the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

May not have shown signs of bad health, but David Spearing who has been in the players box of Wimbledon for the last 43 years I think is around 83/84 and may not have a few years left. Need to see how he is when watching Wimbledon this year.

Time for some deep mainly-for-personal-interest research... how about wine critic Robert Parker Jr.?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_M._Parker_Jr.

Apparently, the most importnat wine critic in history, and sometimes called the most influential critic of everything, everywhere.

http://www.vinography.com/archives/2019/05/wine_critic_robert_m_parker_jr.html

At 71, he retired last month from his company and his brand, after having had back surgery recently.

Another article talks about a knee replacement, and a hip replacement "that needed to be repaired". Also, a "failed spinal fusion five years ago that left him without the functional use of his left foot"

https://www.baltimoremagazine.com/2018/10/15/robert-parker-ages-like-fine-wine

Sounds like a quick unraveling.

Four ailing utterly despicable businessmen who seem simply unsinkable:

1)Stanley Ho (1921): Macao billionaire and Hong Kong Mafia associate. Suffered a serious stroke in 2009 and in February 2019 he was admitted to ICU with organ failure, which his family minimized. 

2)Shin Kyuk-ho (1922): South Korean founder of Lotte Corporation, he appears to be uber-frail and wheelchair bound. in 2017 he was sentenced to prison for embezzling 119 million dollars, but remained free due to "failing health".

3)Sumner Redstone (1923): The CEO of Viacom and a Jewish gangster. Has suffered from dementia for years. 

4)John Rigas (1924) founder of Adelphia and convicted fraudster. Terminally ill with bladder cancer in 2015. Then healed when released from prison.

Well, these people could ask themselves what could they do for this world, and find an easy answer.

• Like 2

These two names if they make 2020 should have some consideration for the 2020 list: Beverly Cleary and Cloris Leachman

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Swagmasta said:

These two names if they make 2020 should have some consideration for the 2020 list: Beverly Cleary and Cloris Leachman

Outside of Dr. Seuss,Roald Dahl and maybe Laura Ingalls,Cleary sold more Childrens Books in America during the 20th century then any other Author's. Should have been on already

• Like 2

While I would love him to be immortal, I think Nicholas Parsons should go on the list. He will be 96 in October.

• Like 2

Tom Heinsohn-Hall Of Famer who won multiple titles with the Boston Celtics as a player and coach turns 85 in August.Dude is obese and has had to take time off his radio announcing job with the Celtics for health issues the last few years. Most likely to be the next big name Geriatric Boston Celtics death.

On 06/06/2019 at 09:45, YoungWillz said:

Big Wreck will honour guitarist Brian Doherty, who died earlier this month, with a special show in his adopted hometown of Sarnia, Ont.

“Brian started Big Wreck with Ian [Thornley] in their dorm in Boston and his passing is a profound loss to us all,” read a statement from the band following Doherty’s death on June 6. “He was a good soul who will be missed by all who knew him personally or through the beautiful music he performed.”

SC

On 13/06/2019 at 19:14, CaptainChorizo said:

Outside of Dr. Seuss,Roald Dahl and maybe Laura Ingalls,Cleary sold more Childrens Books in America during the 20th century then any other Author's. Should have been on already

I am honestly surprised she hasn't been on any lists yet, I keep suggesting that name in the possibility forums ever since either 2015 or 2016 and she hasn't been on.

6 minutes ago, Swagmasta said:

I am honestly surprised she hasn't been on any lists yet, I keep suggesting that name in the possibility forums ever since either 2015 or 2016 and she hasn't been on.

Well that would have been a miss in 2016, a miss in 2017, a miss in 2018 and 2019?

I presume this is not your application to join the Committee.:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Big Wreck will honour guitarist Brian Doherty, who died earlier this month, with a special show in his adopted hometown of Sarnia, Ont.

“Brian started Big Wreck with Ian [Thornley] in their dorm in Boston and his passing is a profound loss to us all,” read a statement from the band following Doherty’s death on June 6. “He was a good soul who will be missed by all who knew him personally or through the beautiful music he performed.”

SC

Cheers, me and my dad are huge Big Wreck fans so we're probably travelling a province over to see this show and pay tribute to him. Hopefully Ian doesnt make an ass out of himself as he usually does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Cheers, me and my dad are huge Big Wreck fans so we're probably travelling a province over to see this show and pay tribute to him. Hopefully Ian doesnt make an ass out of himself as he usually does.

tbh I knew nothing of them, but deadpooling does bring one aware of people they would otherwise know not.  So have been listening to some songs since Doherty's departure, and I like it.  Not what I expected at all, in a good way.
SC

Here's Brian Doherty kicking some ass.  Wish I'd have heard of him/them earlier.

Legendary jockey Randy Romero has about a year left to live if he doesn't receive a new liver:

http://www.nola.com/horseracing/index.ssf/2015/06/legendary_jockey_randy_romero_1.html

If that doesn't kill him, the newly discovered tumour in his stomach might. Or his hepatitis C. Or his failing kidneys. Or the aftereffects of his numerous surgeries.

Well, he lasted through all that but he won’t be around for much longer, as Randy Romero has entered hospice care.

18 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, he lasted through all but won’t be around for much longer, as Randy Romero has entered hospice care.

@Boudicca !!!

Oooo and his hospice care is in Louisiana right by my house!!!!!

I won't be home in time to get him to make a short video 'Boudicca, this is Randy Romero.  Good luck with me on your July Cup team'.  I'm SURE he would capitulate!  I just would explain it was something else.  "Aye, Mr. Romero, Boudicca is friend's name, and Cup is she bets on horse racing and could be first girly girl to win the competition'.  "Well by God, Sir Creep, I WILL make the video!"

All for not.
SC 

• Haha 2

Harry Mockett, 20, an up-and-coming UK musician, was diagnosed with a brain tumour last year, but overcame it for now and has just released his first EP (straight to the BBC Introducing playlist):

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/people/northampton-singer-is-hoping-for-big-break-a-year-after-brain-tumour-diagnosis-1-8967727

Could he become the Billy Clayton of 2020?

Well, at least 7 heavyweight names doing not too good right now:

1)Andrea Camilleri (1925): still on life support after suffering a heart attack. What chances of recovery for an obese-94 year old chainsmoker?

2)Gigi Simoni (1939): Italian football legend, probably on life support after suffering a heart attack. Rumors that he had died were floating around on Tuesday, but family denied it. According to his family, his condition is "very critical".

3)Balbir Singh Sr. (1923/24) The Hockey legend has been in hospital for more than a week and has now been shifted presumably to Chandigarh ICU where he spent 108 days this winter. This guy has been bedridden and dependant on oxygen for the past 8 months.

4)Hussain Muhammad Ershad (1930): the former dictator of Bangladesh is now in critical conditions for liver complications and a number of other ailments. Will probably fly to Singapore today if he makes it.

5)Beji Caid Essebsi (1926): Seriously ill after suffering a "health crysis" this morning. Already hospitalized last week but was "fine".

6)Sir Everton Weekes (1925): In critical condition after suffering heart attack last night.

7)Zaheen Tahira (1949): Pakistani screen legend (but the "who the fuck is she?" person of the bunch), on life support after suffering heart attack. Rumoured to have died this morning, but family denied.

Never seen something like that before. Clean sheet after a little more than a year.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2019 at 08:43, drol said:

Well, at least 7 heavyweight names doing not too good right now:

1)Andrea Camilleri (1925): still on life support after suffering a heart attack. What chances of recovery for an obese-94 year old chainsmoker?

2)Gigi Simoni (1939): Italian football legend, probably on life support after suffering a heart attack. Rumors that he had died were floating around on Tuesday, but family denied it. According to his family, his condition is "very critical".

3)Balbir Singh Sr. (1923/24) The Hockey legend has been in hospital for more than a week and has now been shifted presumably to Chandigarh ICU where he spent 108 days this winter. This guy has been bedridden and dependant on oxygen for the past 8 months.

4)Hussain Muhammad Ershad (1930): the former dictator of Bangladesh is now in critical conditions for liver complications and a number of other ailments. Will probably fly to Singapore today if he makes it.

5)Beji Caid Essebsi (1926): Seriously ill after suffering a "health crysis" this morning. Already hospitalized last week but was "fine".

6)Sir Everton Weekes (1925): In critical condition after suffering heart attack last night.

7)Zaheen Tahira (1949): Pakistani screen legend (but the "who the fuck is she?" person of the bunch), on life support after suffering heart attack. Rumoured to have died this morning, but family denied.

Never seen something like that before.

And here are updates:

Balbir Singh: visited by Governor, doctors say he is recovering.

Ershad: Brother said he is improving and recovering.

Essebsi: Counsellor says he is stable and recovering.

Weekes: Situation was exaggerated from the start, they don't even know if he suffered a heart attack.

Tahira: Son says she is recovering and will be taken off life support this evening.

Only smoke, no fire.

58 minutes ago, drol said:

And here are updates:

Balbir Singh: visited by Governor, doctors say he is recovering.

Ershad: Brother said he is improving and recovering.

Essebsi: Counsellor says he is stable and recovering.

Weekes: Situation was exaggerated from the start, they don't even know if he suffered a heart attack.

Tahira: Son says she is recovering and will be taken off life support this evening.

Only smoke, no fire.

Don't buy that. Relatives and representatives always try and stay positive. Means the media's round the clock "death watch" doesn't intensify. 

I imagine at least one of them will be gone before the week is out. 2-3 of them in a few months.

• Like 1

I would agree. I still wonder which 90% of the Beth Chapman reports were fake news from Dog's point of view. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, drol said:

And here are updates:

Azreen Manan STILL awaiting an English language obit

FWIW 

Probably not in the obitable zone, but interesting to see how long he lasts:

"Former New York "Disco Icon" disc jockey Paco Navarro has dementia, Alzheimer's and pancreatic cancer:

https://celebrityaccess.com/2019/06/25/74648/

9 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Probably not in the obitable zone, but interesting to see how long he lasts:

"Former New York "Disco Icon" disc jockey Paco Navarro has dementia, Alzheimer's and pancreatic cancer:

https://celebrityaccess.com/2019/06/25/74648/

*liver cancer

also stage 4

Ershad-Rawshon.jpg

Mr Ershad

बलबà¥à¤° सिà¤à¤¹ सà¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤¯à¤° सॠमिलॠराà¤à¥à¤¯à¤ªà¤¾à¤²

Mr Balbir

Both said to be "recovering quickly and headed towards full recovery".

8 hours ago, Banana said:

*liver cancer

also stage 4

Yes, bad journalism.