the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

3 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Yes, Ripon City FC, currently showcasing their skills in division two of the West Yorkshire League, is the correct answer.

Ah, the local side. I've seen them play (by accident, I happened to be walking past the ground when a match was on!). They don't even get top billing in the football section of the local weekly newspaper - Boroughbridge FC are in a division above.

Someone for the future, former Senator and Attorney General Slade Gorton, now 91 years old - he famously supported Nixon's impeachment as a republican:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/house-justified-in-impeaching-trump-says-former-u-s-sen-slade-gorton-who-famously-supported-nixons-resignation/

• Like 1

Boris Pahor 

lee kerslake 

earl Cameron 

sumner redstone

norman Lloyd 

why not ?

• Like 1

Judith Magre

Johnny Wheeler

Juliette Greco

Sumner Redstone

Grace Slick

Michael Lonsdale

John Andretti

Beverly Cleary

Jean-Luc Godard

Michele Piccoli

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeathByArsenic said:

Judith Magre

Johnny Wheeler

Juliette Greco

Sumner Redstone

Grace Slick

Michael Lonsdale

John Andretti

Beverly Cleary

Jean-Luc Godard

Michele Piccoli

I would suggest only about four of those names are really Deathlisty

1 hour ago, Wee Jum said:

Sorry about the sh*tty source.

Jeff Stewart has previous for trying to commit suicide and refusing to leave a New York hotel
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10220831/jeff-stewart-the-bill-older/

I thought this was going to be a "down-and-out ex-soap actor" story, but IMDB shows he's still pretty busy.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Toast said:

I thought this was going to be a "down-and-out ex-soap actor" story, but IMDB shows he's still pretty busy.

Good point, I looked since you mentioned it. Don't know any of those progs (don't watch much tv, well not the broadcast stuff).

Surprisingly zero appearances as a latterday Worzel Gummidge yet one as a bodyguard.

A bodyguard? Emmy time for the makeup department then.

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

Good point, I looked since you mentioned it. Don't know any of those progs (don't watch much tv, well not the broadcast stuff).

Surprisingly zero appearances as a latterday Worzel Gummidge yet one as a bodyguard.

A bodyguard? Emmy time for the makeup department then.

We've seen enough pap shots of dishevelled morning-after celebs lurching to the corner shop.  I daresay he scrubs up well enough when he needs to. 

He might have been letting his hair grow for a role, but it could just be personal choice.  It's really just the shorts that are odd, if he was wearing trousers he would look a bit tidier.

Rock and Roll Saturday night / Sunday morning for me. Watching BBC News

Former foreign correspondent John Fisher Burns looks and sounds very frail

Also check the cheezer the guy beside him (Adam Raphael) has on his face

5880A23A-C24B-44F6-8C1B-D990D60C9807.jpeg

10 hours ago, Wee Jum said:

Rock and Roll Saturday night / Sunday morning for me. Watching BBC News

Former foreign correspondent John Fisher Burns looks and sounds very frail

Also check the cheezer the guy beside him (Adam Raphael) has on his face

5880A23A-C24B-44F6-8C1B-D990D60C9807.jpeg

Guy on the right looks like he has just found his DDP joker!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Esther Rantzen looking rough at the Pride of Britain. Frank Bruno not looking that well either.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2019 at 23:16, gcreptile said:

Perfect candidate for msc's non-obit theme team, Toby Dawson, former football player at Ely City, has inoperable stage iv stomach cancer and a wish to meet Paul Pogba:

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/paul-pogba-toby-dawson-cancer-17151457

Whittlesford United is overwhelmed by the success of Toby Dawson' s gofundme, you did it!

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/whittlesford-united-blown-away-support-17225760

Missed this earlier, Maryport, but Paul Stephenson attended a lecture in his own name last November but was referred to being "Now in frail health".

9 hours ago, msc said:

Missed this earlier, Maryport, but Paul Stephenson attended a lecture in his own name last November but was referred to being "Now in frail health".

Haven't exactly kept close tabs on the man since I last posted on him, so thanks - one for the growing long lists

In July I made a list of famous hospitalized people. I think only 3 on 7 (Gigi Simoni, Everton Weekes, Balbir Singh) are still going. I think it is time for a new list:

1)Lata Mangeshkar (1929): on life support with pneumonia and heart failure. Family insists she is recovering and her life is not in danger. Hospital says she will be discharged in  a few days. Usual Indian scheme. 

2)Daniel arap Moi (1924): Hospitalized for the third time in a month. Was on life support two weeks ago and reportedly wanted to be left at home to die. Obviously according to the family he has gone for the usual "routine check up". 

3)Jimmy Carter (1924): suffered fall and cerebral hemorrhage. Now hospitalized for indefinite time, but rapidly getting better according to close people. 

4)Balbir Singh (1924): again in hospital, for the third time in a year. He spent two weeks on life support last year and is suffering from congestive heart failure. No hints at a possible death from family, though. 

5)Pedro Pablo Kuczynski (1936): Peruvian crook/president, hospitalized for cardiac arrhythmia in ICU. The Fujimori way, all along. 

• Like 2

I think Pete Davidson is a sleeper pick

10 hours ago, drol said:

In July I made a list of famous hospitalized people. I think only 3 on 7 (Gigi Simoni, Everton Weekes, Balbir Singh) are still going. I think it is time for a new list:

5)Pedro Pablo Kuczynski (1936): Peruvian crook/president, hospitalized for cardiac arrhythmia in ICU. The Fujimori way, all along. 

A tempting pick going forward because if nothing else how often will you have the oppurtunity to pick someone named Pedro with a Polish surname.

• Like 1

On 14/11/2019 at 18:50, drol said:

1)Lata Mangeshkar (1929): on life support with pneumonia and heart failure. Family insists she is recovering and her life is not in danger. Hospital says she will be discharged in  a few days. Usual Indian scheme. 

2)Daniel arap Moi (1924): Hospitalized for the third time in a month. Was on life support two weeks ago and reportedly wanted to be left at home to die. Obviously according to the family he has gone for the usual "routine check up". 

3)Jimmy Carter (1924): suffered fall and cerebral hemorrhage. Now hospitalized for indefinite time, but rapidly getting better according to close people. 

4)Balbir Singh (1924): again in hospital, for the third time in a year. He spent two weeks on life support last year and is suffering from congestive heart failure. No hints at a possible death from family, though. 

Another A-Lister out there is in critical conditions right now after suffering a stroke, but I'll leave this as a little cliffhanger.

10 minutes ago, drol said:

Another A-Lister out there is in critical conditions right now after suffering a stroke, but I'll leave this as a little cliffhanger.

Matsumoto? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dean1991 said:

Matsumoto? 

Yeah, that was easy.

7 hours ago, dean1991 said:

Matsumoto? 

Leiji Matsumoto out of danger. It seems going to hospitals makes you immortal. 

10 minutes ago, drol said:

Leiji Matsumoto out of danger. It seems going to hospitals makes you immortal. 

Well, it certainly seems as if hospitals exist to keep people alive.

• Like 1