the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

Brian Blessed

• Like 1

Posting here as well incase the other thread isn't counted:

Terry Jones - Late stage dementia and Michael Palin says it could be any time. (x)

On 29/11/2019 at 17:05, drol said:

Let's update it two weeks later:

1)Lata Mangeshkar: Still in ICU, but family insists she is recovering fast and literally "not going anywhere". Probably will be discharged before next year.

2)Daniel arap Moi: Still in hospital, he has fully recovered and will be discharged in days.

3)Jimmy Carter: Recovered and discharged from hospital.

4)Balbir Singh: Recovered and discharged from hospital-

5)Pedro Pablo Kuczsinsky: Recovered and discharged from hospital.

Two bonuses:

Manolis Glezos: Recovered and shifted to a regular ward from ICU. Expected to be discharged within days.

Everton Weekes: Still in hospital, condition unknown.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Updates on the two remaining in hospital. 

Lata Mangeshkar: Shifted from ICU to a regular ward, fully conscient and out of danger.

https://www.news.abplive.com/entertainment/movies/lata-mangeshkar-health-update-legendary-singer-shifted-to-general-ward-from-icu-1117147/

Daniel arap Moi: fully recovered, but still hospitalized. Likely to be discharged as soon as Wednesday, the day family will probably issue an announcement (which is he has recovered, nothing more) 

https://www.the-star.co.ke/amp/news/2019-12-02-ex-president-moi-still-in-hospital-20-days-later/

Money CAN buy life. 

Any update for henry gray? I couldn't find anything.  On his facebook, there was a community post back in october that said he had stage 5 kidney disease, and was bedridden.  I'm kinda surprised he's lasted this long.  I assumed that he'd stop dialysis in hospice, but if that were true, he'd have died already...  :scratchhead:

Hospice care for diseases other than cancer is not a death sentence. Margaret Keane, Robert Graetz and Rembert Weakland have been in hospice care for years and none of them seems more likely to die than other people their age. 

29 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Russian model / influencer / businesswoman Miroslava Duma suffers from a rare lung disease and only has months to live:

https://people.com/style/influencer-miroslava-duma-reveals-she-has-a-rare-lung-disease/

Right now, she feels fine though. 

apparently you’ve zero interest in your personal DDP success.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

apparently you’ve zero interest in your personal DDP success.  

Hah, yeah I've always been generous that way, but is she going to be the next Thuy Thanh Truong, the next Tanya Gendle or the next ..Well... insert-successful-female-suggestion-I-made?

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Hah, yeah I've always been generous that way, but is she going to be the next Thuy Thanh Truong, the next Tanya Gendle or the next ..Well... insert-successful-female-suggestion-I-made?

For now she is the next Ruth Bader Ginsberg.  healthy as fuck, alive and well for another calendar year.  So she tweets.

On 16/11/2019 at 18:53, drol said:

Leiji Matsumoto out of danger. It seems going to hospitals makes you immortal. 

Leiji Matsumoto discharged from hospital. 

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/lifestyle/arts/2019/12/04/captain-harlock-manga-creator-discharged_80859184-241e-4d92-badb-9655a84c8aea.html

The brand-new generation of immortals created in 2019:

1)Jimmy Carter: melanoma which metastasized to the brain, fall with cerebral hemorrhage, urinary infection, continuos hospitalizations and being over 95. None of this thing suffice to kill the old peanut lover.

2)Lata Mangeshkar: spending a week on life support for acute respiratory failure and a month in ICU is not enough to kill a 90-year old overweight national icon. Another pearl from the country of immortals.

3)Balbir Singh Sr.: Acute respiratory and heart failure, 14 days on life support, three months in ICU, a heart attack and another fortnight in ICU, pneumonia and again in ICU with respiratory failure. Nothing is enough to kill a 95 year old man who breathes through a tube.

4)Daniel arap Moi: Repeated hospitalizations, acute respiratory failure and almost a week on life support, over two months in hospital, one of whom in ICU. Still no harm to the 95 year old dictator.

5)Leiji Matsumoto: Suffers severe stroke and put on life support. Two weeks later discharged in excellent conditions-

6)Manolis Glezos: 97-year old resistance fighter, neurological problems, in ICU with heart and respiratory failure, and great deterioration in general health. The natural outcome, he survives and is discharged in good health.

7)Desmond Tutu: prostate cancer for 20 years (!!!!), continuos hospitalizations for infections, 88 year old, but, no, hey, he is well and goes home again.

8)Everton Weekes: heart attack in June, minimizes everything, again hospitalized for medical emergency some months later, and presumably still recovers at 94.

9)Dilip Kumar: No one heard anything from him from over a year. This guy is 97 and was continuosly hospitalized for pneumonia and infections, plus he has late stage dementia and is likely to be a vegetable with kidney failure on permanent dialysis.

10)Hau Pei-tsun: severe stroke at 99, still going at 100 and no hints at a possible demise.

Almighty science in keeping alive human cases.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, drol said:

Jimmy Carter: pancreatic cancer which metastasized to the brain, fall with cerebral hemorrhage, urinary infection, continuos hospitalizations and being over 95. None of this thing suffice to kill the old peanut lover.

Carter never had pancan, he had melanoma 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Carter never had pancan, he had melanoma 

Yes, I confused him with his late brother. Thanks.

Just thought I'd wish Noam Chomsky a happy 91st

noam-chomsky-rtr-img.jpg

:birthday:

• Like 6

Bernard Tapie, French business man, former minister, owner of Olympic Marseille and Adidas, and crook. He's a dead certainty if he makes it to 2020.

Will his death appear in the British media ? 

On 02/12/2019 at 20:05, drol said:

Updates on the two remaining in hospital. 

Lata Mangeshkar: Shifted from ICU to a regular ward, fully conscient and out of danger.

https://www.news.abplive.com/entertainment/movies/lata-mangeshkar-health-update-legendary-singer-shifted-to-general-ward-from-icu-1117147/

Lata Mangeshkar discharged from hospital.

• Like 1

I'm still looking for my "bizarre pick of the year", maybe performance artist Hanna Cormick, who is "allergic to the world":

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/dec/11/hanna-cormick-the-performance-artist-whos-allergic-to-the-world

"she is prone to not only hives, throat swelling and anaphylaxis but “very violent” seizures too."

Maybe she's half-replicant...

A couple of suggestions simply because they're getting on a bit; no idea about their current health status:

Nick Bolletierri - US tennis coach supremo, 89 next year.

Maria Charles - actress. Played Maureen Lipman's mum in Agony. Extensive stage career. 91 next year.

Brian Glanville - football writer and miserable, short-tempered rude git (yes, I worked with him numerous times. Was always grumpy and rude). 89 in 2020.

Doreen Mantle - Mrs Warboys. 94 in 2020.

I do have another name but I'm not telling. A singer, that's all you're getting. No idea of their health but they're old and goodness only knows how they've made it this far.

Anyway, on a wider note, this coming decade is going to make 2016 look like a picnic. So many heroes are getting seriously *old*. Macca will be 87 come 2029, Debbie Harry 84, most of Abba around the same age, Grace Slick 90, Judi Dench and Maggie Smith 95,; the greats will be dropping like flies.

58 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

I do have another name but I'm not telling. A singer, that's all you're getting. No idea of their health but they're old and goodness only knows how they've made it this far.

I've got a name that matches that description too! A name not known to many, but guaranteed an obit.

On 07/05/2019 at 17:39, ebless said:

David Bellamy should be considered for the 2020 list, 87 next January and rarely heard these days. 

No, David Bellamy shouldn't 

Jean-Marie Le Pen

• Like 1

I just want to say that a/some numbnut person(s) post some really stupid shite this time of year.
That is all.

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I just want to say that a/some numbnut person(s) post some really stupid shite this time of year.
That is all.

And for some, it’s all year round.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4