the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

On 25/07/2019 at 20:00, Joey Russ said:

Twat Jeffrey Epstein has been found injured in his cell.

Dead.  How convenient for large amounts of evil scum.  Add another to the Clinton body count and who knows maybe Trump too. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/10/jeffrey-epstein-dead-prison-report-latest

• Thanks 1

So, friend of a friend stuff but...

Ray Davies left a pub by the back door and re-entered via the front, apparently forgetting where he'd just come from. Hadn't had that much to drink. Overheard on a train so no idea of the quality of this information

Picked up on this from the Hollywood Possibilities thread, so hat tip to Sir Creep and alt obits guy for this.  They were commenting on Ryan O'Neal, and I think he would make a lot of sense as a 2020 pick.  He's 78 and has had a laundry list of health issues, some of which are mentioned in this LA Times article from June that I came across.  It also features a picture of O'Neal and his son Patrick (a local sportscaster here in Southern California), and you can see that he's pretty frail.  The article also mentions that his friends apparently thought it "might be it" six months prior.  

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-ryan-oneal-boxing-20190614-story.html

What about Arnold Schwarzenegger and/or Sylvester Stallone for the 2020?

1 hour ago, MrWonderful said:

The article also mentions that his friends apparently thought it "might be it" six months prior. 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-ryan-oneal-boxing-20190614-story.html

Physically frail? Yeah, insists the former box-office beast, after battling various health issues: diabetes, leukemia (remission), a bad heart, a bum shoulder, sepsis.

Six months ago, friends called his famed costar Ali MacGraw to warn her: This might be it.

It wasn’t it.

My guess is the sepsis, because that can be very sudden and very serious. 

I know two people who have been struck down by sepsis.  One is a very fit indomitable chap in his 80s who bounced back.  Quick admission to hospital (he passed out in the doctor's surgery) and immediate treatment seems to be the key.

The other guy is much younger and has not been so lucky, he's recovered but been debilitated for months. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/08/15/detroit-tigers-jay-allen-pa-announcer-cancer/2016971001/. Announcer Jay Allen has been diagnosed with stage 4 bile duct cancer with lung and liver metastases. Am I posting it in a right thread? If he makes it to next year, he'll be picked as joker by many DDP teams.

4 hours ago, Etushispushingupdaisies said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/08/15/detroit-tigers-jay-allen-pa-announcer-cancer/2016971001/. Announcer Jay Allen has been diagnosed with stage 4 bile duct cancer with lung and liver metastases. Am I posting it in a right thread? If he makes it to next year, he'll be picked as joker by many DDP teams.

He will on my Made In Detroit theme team 

• Like 1

Hmm... How about Julie Gibson, she’s 105, and she’s frail and old. Just a suggestion.

Vittorio Pellandra 78

The oldest man to play a Davis Cup tennis match,which he did for San Marino in a dead rubber doubles match in 2007

The British Shirley Temple, Hazel Ascot, is still alive at age 91. She might be the only living actor/actress with a leading role in a British pre-war film. Dunno how prominent Leslie Phillips & Glynis Johns' parts were during that time period.

https://vimeo.com/235827757

On 14/08/2019 at 14:04, Deadpool said:

Yea but what are their policies and who's the VP? 

Just seen a couple of clips of the Jade Goody documentary.Her mother Jackiey Bidden really looks and sounds as though she hasn't got too long left.

On 14/08/2019 at 15:04, Deadpool said:

More likely I would suggest Slys mother Jackie Stallone. She will be 98 in November and is a (D-list-) celebrity in her own right.

Writer (currently with The Independent I think) Deborah Orr's breast cancer has returned after ten years and has spread to her bones, plus is going for a brain scan at the beginning of September. Says "It can be treated but not cured", describes herself on Twitter as "critically ill" and has very little energy at the moment.  Treatment for it not started yet as she's about to move to Brighton. Ex-husband Will Self is being a complete shit as usual, though I can't remember the last time she said a good word about him.

The four high profile celebrities that the media and tabloids are keeping an eye out right now are Larry King, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Olivia Newton-John, and Eddie Money.  I am sure there are others, but the tabloids are likely zoning in on those four.  

• Thanks 1

Looks like the indomitable William Frankland is starting to run out of steam. The 107 finally moved into a care home a few months ago due to frail health, though he still writes. This piece by the Church Times confirms Frankland is now lives at The Charterhouse Infirmary, residency of which is for end of life patients. :skull:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, msc said:

Looks like the indomitable William Frankland is starting to run out of steam. The 107 finally moved into a care home a few months ago due to frail health, though he still writes. This piece by the Church Times confirms Frankland is now lives at The Charterhouse Infirmary, residency of which is for end of life patients. :skull:

One of those tidbits I never realized till recently was that both living guaranteed QO names left from 1912 (Roberta McCain the other) are surviving halves of a pair of twins.

• Like 5

On 24/08/2019 at 02:23, MrWonderful said:

Posted this in the Rock thread, but Eddie Money was apparently diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer late last year.  If he makes it to 2020, he seems like a very good choice as an entry for people in their contests.  

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/24/eddie-money-diagnosed-stage-4-esophageal-cancer/

80's Legends keep dying this decade it is so sad. After him it might be Olivia Newton John