglas didn’t look or sound well at the Golden Globes. One to watch IMO.

What are you fucking talking about he looked and sounded just fine and apparently just won a Golden fucking globe ya retarded cock knob.  Oral diarrhea.

Michael DID however mention his ‘102-year old father Kirk’ you may want to focus on.

Im sorry that was a teesy belligerent.  I meant to say ‘how was it he looked and sounded poorly’?

• Haha 1

Niki Lauda's stacking up the health issues and might well be a regular news story with hospital admissions going forward. Come a long way since the last rites in 1976, but unlikely to see very old age.

• Like 1

Surely a few famous old wrestlers have to pop their clogs soon? 

Vince McMahon is 73

Rick Flair is 69 

Jerry Lawler is 69

These are young(ish) ages and the guys are still muscly as fuck/look fit but surely there could be some heart attacks looming.

To be fair, if you are willing to look at some more obscure ones, there are some good codgers out there (although I have had to take care that they are not just famous for being old wrestlers :) :

Carlos Rocha - nearly 92 -first portuguese wrestler to wrestle in WWWF

‘cowboy’ Bob Ellis - 89 -inventor of the bulldog wrestling move 

Im new to this so this may not be valid ?

please enlighten me oh death predicting demons :) 

Also, been in the news lately about Billy Connolly playing the banjo and apologising for depressing people with his outlook on having parkinson’s.. could be an outsider..

16 hours ago, Master Tech said:

Surely a few famous old wrestlers have to pop their clogs soon? 

Vince McMahon is 73

Ric Flair is 69 

Jerry Lawler is 69

Vince is indeed 73 and apparently in above-average health for his years, but has been known to indulge in some "supplements", if you get my drift.

Flair is reportedly back on the booze.

Lawler was actually clinically dead for 20 minutes some years ago and probably only survived by having a cardiac arrest at an event with paramedics on the premises and having it in Montreal, home to one of the top five coronary care facilities in the world. He's apparently heeded the warning and has taken decent care of himself since. Gut feeling is that Lawler's the last man standing of the three.

• Like 2

French New Wave Director Jean Douchet  who turns 90 on Jan 19

r,360,480,1-cf0688.jpg

3 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Mon free speech

Oh. 

*waves farewell to Deathers*

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

We've lost one Ron Smith today, why not replace him with another? Ron Smith, mayor of Sparks, Nevada, battling pancan.

Dude.......
Cup competition coming up.... 

cmon man.  I found 3 gems yesterday, why not just post the other two as well?  (actually Ron Smith is a long term play, but still....needn't be discussed on the boards)

I take it you aren't playing in the Cup or you aren't taking it seriously -- not when you give up names like that.

• Like 1

Dear All,

New to this forum- some thoughts below:

HRH Duke of Edinburgh

Billy Connolly 

Terrance Dicks (former script editor on Doctor Who)

Dame Joan Plowright (Lady Olivier)

Lady Pamela Hicks 

Bob Hawke

Dame Angela Lansbury

Lady Avon (Clarissa Eden)

Lord Douglas Hurd

Jill Knight

Barry Cryer

Nicholas Parsons

• Like 3

Clint eastwood dick cheney walter mondale tina turner

Raymond Briggs, Peter Mayhew, Ralph Lauren, Karl Lagerfeld, Kris Kristofferson, Donald Sutherland, Nichelle Nichols, Judith Krantz, Marion Ross and Joan Plowright 

Robert Solow

Watching that programme about 20th Century icons, and Marilyn Monroe photographer Douglas Kirkland will be 85 this year but sounds 20 years older.

Boris Johnson doesn't look at all well in recent footage. Nothing trivial, I hope!

Summat that I found staggering when it read it this morning

Veteran crooner Jess Conrad (coming up 83 next month and still breathing) - once played in goal for Carlisle United. Can't imagine anyone giving a shit about the goal-keeping so here's a nice publicity shot of Jess to remind us he's old, obitable and still in the land of the living

He's also avoided DDP selection this year!

800px-Jess_Conrad_OBE_2017.jpg

• Like 2

On 19/01/2019 at 16:32, maryportfuncity said:

Summat that I found staggering when it read it this morning

Veteran crooner Jess Conrad (coming up 83 next month and still breathing) - once played in goal for Carlisle United. Can't imagine anyone giving a shit about the goal-keeping so here's a nice publicity shot of Jess to remind us he's old, obitable and still in the land of the living

He's also avoided DDP selection this year!

800px-Jess_Conrad_OBE_2017.jpg

Aside from the horrible clothes if that’s a recent photo you would have to say he looks pretty good for his age. 

10 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Aside from the horrible clothes if that’s a recent photo you would have to say he looks pretty good for his age. 

Conrad played in a Carlisle celebrity team when he was 59 and his early publicity photos show him looking like a guy who spends ages in the gym. Last major public appearances were 2018's Last Laugh in Vegas along with other talents as big as...oohhh; Anita Harris.

Nowt on his website by way of 2019 engagements, mind

His dead pool appearances are slowly on the rise but it might be a timely reminder here that Gaston Glock still breathes and is approaching his 90th birthday in the summer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaston_Glock

Obit suitable for any dead pool a likely shoo-in even if summat else is kicking off big time on the day

• Like 1

Noam Chomsky is now into his nineties. Could be a candidate.

• Like 1