the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

2 hours ago, Mischief Girl said:

Justin Bieber has to OD in 2020.  He just has to!

Yeah, the morning after he shags Sinead O' Connor - bring it on!

• Haha 1

Jose Sarney. Former President of Brazil. 

Rosalyn Carter

Joss Ackland will be 92 on 29 Feb

_79946916_79946915.jpg

So, counting the day he was born that's only his 23rd proper birthday, then. Obitable for sure

John Romita Sr. will be 90 next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phantom said:

Rosalyn Carter

100%. I don’t think either the Carters are making 2021. 

• Like 2

Longterm DDP-holics of the forum will be aware of my long running trend: dropping people who swiftly die the next year.

Resume:

2019 - Philomena Lynott, Steffan Lewis, Carl Piddington

2018 - Colin Butts, Simon Ricketts (thank you Joey for reminding me of that spectacular failure!)

2017 - Keith Farnham

2016 - Caroline Aherne, Asa Briggs

2015 - Chris Woodhead, George Cole

2014 - Derek Martinus, Sandy Jardine, Jaruzelski

2013 - Glafcos Clerides, Ronald Coase

So, Merry Christmas, the following people will be dropped by Pan Breed in 2020:

Barry DuBois, Ozzie TV star.

Kerri Parker, Playboy bunny and model school owner with the incurable brain cancer and the alternate therapies. (She's only being dropped because she feels too fringey for the co-hosts main team...)

Vicky Phelan, the Irish cervical cancer campaigner

Deborah James, the Sun/BBC journalist

Lee Kerslake - you know who he is.

Dame Carmen Callil, who seems to be on the mend, and thus is destined for the LOTL in the next 5 years...

• Like 1

In 2018, I had Simon Ricketts die the year after I dropped him, and in 2019, all of Cocksy, Brackers, Clive James, and Stuart Fraser died the year after I dropped. So as my gift, I can confirm that Samu Anoa’i, Barry du Bois, and Arash Sadeghi are getting the boot from my team. Merry Christmas everyone. 

7 hours ago, Mischief Girl said:

Justin Bieber has to OD in 2020.  He just has to!

Nah thats in 2021, he has to be 27 for that

2 hours ago, msc said:

Longterm DDP-holics of the forum will be aware of my long running trend: dropping people who swiftly die the next year.

Resume:

2019 - Philomena Lynott, Steffan Lewis, Carl Piddington

2018 - Colin Butts, Simon Ricketts (thank you Joey for reminding me of that spectacular failure!)

2017 - Keith Farnham

2016 - Caroline Aherne, Asa Briggs

2015 - Chris Woodhead, George Cole

2014 - Derek Martinus, Sandy Jardine, Jaruzelski

2013 - Glafcos Clerides, Ronald Coase

So, Merry Christmas, the following people will be dropped by Pan Breed in 2020:

Barry DuBois, Ozzie TV star.

Kerri Parker, Playboy bunny and model school owner with the incurable brain cancer and the alternate therapies. (She's only being dropped because she feels too fringey for the co-hosts main team...)

Vicky Phelan, the Irish cervical cancer campaigner

Deborah James, the Sun/BBC journalist

Lee Kerslake - you know who he is.

Dame Carmen Callil, who seems to be on the mend, and thus is destined for the LOTL in the next 5 years...

You never know.

On 20/12/2019 at 20:42, drol said:

So, the last list of gravely ill hospitalized people has been a complete failure as everyone survived. Anyway, here we go again, hoping for a better result:

1)Prince Philip of Edinburgh: hospitalized for a pre-existing condition, seems nothing serious, but he is fucking 98 and late GD Jean of Luxembourg was hospitalized too just for precaution at the same age.... we all know how it ended. Still unlikely for now.

2)Daniel arap Moi: In hospital for months and has been on life support. Family now confirming he is gravely ill, rather than going with the usual "routine check-up". Could still hang there for months.

3)Mikhail Gorbachev: should have died years ago, somehow still here. In hospital for pneumonia, but about to be discharged. Still, has definitely beat the odds and there shouldn't be much time life.

4)Vishwesha Teertha: an important Karnataka Swami, currently on life support for respiratory failure. We already know a Swami who lived to 111 though...

5)Shin Kyuk-ho: this guy goes in and out of hospital continuosly. At 98 the fraudster is currently hospitalized, but said to be recovering all over again. It is clear his condition has deteriorated decisively in the last year.

Christmas updates!

1)Prince Philip: Discharged, walking on his own. Not going anywhere.

2)Daniel arap Moi: No updates, still in hospital.

3)Gorbachev: Fully recovered, about to be discharged.

4)Vishwesha Teertha: Miracolously recovered from a myriad of health issues (usual Indians, seriously), to be taken off life support in the next few days and life not in danger anymore.

5)Shin Kyuk-ho: Still in hospital, but life not in danger.

Plus I'd add Manolis Glezos, who has been hospitalized again but said to be responding to treatment, and another always-ill name who seems finally close to demise this time, but won't say for Deathrace interests.

On 01/12/2019 at 18:53, Skinny kiltrunner said:

And then of course there's Jason Becker. 

Apparently, Jason Becker did have something to worry about with his lungs but it's okay again:

https://www.antimusic.com/news/19/December/21Former_David_Lee_Roth_Star_Jason_Becker_Shares_Good_Health_News.shtml

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Apparently, Jason Becker did have something to worry about with his lungs but it's okay again:

https://www.antimusic.com/news/19/December/21Former_David_Lee_Roth_Star_Jason_Becker_Shares_Good_Health_News.shtml

literally a story plucked from Pete Frates this time last year.  It was what told me Frates was near the end.  ALS victims all die from asphyxiation.  Once the breathing issues arise time is limited.  You’ve put Becker squarely on my radar.

SC

One who is not mentioned enough is Brian Murphy. He as a cult icon in Italy due to George & Mildred in the early 80s.

• Like 1

I run a blog on Tumblr for queer people. While looking for people I found out that a 23 year old model called Slick Woods (aka Simone Thompson) has stage 3 skin cancer and recently passed out in public.

How about Michael Medwin; he is 96.  He was in the musical version of Scooge and was Eddie Shoestring's boss in Shoestring.

On 25/12/2019 at 18:27, drol said:

One who is not mentioned enough is Brian Murphy. He as a cult icon in Italy due to George & Mildred in the early 80s.

Aye, working until a few years back and Wiki doesn't think the 87 year old is retired - but, he is 87

Ray Reardon has already been suggested but it's worth remembering Rex Williams is also still alive.....

Sadly after those two were short of DL worthy players for a few decades due to drunks and chain-smokers.

Perrie Mans and Doug Mountjoy are probably a tad young.

• Like 1

No idea who Taraji P. Henson is, but she discusses her battle with anxiety and depression and is on the digital cover of the December issue of SELF magazine.

SC

Any ideas about Scott Dureau should be 86’d.  I won’t say why or provide a link.  Easy enuff to find.  Trust Papa Creep.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Any ideas about Scott Dureau should be 86’d.  I won’t say why or provide a link.  Easy enuff to find.  Trust Papa Creep.

GyLc9e3hTYFWw.gif

On 25/12/2019 at 09:49, drol said:

Plus I'd add Manolis Glezos, who has been hospitalized again but said to be responding to treatment, and another always-ill name who seems finally close to demise this time, but won't say for Deathrace interests.

Recovering, if you had any doubts...