Jump to content
the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

Recommended Posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2019 at 16:52, Youth in Asia said:

Christopher Booker is retiring from the Telegraph "for health reasons". Considering Clive James still knocks out the odd article, in his condition, it must be quite bad.

as I thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Claire Maurier

 

90 yo French actress who had roles in  The 400 Blows,Amelie and La Cage Aux Folles

 

Consistently working in theater,film and tv from the 40's up until 2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too early to decide which 25 we should keep but here's my first 2020 new and returning draft

 

Pope Benedict

Olivia Newton John

Jill Gascoine

Leslie Phillips

Mel Brooks

Sean Connery

Stanley Baxter

Rolf Harris

Ennio Morricone

Willie Nelson

Barbara Windsor

Nicholas Parsons

Linda Nolan

Julie Goodyear

Sandy Gall

Gay Byrne

Lester Piggott

Angela Lansbury

David Bellamy

Tom Baker

Ric Flair

Bill Turnbull

Gerd Muller

Jack Charlton

Desmond Morris

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Caine, Michael Aspel, Michael Parkinson, Michael Heseltine, Michael Gambon, Mike Berry, Michael York, Michael Crawford, Michael Moriarty, Michael Howard and Michael Schumacher - anyone would think I was taking the Micky with this list of suggestions lol 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Steve said:

Michael Caine, Michael Aspel, Michael Parkinson, Michael Heseltine, Michael Gambon, Mike Berry, Michael York, Michael Crawford, Michael Moriarty, Michael Howard and Michael Schumacher - anyone would think I was taking the Micky with this list of suggestions lol 

 

There's a DDP theme team that's quite similar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2019 at 18:45, Banana said:

I've gathered a list of potential new picks for next year based solely off appearance (tried to find recent pictures)

 

Nuon Chea, 93/94

Prime Minister of Cambodia and Khmer Rouge chief member

(pic from 2019)

image.jpeg.203863c9b6069beef4870c8d95a9a418.jpeg

 

Hospitalised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Banana said:

Hospitalised fro ultra-minor ailments (a swollen toe). Probably no one out of your list will die in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drol said:

Hospitalised fro ultra-minor ailments (a swollen toe). Probably no one out of your list will die in 2019.

Oh YEA?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/06/2019 at 08:43, drol said:

Well, at least 7 heavyweight names doing not too good right now:

 

1)Andrea Camilleri (1925): still on life support after suffering a heart attack. What chances of recovery for an obese-94 year old chainsmoker?

2)Gigi Simoni (1939): Italian football legend, probably on life support after suffering a heart attack. Rumors that he had died were floating around on Tuesday, but family denied it. According to his family, his condition is "very critical".

3)Balbir Singh Sr. (1923/24) The Hockey legend has been in hospital for more than a week and has now been shifted presumably to Chandigarh ICU where he spent 108 days this winter. This guy has been bedridden and dependant on oxygen for the past 8 months.

4)Hussain Muhammad Ershad (1930): the former dictator of Bangladesh is now in critical conditions for liver complications and a number of other ailments. Will probably fly to Singapore today if he makes it.

5)Beji Caid Essebsi (1926): Seriously ill after suffering a "health crysis" this morning. Already hospitalized last week but was "fine".

6)Sir Everton Weekes (1925): In critical condition after suffering heart attack last night.

7)Zaheen Tahira (1949): Pakistani screen legend (but the "who the fuck is she?" person of the bunch), on life support after suffering heart attack. Rumoured to have died this morning, but family denied.

 

Never seen something like that before.

11 days later...

 

1)Andrea Camilleri: condition unchanged. Nothing has been released about him.

2)Gigi Simoni: condition unchanged. Nothing has been released about him.

3)Balbir Singh: still at Chandigarh PGI, but recovering and expected to be discharged very soon, according to his daughter.

3)Ershad: now breathing on his own and "well" according to his brother. Full recovery expected.

5)Beji Caid Essebsi: discharged from hospital and resumed his duties. Really had nothing to worry about.

6)Sir Everton Weekes: was never in critical conditions and only suffered a "minor" heart attack and fully recovered.

7)Zaheen Tahira: Taken off life support and shifted to a regular ward from ICU, now expected to make a full recovery.

 

Fuck you, medical science.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, drol said:

11 days later...

 

1)Andrea Camilleri: condition unchanged. Nothing has been released about him.

2)Gigi Simoni: condition unchanged. Nothing has been released about him.

3)Balbir Singh: still at Chandigarh PGI, but recovering and expected to be discharged very soon, according to his daughter.

3)Ershad: now breathing on his own and "well" according to his brother. Full recovery expected.

5)Beji Caid Essebsi: discharged from hospital and resumed his duties. Really had nothing to worry about.

6)Sir Everton Weekes: was never in critical conditions and only suffered a "minor" heart attack and fully recovered.

7)Zaheen Tahira: Taken off life support and shifted to a regular ward from ICU, now expected to make a full recovery.

 

Fuck you, medical science.

Tahiras dead. Complications. 1 down, 6 to go. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Tahiras dead. Complications. 1 down, 6 to go. 

Weaker sex...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/07/2019 at 05:07, drol said:

Hospitalised fro ultra-minor ailments (a swollen toe). Probably no one out of your list will die in 2019.

 

Yeknow what, now I’m kinda mad. Was gonna put Freddie Jones on this list put somehow missed him when making the post. Bugger was red as a tomato. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sting has just cancelled some tour dates due to an "unspecificed illness".  Enty over at CDAN who, granted, can create totally false rumours out of thin air, is hinting at throat cancer.  Sting could have the flu, he could have cancer and beat it due to ayurvedic yoga practices, or he could be dead in a year.  Who knows?

 

Just wanted to toss in a new name to keep our eyeballs on over the next few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

More like a 2022 onwards death if it's Parkinson's or MND.

 

Could be ‘coffee shakes’.

Don’t worry boo, I’m sending 5 pounds of coffee your way!  You gonna make it, Angie!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former irish prime minister Brian Cowen, should be considered for 2020 if he lasts until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacques Delors, former EU Commission President and subject of the famous “Up Yours, Delors” Sun headline is 94 today. 

 

Was always very active but not done a televised interview since 2015 from what I can find.

 

One to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Jacques Delors, former EU Commission President and subject of the famous “Up Yours, Delors” Sun headline is 94 today. 

 

Was always very active but not done a televised interview since 2015 from what I can find.

 

One to watch. 

 

Going to be a bit difficult, apparently! :D

 

 

(Couldn't resist)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Margaret Stuart Barry

 

The iconic children author(Simon and The Witch) is in her 90's and recluse,won't be around too much longer

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use