the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

6 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

Beverly Hills 90210 star Luke Perry has been hospitalized after suffering a stroke.

I dunno what ages me faster tbh - Perry having a massive stroke and possibly dying, or Perry being FIFTY-TWO now! :o

• Haha 3

Sheldon Adelson, chairman of The Las Vegas Sands Corporation is in dire health according to his lawyer...

On 05/01/2019 at 21:07, Ulitzer95 said:

Chemist Stewart Adams OBE, inventor of ibu. profen., turns 97 in 2020.

Don’t think he’s ever been mentioned here before despite his significance.

EDIT: I notice ibu.profen. is a banned word on here so spaced it out to avoid censorship.

No longer a possibility for 2020.  (Dead)

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/909349?src=soc_tw_190225_mscpedt_news_pharm_ibuprofen&faf=1

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Aye, Ulitzer posted the obit at the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charon said:

Aye, Ulitzer posted the obit at the time.

Hmmm.  When I look up 'Stewart Adams', the original post is the only thing that pops up.  If he did leave an obit, it didn't include what I quoted.  Possibly a Twitter-linked message or something else which doesn't get scanned in a search.  

Nope, exactly the same as you. Quoted original post with a link to a paper without putting name in post.

Ie your first post doesn't show in search either.

1 hour ago, charon said:

Nope, exactly the same as you. Quoted original post with a link to a paper without putting name in post.

Ie your first post doesn't show in search either.

How many times have we told em.....
HOW MANY TIMES......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

How many times have we told em.....
HOW MANY TIMES......

Don't shout you're giving me a headache - now where's the ibu.profen........

• Haha 2

Well it's one of two reasons I BOLD all my celeb names in my obit postings.  The other is it's QUICK you can have your attention directed immediately to the name, no searching around.  Value added is my middle....well two middle...names.  

SirVAC

On 06/02/2019 at 13:20, drol said:

Right now I can think of four people with a legit claim to celebrity who are completely on the brink of death:

1)Frank Robinson (1935): Though they said it's not so grim as it seemed, he is still in the late stages of illness and it can't be long.

2)Walter Jones (1943): In hospice car officially for breaking his hip, but he probably suffered from cancer for a log period. He is lasting quite long.

3)Eusebio Pedroza (1953): In hospital with pancreatic cancer, so he won't get out alive. Still, putting up a good fight, currently "stable" according to family.

4)Sam Lloyd (1963): Probably in the worst situation a  man can be. It is not imminent, but he will never see summer.

Pedroza dead apparently according to this spanish translated article.... https://m.prensa.com/deportes/Fallece-Eusebio-Pedroza-excampeon-memorable_0_5229977035.html

• Like 1

On 28/02/2019 at 10:21, ajlposh said:

Beverly Hills 90210 star Luke Perry has been hospitalized after suffering a stroke.

Article outlining Perry’s health history before the stroke.

SC

18 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

OK, I know most folk gave up on my Shortlist post after 2 sentences, but from last year:

-          Kenny Richey (1964)  - Scot who was on Death Row in the US for 20 years, despite dodgy evidence. Got cleared in 2007, promptly became a raging alkie, got cancer, tried suicide several times and  had a breakdown. Now allegedly on the wagon, but has suffered a stroke and five heart attacks in the last few years! On borrowed time imo. 

Now here to add - only guy keeping him on that wagon has now cut ties with him and chucked him out from a "clean up place for folk in Richey's spot".

Dick Dale battling heart failure and other ailments as posted on his wife's Facebook page

Here's a short list of people who can not be scientifically alive. 

1)Monica Vitti (1931): Ok, 23 years with Alzheimer's. I believe she has been dead for at least ten years.

2)Joanne Woodward (1930): she was in the last stages in 2015. Unbelievable.

3)Nobby Stiles (1942): Not only his dementia was so advanced he could barely speak, but he also has prostate cancer. How the hell is he still going?

4)Sumner Redstone (1923): Another one who has fought dementia since he was a wean.

5)Mustafa ben Halim (1921): Science suggests you can not be so fat and nearly 100.

6)Stirling Moss (1929): He was believed to be dying a year ago. No public appearances since....

7)Le Duc... oh, why am I wasting my time here?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, drol said:

Here's a short list of people who can not be scientifically alive. 

8)Joe Vento (1918?): If to be believed re: medical condition, 100+ and pancreatic cancer at least a year now.

Francis Quinn

All right Admins & Mods, someone banish the cock-knob.  No him ^^^ , not me! :)

12 minutes ago, cahyadi wahono said:

Die is die...and being land. sleep..sleep ...until we find the creator just it. now we search who is the creator.

the creator of us. Not god but the creator.

1. the answer is can we build the genesis, example in mars?

why all of us (body, flesh, meat bone and blood) afraid going to moon again.

2. the answer of number 1 is, is there artificial intelligence outside the earth?

example in mars: there are so much water and water.

3. the answer of number 2, there is artificial intelligence outside earth that we must find it, her or his or him.

4. the answer of number 3, is the artificial intelligence depends on us whoze size should be more than our sperm or what we have been playing with genesis in earth now

Bladan, is that you?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Bladan, is that you?

My first thought was "bring back the moomintroll avatar".

Didn't realize Bladen was banished, but it's not common discussion around here who (not named Deathray) is on the hot seat at any given time, so I don't make it my business, not being in a position to do shite about it.  I also notice no tendencies/characteristics of posters, meh I just read the content I guess.  Only been able to do that skill twice, and once was Zorders when he was painfully obvious; the other was a PM under a secondary profile.
SC

Hmmmm.

I 'like' SLF.

First ever gig in 1982.

I'm sure Henry's travails have been mentioned on here before but Jake has no neck in the space of a month or two.

53695316_10155881343932096_5131357673761

* Did 6/7/8 St Paddy's at the Barrows but not been in a while, but that is a shit load of beef to put on in a very short time.

I await the pictures from this one with interest.

:sherlock: