the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

27 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Good spot - cheers, straight into the DL Cup Squad for me, then - assuming I stumble into round two

Because he’s 98?  

22 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Because he’s 98?  

Yeah, and hot new talent

Seriously, if he's just emerged into dead pooling awareness I'd stick him in there and Google enough to see if there's any form indicators. I mean, obviously, he doesn't dislodge Marsh Pratley as joker without a struggle!

• Haha 1

haha i liked hot new talent let's just leave it there.  That works for me

Bernie Sanders is looking a little thin and drawn at the state of the union tonight. He is 77 years old now. One to watch for next year!

Keep an eye out on this one...

Actor and comedian Sam Lloyd, best known for appearing in Scrubs (a very famous television sitcom out here in the States), has been diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer, which has spread to his liver, spine, and jaw bone...

Stick a fork in him, he's done.  probably doesn't have a lot of time here left on this planet...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/scrubs-actor-sam-lloyd-given-devastating-cancer-diagnosis-200754730.html

• Like 2

Celine Dion looks extremely gaunt.  She looks more than simply being thin.  I know she's always denied anorexia rumors, but damned if I am not having Karen Carpenter flashbacks.  Ms. Carpenter was 32 when she died and looked 52, at least.  She looked like death.  Celine is 50, but take a look at her...she looks like she could be in her late 60's.  If it's not anorexia, maybe she's just sick.  All I know is that she does not look like a healthy human being.  And she has also had the stress of dealing with the deaths of her husband and brother in the recent past.  Could be one to watch.  

dion-skinny.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrWonderful said:

Celine Dion looks extremely gaunt.  She looks more than simply being thin.  I know she's always denied anorexia rumors, but damned if I am not having Karen Carpenter flashbacks.  Ms. Carpenter was 32 when she died and looked 52, at least.  She looked like death.  Celine is 50, but take a look at her...she looks like she could be in her late 60's.  If it's not anorexia, maybe she's just sick.  All I know is that she does not look like a healthy human being.  And she has also had the stress of dealing with the deaths of her husband and brother in the recent past.  Could be one to watch.  

dion-skinny.jpg

Is she auditioning for the next movie in the Alien franchise?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

Could be battling depression as well, rather than (or in conjunction w) anorexia.  She had a rough 2018 and wouldn't be surprised if she's still in a funk.

Right now I can think of four people with a legit claim to celebrity who are completely on the brink of death:

1)Frank Robinson (1935): Though they said it's not so grim as it seemed, he is still in the late stages of illness and it can't be long.

2)Walter Jones (1943): In hospice car officially for breaking his hip, but he probably suffered from cancer for a log period. He is lasting quite long.

3)Eusebio Pedroza (1953): In hospital with pancreatic cancer, so he won't get out alive. Still, putting up a good fight, currently "stable" according to family.

4)Sam Lloyd (1963): Probably in the worst situation a  man can be. It is not imminent, but he will never see summer.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, drol said:

Right now I can think of four people with a legit claim to celebrity who are completely on the brink of death:

1)Frank Robinson (1935): Though they said it's not so grim as it seemed, he is still in the late stages of illness and it can't be long.

2)Walter Jones (1943): In hospice car officially for breaking his hip, but he probably suffered from cancer for a log period. He is lasting quite long.

3)Eusebio Pedroza (1953): In hospital with pancreatic cancer, so he won't get out alive. Still, putting up a good fight, currently "stable" according to family.

4)Sam Lloyd (1963): Probably in the worst situation a  man can be. It is not imminent, but he will never see summer.

So what you're saying is I shouldn't be sharing the next Pedroza I find..... 
lol  Damn the Cup to hell!

On 04/02/2019 at 07:21, Putin said:

Who decides the people on the Deathlist actually, and why can only 25 of them come back next year again?

Presumably it would make it too easy if they could keep resubmitting everyone. It also requires more fresh blood each year. 

On 06/02/2019 at 19:20, drol said:

Very sad. He just became a father aswell. Sadly i agree, I don't think he'll even get close to 2020.

On 06/02/2019 at 21:40, Sir Creep said:

So what you're saying is I shouldn't be sharing the next Pedroza I find.....

Oh no, feel free! :D

On 06/02/2019 at 20:20, drol said:

76 today! :birthday:, last birthday to be more precise...

Eugenio Martin

The Spanish Film Director turns 95 next year.Directed a lot of B Spaghetti Westerns and  Horror Films in the 60's and 70's,his most known work is the Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing film "Horror Express"

Photojournalist Don McCullin has done a recent doc for the BBC about his career - Looking for England, still on Iplayer for next few weeks. Seems OK for 84, despite recent health woes, but a worthy reminder that he is still alive and a BBC obit cert.

His body is in pain now from arthritis and he has eye trouble, a curse for a photographer. Worse, he suffered a stroke in March 2009, and this restricts the energy he can devote to photography. A recent two-year project on Roman relics took a lot out of him. He had a bad fall and discovered four weeks later that he had punctured his lung. “I don’t dwell on it, I try to ward it off,” he says, talking of his health. “All I want is another five good years with my son, Max.”

Apparently there is a lot of coverage in the women's magazine of Judy Finnegan's 'brush with death' last Autumn after she began vomiting blood because she had taken too many SPAM to help with severe knee pain.

Is she worth an outside bet?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Apparently there is a lot of coverage in the women's magazine of Judy Finnegan's 'brush with death' last Autumn after she began vomiting blood because she had taken too many SPAM to help with severe knee pain.

Is she worth an outside bet?

I don't see her living to very old Bones but I am not sure, unless her health declines, that she would be a fair bet for the deathlist when people with severe dementia or extremely old miss out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LB93 said:

Just seen this - 

Asian games gold medallist and rising swimming star Rikako Ikee diagnosed with leukaemia.

18 and very fit so could put up a good fight

In the short term it'll save on buying swimming caps too

• Haha 1

Wrecking Crew member Bill Pitman turned 99 yesterday (or two days ago for those in the UK). He might be good for pools in the future...

Duchess of Kent needs to appear sometime. She is old and frail and well known. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Duchess of Kent needs to appear sometime. She is old and frail and well known. 

Unless you can add ill to that description then I wouldn't be putting her on a list for another 12 years at which point her risk of dying in the next 12 months rises above 25% (which would give list an average 12 or 13 hits.

Most 85 year olds are frail to some extent and you have to be well known to make the list (in theory) - famous old people should maybe be added to the list as fillers if the committee run out of famous ill people but they should be starting at centenarians and working downwards. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Unless you can add ill to that description then I wouldn't be putting her on a list for another 12 years at which point her risk of dying in the next 12 months rises above 25% (which would give list an average 12 or 13 hits.

Most 85 year olds are frail to some extent and you have to be well known to make the list (in theory) - famous old people should maybe be added to the list as fillers if the committee run out of famous ill people but they should be starting at centenarians and working downwards. 

In public appearances she look like she has some level of confusion or not quite with it.