the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

On 14/08/2019 at 06:04, Deadpool said:

What about Arnold Schwarzenegger and/or Sylvester Stallone for the 2020?

Arnold is not eligable to be President since he was born outside Usa

And Rocky hasn't got a fighting chance without Duke(who passed away in 2016) in his corner as Manager

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Death Impends said:

End looks very near for Randy Romero: https://www.horseraceinsider.com/romero-nears-his-end/

Damn.  This really, really sucks.  I remember him being aboard Go For Wand in the 1990 Breeders Cup Distaff race, which was genuinely one of the saddest things I've ever witnessed in sports, Go For Wand's breakdown.  (Romero himself suffered a fractured pelvis and several ribs in the fall.)  I was 12 years old and it brought me to tears.  It would have at any age, though.  Sounds like a certain 2020 pick, if he makes it.  

Just shown Lawrie Mcmenemy on Bt sport really starting to look his age and Danny Wallace in a wheelchair I think he has M.E. two to keep an eye on.

Hisashi Shinma-The 84 year Japanese Booker who was  Kayfabe President(Basically the On Air Authority Figure) of WWE from 1978-84 before the incompetent crook Jack Tunney

Damn, Grim Reaper missed out on a major high profile celebrity.

Kevin Hart survives a MAJOR car crash.  He had not survived, he easily would have been the Most Shocking Celebrity Death of 2019 and would have probably been the highest profile celebrity to die this year.  

Death squandered its opportunity here...

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/01/kevin-hart-car-accident-malibu-off-road-passengers-trapped/

25 minutes ago, BCAlum2000 said:

Damn, Grim Reaper missed out on a major high profile celebrity.

Kevin Hart survives a MAJOR car crash.  He had not survived, he easily would have been the Most Shocking Celebrity Death of 2019 and would have probably been the highest profile celebrity to die this year.  

Death squandered its opportunity here...

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/01/kevin-hart-car-accident-malibu-off-road-passengers-trapped/

Still has major back injuries. People should seen the car or what's left of it.Absolute miracle he survived!He could end up para or quadriplegic from that . Infections ,strokes and heart attacks not uncommon with back injuries because the amount of nerves there. 

Screenshot_20190901_215111.thumb.jpg.2d078efc5ed679259082a2f82c963ac7.jpg

Jill Gascoine should reappear for 2020 

I would definitely like to see Sean Connery and Tony Bennett return.  Both would be a massive miss if they are not on the list

• Like 1

On 31/08/2019 at 13:36, Fergie86 said:

Just shown Lawrie Mcmenemy on Bt sport really starting to look his age and Danny Wallace in a wheelchair I think he has M.E. two to keep an eye on.

Thought Lawrie looked decent for his age. Certainly a lot better than poor old Danny Wallace. 

Henry Sandon, former Antiques Roadshow expert was on Bargain Hunt today.  He was looking very good for his age, but he is 91 so worth a consideration

• Like 1

On 03/09/2019 at 12:45, Wee Jum said:

Henry Sandon, former Antiqes Roadshow expert was on Bargain Hunt today.  He was looking very good for his age, but he is 91 so worth a consideration

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 12:45, Wee Jum said:

Henry Sandon, former Antiques Roadshow expert was on Bargain Hunt today.  He was looking very good for his age, but he is 91 so worth a consideration

10 hours ago, Sean said:

Didn't he used to be on antiques roadshow?

:scratchhead:

I'm going for yes.:sherlock: :biggrin:

• Haha 4

I had been drinking too much late last night.

Started my birthday celebrations early.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7429863/Britney-Spears-reveals-new-brunette-hairdo-amid-family-drama-ex-Kevin-Federline-father.html

Britney Spears looks terrible.   She has struggled with mental health issues for the past several years and her career has stagnated.

One I would keep an eye out.  We still really haven't had a major young celebrity death for a while so I predict the Grim Reaper is looking to shock everybody soon.  Every year, there is usually 1 or 2 major celebrities who die real young and which shocks the nation.  Granted, this year we had Cameron Boyce and Nipsey Hustle, but neither of them are really big timers and didn't make big news outside of their fanbase.  

Sadly, Britney is off the rails again.  

Still too early to speculate who should be dropped for the 2020 list but here's my latest new and returning nominees. 

Pope Benedict

Olivia Newton John

Jill Gascoine

Leslie Phillips

Mel Brooks

Sean Connery

Stanley Baxter

Rolf Harris

Ennio Morricone

Willie Nelson

Barbara Windsor

Nicholas Parsons

Linda Nolan

Sandy Gall

John Hume 

Lester Piggott

Angela Lansbury

David Bellamy

Tom Baker

Ric Flair

Bill Turnbull

Gerd Muller

Jack Charlton

Desmond Morris

Tony Bennett

54 minutes ago, ebless said:

Still too early to speculate who should be dropped for the 2020 list but here's my latest new and returning nominees. 

Pope Benedict

Olivia Newton John

Jill Gascoine

Leslie Phillips

Mel Brooks

Sean Connery

Stanley Baxter

Rolf Harris

Ennio Morricone

Willie Nelson

Barbara Windsor

Nicholas Parsons

Linda Nolan

Sandy Gall

John Hume 

Lester Piggott

Angela Lansbury

David Bellamy

Tom Baker

Ric Flair

Bill Turnbull

Gerd Muller

Jack Charlton

Desmond Morris

Tony Bennett

The thing that strikes me about this list. 

All aged 80-100 and white.

Inclusivity not your strong point??

• Like 1

Mitzi Gaynor turned 88 on 4th September and well remembered for the musicals South Pacific and There's No Business Like Show Business 

• Like 1