the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

YPG commander-in-chief Sipan Hemo: will he make it to 2020 before getting Erdoganed?

So, watched the movie Blue Jay on Netflix last night - filmed 2016 and has a cameo from Clu Gulagar (b. 1928) my head said it had to be him but I spent the rest of the movie after his appearance thinking he must be dead.

Apparently not - may well be obitable though he's 91 next month: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clu_Gulager

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, watched the movie Blue Jay on Netflix last night - filmed 2016 and has a cameo from Clu Gulagar (b. 1928) my head said it had to be him but I spent the rest of the movie after his appearance thinking he must be dead.

Apparently not - may well be obitable though he's 91 next month: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clu_Gulager

Did something similar recently, heard a mention of Clu Gulagar on a podcast and how the host had just had lunch with him or something. Assumed they meant "at his rest home" but apparently he's doing well and still hitting the convention circuit:

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Did something similar recently, heard a mention of Clu Gulagar on a podcast and how the host had just had lunch with him or something. Assumed they meant "at his rest home" but apparently he's doing well and still hitting the convention circuit:

Aye, and he's in the latest Tarantino - not that I've seen it or owt

Obitable, then, surely

17 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

13 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

He's a unique in my theme team GUN Fight at the not O.K. Corral

Looks like he will be in the team next year too :D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

He's a unique in my theme team GUN Fight at the not O.K. Corral

Looks like he will be in the team next year too :D

and looks like his unique pick days are done :D

• Sad 1

Hmm

Ian Whitcomb - musician, writer on rock music etc. ain't well at all and he's lost a couple of toes to bad circulation. Go fund me in action and he's been given an honourary mention on the generally well-informed ill folks music site: http://illfolks.blogspot.com/2019/10/gofundme-3-toed-ian-whitcomb.html

UK obit chances...hmm, dunno about DDP but nailed on Deathrace points because the likes of Variety would report him

Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson as new candidates to 2020.

Robert Solow

Carl Reiner

Hal Holbrook

Christopher Plummer

Marsha Hunt

Rhonda Fleming

Michael Schumacher

Jean Kennedy Smith

• Like 2

I say this as a fan of the guy and knowing that he has his "issues" with addiction, but Jesus Christ Norm MacDonald looks fucking awful. This is his 60th birthday, if you told me it was of his 80th I wouldn't have doubted you.

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I say this as a fan of the guy and knowing that he has his "issues" with addiction, but Jesus Christ Norm MacDonald looks fucking awful. This is his 60th birthday, if you told me it was of his 80th I wouldn't have doubted you.

Better shape than Gazza, mind!

Congressman Jose Serrano of New York  is retiring due to a diagnosis of Parkinson's disease

• Like 1

Dick Cheney will be 79 at the start of the year, he has had five heart attacks in the past. If he has a sixth at that age surely that’ll be enough to send him down!

27 minutes ago, Eastend said:

Dick Cheney will be 79 at the start of the year, he has had five heart attacks in the past. If he has a sixth at that age surely that’ll be enough to send him down!

He’ll live to 100 cause the grim reaper likes to let the bastards live a long time...

4 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Congressman Jose Serrano of New York  is retiring due to a diagnosis of Parkinson's disease

Because it would be wrong to have someone old, feeble and potentially dementing in higher office. Oh, wait......

On Newsnight Ronnie Campbell MP, who has struggled with cancer, looked like a strong breeze would snuff him out.

People are worried that Simon Cowell looks seriously ill...

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Nothing will happen to Simon Cowell in 2020, but saying that have thought he has looked ill for quite a while probably won't live into his 90's or whatever but nothing will happen for another 10 to 15 years in my opinion. 

On 18/10/2019 at 19:46, Fergie86 said:

Nothing will happen to Simon Cowell in 2020, but saying that have thought he has looked ill for quite a while probably won't live into his 90's or whatever but nothing will happen for another 10 to 15 years in my opinion. 

He smokes doesn't he? 

On 18/10/2019 at 19:40, Joey Russ said:

He looks like a rich, vain type who's thrown himself into an eating fad. Other than the smoking there's no reason to link a bit of weight loss with a limited life expectancy.

Well I just for the hell of it I thought I would reveal my PROVISIONAL shadow list for 2020. I have put it here as I will put my official 2020 shadow list in that category in late December.                                         1) George Alagiah, 2) Alex Trebek, 3) Beverly Cleary, 4) Clarissa Eden, 5) Pearl Carr, 6) Robert Fyfe, 7) Bob Barker, 8) Henry Kissinger, 9) Bob Dole, 10) Leslie Phillips, 11) Stirling Moss, 12) Jill Gascoine, 13) Vera Lynn, 14) Sam Lloyd, 15) Sumner Redstone, 16) Clive James, 17) Nobby Stiles, 18) Little Richard, 19) Javier Perez de Cueller, 20) Peter Sutcliffe, 21) Norman Tebbit, 22) Ruth Bader Ginsberg, 23) Pierre Cardin, 24) Barbara Windsor, 25) Olivia Newton John, 26) Prunella Scales, 27) Jimmy Greaves, 28) Nicholas Parsons, 29) Gene Hackman, 30) Loretta Lynn, 31) Debra Paget, 32) Thelma Barlow, 33) Max von Sydow, 34) Willie Nelson, 35) Roberta McCain, 36) William Frankland, 37) Joanne Woodward, 38) Jean Louis Trintignant, 39) Stanley Baxter, 40) Larry King, 41) Barbara Walters, 42) Tony Britton, 43) Billy Connolly, 44) Rhonda Fleming, 45) Bill Turnbull, 46) Joan Bakewell, 47) Joss Ackland, 48) Geoffrey Palmer, 49) Honor Blackman, 50) David Prowse

• Like 1

Brexit might make a couple of people more obitable, like, for example, Uwe Kitzinger:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/national/17981483.pioneer-britain-eu-91-attends-protest-march-second-brexit-referendum/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Kitzinger

Veteran of the UK's first admission into the EU, 91 years old, in a wheelchair and with an eye patch, also getting attention from the Guardian live blog.

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Brexit might make a couple of people more obitable, like, for example, Uwe Kitzinger:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/national/17981483.pioneer-britain-eu-91-attends-protest-march-second-brexit-referendum/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Kitzinger

Veteran of the UK's first admission into the EU, 91 years old, in a wheelchair and with an eye patch, also getting attention from the Guardian live blog.

On 17/10/2019 at 14:31, Eastend said:

He's also coming up on having lived for 7 years and 7 months with a heart transplant.