the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

3 hours ago, charon said:

Hmmmm.

I 'like' SLF.

First ever gig in 1982.

I'm sure Henry's travails have been mentioned on here before but Jake has no neck in the space of a month or two.

53695316_10155881343932096_5131357673761

* Did 6/7/8 St Paddy's at the Barrows but not been in a while, but that is a shit load of beef to put on in a very short time.

I await the pictures from this one with interest.

:sherlock:

Jake admits he has piled on the pounds over the years. Part of that is due to depression.

No, this is recent phantom. Very.

6 hours ago, charon said:

No, this is recent phantom. Very.

I know. His weight isn't the main issue.

His asthma is of more concern as he needed the paramedics to be called after a short walk to the pub just a couple of weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

Another Cheltenham week... surely this will be the one where Alan Brazil's arteries and/or liver finally go "fuck this shit"? A picture from earlier today, for form-studying purposes.

D1Z78RoXcAAWIFp.jpg:large

Dave Rainford from Eggheads - has been absent from the current series due to 'illness', but he still appears in the show's opening credits.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2019 at 15:45, Banana said:

Francis Quinn

What he is still alive?:P

On 04/03/2019 at 15:00, drol said:

Here's a short list of people who can not be scientifically alive. 

1)Monica Vitti (1931): Ok, 23 years with Alzheimer's. I believe she has been dead for at least ten years.

2)Joanne Woodward (1930): she was in the last stages in 2015. Unbelievable.

3)Nobby Stiles (1942): Not only his dementia was so advanced he could barely speak, but he also has prostate cancer. How the hell is he still going?

4)Sumner Redstone (1923): Another one who has fought dementia since he was a wean.

5)Mustafa ben Halim (1921): Science suggests you can not be so fat and nearly 100.

6)Stirling Moss (1929): He was believed to be dying a year ago. No public appearances since....

7)Le Duc... oh, why am I wasting my time here?

Yeah Vitti is puzzling me .Unless she has another form of dementia Similar to Prunella Scales who has also had dementia nearly 2 decades.

With regards to Stiles and Woodward they are outliers but just because someone is in the last stages of dementia doesn`t mean they are necessarily near death.As long as you can take on food and fluids and are being changed and turned in bed regularly and have no other health problems like aspiration hypertension diabetes recurrent UTI`s and chest infections you can go on for many years.Like I say it is rare but I have heard of it.I knew a lady in my Grandad¬s nursing home who just lied in bed unresponsive after have dementia several years with her mouth wide open for over a decade.No recognition of anyone. She still chewed  food and swallowed fluids when placed in her mouth hence how she carried on.It was heartbreaking her family used to do Birthday and Christmas parties in her room even though she had lost her ability to communicate or react to them at all.

Also in regards to Stiles prostate cancer is a very slow growing disease in men and can take decades to kill you if something else doesn`t get there first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sean said:

1)Monica Vitti (1931): Ok, 23 years with Alzheimer's. I believe she has been dead for at least ten years.

2)Joanne Woodward (1930): she was in the last stages in 2015. Unbelievable.

3)Nobby Stiles (1942): Not only his dementia was so advanced he could barely speak, but he also has prostate cancer. How the hell is he still going?

4)Sumner Redstone (1923): Another one who has fought dementia since he was a wean.

5)Mustafa ben Halim (1921): Science suggests you can not be so fat and nearly 100.

6)Stirling Moss (1929): He was believed to be dying a year ago. No public appearances since....

7)Le Duc... oh, why am I wasting my time here? 

another one who's had dementia for a while: John Hume.

On Sunday, March 03, 2019 at 06:55, Phantom said:

Dick Dale battling heart failure and other ailments as posted on his wife's Facebook page

One of the other ailments is gallstones

On 13/03/2019 at 14:57, JQW said:

Dave Rainford from Eggheads - has been absent from the current series due to 'illness', but he still appears in the show's opening credits.

Thinking about this a bit more, he's only been absent from the show since sometime in January, and although there's five episodes a week most weeks, they most likely film around that number of episodes a day. He may have only missed a couple of weeks of filming, so it could be nothing more than a bad cold.

Doris F. Fisher Creator and Co-Owner of popular 80's/90's clothing store "The Gap" . Turns 89 next year and has kept a low profile the last few years

• Like 1

Anybody got info on Alfred Hitchcocks daughter Patricia?

She is 91 this year.

Just wondering, like.

Also wanted to note that the average age of today deaths (of people who have wiki page) is 61 and yesterday it was 70. When you are old you are immortal...

20 hours ago, drol said:

Also wanted to note that the average age of today deaths (of people who have wiki page) is 61 and yesterday it was 70. When you are old you are immortal...

Caught the end of an interview on Today (Radio Four) a couple of weeks back in which a guy from a financial firm with an interest in pensions (amongst other speculations) made it clear that the forecasts from years ago have proven wrong. Back then the pensions industry considered longer life a given because the curve was ever upward. Wall to wall junk food diets and increased bad decision making from some (notably heavy recreational drinking in middle age and the die-hard smokers hanging on despite the advice) has led to life expectancy flat-lining and even going down in the socio-economic sink holes of the UK. So, it's the generation that survived rationing that are likely to go on - the Findus Foods kids of the 70's will likely keel over somewhere around their 60th birthday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 01/08/2018 at 06:57, charon said:

Nephew of Big Fat Gypsy Wedding star Paddy Doherty, Mikey Connors dead at 32.

Goes in the traditional pikey way, crashing his horse and cart into a car whilst racing.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/01/man-crashed-horse-cart-car-nephew-big-fat-gypsy-wedding-star-7785189/

Doherty himself may not be a bad idea in the near future, as he’s battling prostate cancer...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Veteran singer Avant only has 6 months to live...

March......+ 6 months = not 2020......

So even if true, wrong fucking place :)

• Thanks 1

This one saddens me deeply. 

Danny Amis aka Daddy-O Grande from Los Straitjackets cancer has returned. He begins chemotherapy tomorrow. 

Since he now lives in Mexico where they have universal health care, he won't have to declare himself bankrupt as he did about 7 years ago. 

As fun as they are with the bands that get involved, I hate it when we have to hold benefit gig to raise money to pay for someone's medical fees.

7 hours ago, charon said:

March......+ 6 months = not 2020......

So even if true, wrong fucking place :)

Right on -- plus presuming it's truth when Joey posted, it makes him a cunt as I stated elsewhere.  
I may not make the rules around here, but you'll fuck well follow them.
Along those lines charon they are called PMs for a reason.  They are deeply P.   Please open and respond or I'll be forced to post random Jerky Boyz youtube clips and none of us want that.
SC

18 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Some 99 year old (today) Fanny

Obitable by the looks of things - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_Waterman

You ever heard of the pioneering all girl rock group Fanny, MPFC?  Would be good to have some Fanny on your show, so to speak :)

16 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

You ever heard of the pioneering all girl rock group Fanny, MPFC?  Would be good to have some Fanny on your show, so to speak :)

You're clearly not a regular listener then DDT!

Played a track from Fanny Walked the Earth (i.e. the 2018 re-incarnation of that band) a few weeks ago.

• Like 1