Jump to content
the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

Recommended Posts

There's clearly something not right about Madonna. Be it illness or her rampant narcissism. Actually, that could be her killer blow,  the fact shes not the person she thinks she was. Even my other half whose a massive fan thinks shes loosing the plot - Madame X is a clearly a cover up for something. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

This is my first ever post. I would like to nominate the former mercenary and British soldier Colonel 'Mad Mike' Hoare.

He's led an extraordinary and fascinating life, you can read all about him on Wikipedia.

We've all got to go sometime of course but Mike Hoare will celebrate his 101st birthday if he survives until March 17th 2020. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

There's clearly something not right about Madonna. Be it illness or her rampant narcissism. Actually, that could be her killer blow,  the fact shes not the person she thinks she was. Even my other half whose a massive fan thinks shes loosing the plot - Madame X is a clearly a cover up for something. 

 

Her sel-preservation drive is weaker than I thought. What's the use of eating rice-crackers and spending much of her life in the gym, if she is surrounded with malicious advisors? Those butt implants have killed many women before, her adopted children won't care for her when she's old , and her biological children resent, that their new siblings usurped their birthright. I wouldn't like to be in her shoes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Onision also known by everyone as Onion Boy should be added here. FBI are on to him and groomers/pedos don't do well in prison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Hello

This is my first ever post. I would like to nominate the former mercenary and British soldier Colonel 'Mad Mike' Hoare.

He's led an extraordinary and fascinating life, you can read all about him on Wikipedia.

We've all got to go sometime of course but Mike Hoare will celebrate his 101st birthday if he survives until March 17th 2020. 

 

Hi Charon.  xmas-smiley-emoticon.gif

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/12/2019 at 14:32, Lewd_Squirrel said:

How about Sirhan Sirhan?

How about Ethel Kennedy, Jean Kennedy Smith Or Clint Hill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching Dame Edna Rules the Waves on BBC1, I’d say Barry Humphries could be a possibility.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2020 Short List

 

1. Roberta McCain, 107

2. Olivia de Havilland, 103

3. Kirk Douglas, 103

4. Arnold Spielberg (Steven's dad), 102

5. Bob Dole, 96

6. Harry Reid, 80

7.  Javier Perez de Cuellar, 99

8. Hugh Downs, 98

9. Daniel arap Moi, 95

10. Valery Giscard d'Estaing, 93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

There's clearly something not right about Madonna. Be it illness or her rampant narcissism. Actually, that could be her killer blow,  the fact shes not the person she thinks she was. Even my other half whose a massive fan thinks shes loosing the plot - Madame X is a clearly a cover up for something. 

 

Rubbish. I just think Madonna still believes her body is capable of recovering as well and as quickly as it did 20-30 years ago. *Unless* she's on fentanyl, which I very much doubt if only because of the amount of stars who have died from it recently. Plus she seems devoted to her kids - there's no way she'd do anything to deprive them of a mother, remember her childhood.

 

And Madame X is a great album - first album since Confessions... that she's sounded like she's making music she wants to rather than following the trends and using the same old current producers as everyone else.

 

So no, I don't think there's anything seriously wrong with her. And I also don't think she's had butt implants - looks like padding to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Onision also known by everyone as Onion Boy should be added here. FBI are on to him and groomers/pedos don't do well in prison.

 

One of the few You Tubers I actually have heard of. His online life is so much full of set-up bull that I honestly don't know what to believe. Obviously a full-on narcissist, like so many You Tubers are, so wouldn't put it past him to stream his suicide live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still 2019 in California for almost 6 and a half hours, so I wanted to get this on the record, somewhere.  Here is my Top 50 List for 2020, so read 'em and weep...

 

1) Chris Doleman 

2) Alex Trebek 

3) Daniel arap Moi

4) Jimmy Carter

5) Rosalynn Carter

6) Larry King

7) Nichelle Nichols

8) Vera Lynn

9) Bob Dole

10) Little Richard

11) Jerry Sloan

12) Bob Gibson

13) Olivia de Havilland

14) Kirk Douglas

15) Roberta McCain

16) Javier Perez de Cuellar

17) Mikhail Gorbachev

18) Pierre Cardin

19) Barbara Walters

20) Ryan O'Neal

21) Betty White

22) Bob Barker

23) Emperor Akihito

24) Gale Sayers

25) Alan Greenspan

26) Dick Cheney

27) Fay Vincent

28) Ruth Bader Ginsburg

29) Jackie Stallone

30) Alberto Fujimori

31) Willie Nelson

32) Leon Spinks

33) Yoko Ono

34) Honor Blackman

35) Howard Finkel

36) Samu

37) Superstar Billy Graham

38) David Crosby

39) Desmond Tutu

40) Loretta Lynn

41) Alberto Fujimori

42) Don Shula

43) Kenny Rogers

44) Sidney Poitier

45) Olivia Newton-John

46) Cloris Leachman

47) Harry Reid

48) John Lewis

49) Teri Garr

50) Prince Philip 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2019 at 18:51, drol said:

Thich Nath Hanh's health has been weaker since his birthday as he was diagnosed with pneumonia. The man is now hospitalized in Thailand for check-ups (has been there for two weeks), but results are "smooth" and "very promising" and he is expected to come back to Vietnam soon.

 

Talk about the art of dying, fucking dork.

Thich Nath Hanh discharged and back to Vietnam after "full recovery".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/09/2019 at 15:13, gcreptile said:

There's a movie called "The Farewell" getting Oscar buzz, it's about a chinese grandma with terminal cancer, but she doesn't know it because her relatives are keeping the truth away from her.

Anyway, it's based on a real story, and the cancer-stricken grandma is still alive, six years after the diagnosis:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10017239/the-farewell-gran-cancer-secret/

Well, because of the movie, the grandma knows now:

https://slate.com/culture/2020/01/farewell-lulu-wang-grandmother-learns-secret-hollywood-foreign-press-foreign-language-symposium.html

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so I have my 2020 Draft with my buddies tomorrow, and I wanted to take the temperature of the room.  Who do you think is more likely to die in 2020:  Chris Doleman or Alex Trebek?  Doleman would net more points, since he's younger, and he's had a glioblastoma since January 2018.  Typical survival rate is 12-18 months, and about 30% survive for more than 24 months.  (He had the surgery on Jan. 25, 2018, so he's already quite close to the 70% that don't make it past 24 months.)  If he made it to 2021, that would mean 36 months.  On the other hand, is it more likely that Trebek survives for 21-22 months, since he was diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer in March 2019?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrWonderful said:

OK, so I have my 2020 Draft with my buddies tomorrow, and I wanted to take the temperature of the room.  Who do you think is more likely to die in 2020:  Chris Doleman or Alex Trebek?  Doleman would net more points, since he's younger, and he's had a glioblastoma since January 2018.  Typical survival rate is 12-18 months, and about 30% survive for more than 24 months.  (He had the surgery on Jan. 25, 2018, so he's already quite close to the 70% that don't make it past 24 months.)  If he made it to 2021, that would mean 36 months.  On the other hand, is it more likely that Trebek survives for 21-22 months, since he was diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer in March 2019?  


Trebek one of 2020's slam dunks.  Doesn't mean Doleman isn't as well, and your research indicates he's in trouble.  Maybe some other lightweight you can dispense with?  You must be cock sure (just wanted to say that) of all the other names.
SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:


Trebek one of 2020's slam dunks.  Doesn't mean Doleman isn't as well, and your research indicates he's in trouble.  Maybe some other light weigh you can dispense with?  You must be cock sure (just wanted to say that) of all the other names.
SC

Those 2 were at the top of my list.  The way the draft works is that we draw the order for the first category, which the person that gets #1 gets to choose (gets to choose the first category).  The next category has everyone move up a spot, and so on (so #1 in the first category picks 4th in the following one).  Trebek would fall under Entertainment and TV for us, and Doleman in Sports.  There are 4 of us that participate in this draft.  I suppose that means I have a 50/50 chance at either Doleman or Trebek.  We have ample flex spots, so you can basically pick anyone from any category if you're thinking about the best choices for virtual locks for 2020.  Our only rules are that we can't take anybody aged 100 or older (it's OK if they turn 100 later in the year), and that 2 of the other 3 guys have to have heard of the person.  Us being sports fans and Americans, I'm strongly considering names that are less-obvious in the UK like Fay Vincent and Jerry Sloan, but also names like Bob Gibson and Gale Sayers.  We also have a wrestling category and the biggest names I'm considering there are Howard Finkel, Superstar Billy Graham, Jackie Stallone, Kamala, and Samu.  Other names I feel good about in general are both Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Little Richard, Daniel arap Moi, and Larry King.  If you think you have a fairly obvious name that I've missed that feels like more of a shoo-in than these names, I'm all ears.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

Those 2 were at the top of my list.  The way the draft works is that we draw the order for the first category, which the person that gets #1 gets to choose (gets to choose the first category).  The next category has everyone move up a spot, and so on (so #1 in the first category picks 4th in the following one).  Trebek would fall under Entertainment and TV for us, and Doleman in Sports.  There are 4 of us that participate in this draft.  I suppose that means I have a 50/50 chance at either Doleman or Trebek.  We have ample flex spots, so you can basically pick anyone from any category if you're thinking about the best choices for virtual locks for 2020.  Our only rules are that we can't take anybody aged 100 or older (it's OK if they turn 100 later in the year), and that 2 of the other 3 guys have to have heard of the person.  Us being sports fans and Americans, I'm strongly considering names that are less-obvious in the UK like Fay Vincent and Jerry Sloan, but also names like Bob Gibson and Gale Sayers.  We also have a wrestling category and the biggest names I'm considering there are Howard Finkel, Superstar Billy Graham, Jackie Stallone, Kamala, and Samu.  Other names I feel good about in general are both Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Little Richard, Daniel arap Moi, and Larry King.  If you think you have a fairly obvious name that I've missed that feels like more of a shoo-in than these names, I'm all ears.  


wrestling category, unless QO an issue, look up Jerry Gray.  Nice sneaky pick.  Off radar.  I’d go Kamala (Larry Shreve).  Paul Vachon is 82.  That’s like 182 for wrestlers.

SC
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:


wrestling category, unless QO an issue, look up Jerry Gray.  Nice sneaky pick.  Off radar.  I’d go Kamala (Larry Shreve).  Paul Vachon is 82.  That’s like 182 for wrestlers.

SC
 

 

 

Abdullah the Butcher's name is Larry Shreve, Kamala's is Jim Harris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Abdullah the Butcher's name is Larry Shreve, Kamala's is Jim Harris.

Yep.  Thanks for the suggestions, SC.  Taking into account who I think I can get through, I think this is my Wrestling order:  Howard Finkel, Superstar Billy Graham, Kamala, Jackie Stallone, Abdullah The Butcher, Samu, Ric Flair, Scott Hall/Razor Ramon, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff, Jerry Lawler, and Lex Luger.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

Yep.  Thanks for the suggestions, SC.  Taking into account who I think I can get through, I think this is my Wrestling order:  Howard Finkel, Superstar Billy Graham, Kamala, Jackie Stallone, Abdullah The Butcher, Samu, Ric Flair, Scott Hall/Razor Ramon, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff, Jerry Lawler, and Lex Luger.  

 

Another possibility is John Nord, AKA The Berzerker. He got off a jail sentence for repeat DUIs last year due to being in a very bad way due to ALS.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, msc said:

 

Another possibility is John Nord, AKA The Berzerker. He got off a jail sentence for repeat DUIs last year due to being in a very bad way due to ALS.

 

 

Yeah, I had him down in my notes as well, and he's probably as good of a bet as many of the ones I listed.  Also was thinking of Harley Race and Jake The Snake Roberts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrWonderful said:

Yeah, I had him down in my notes as well, and he's probably as good of a bet as many of the ones I listed.  Also was thinking of Harley Race and Jake The Snake Roberts.  

Harley Race died last year, he was a hit for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Harley Race died last year, he was a hit for me. 

Oh yeah, of course he did.  Just forgot to mark him down as DEAD in my notes.  Oops.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 14:53, Vinegar Tits said:

A couple of suggestions simply because they're getting on a bit; no idea about their current health status:

 

Nick Bolletierri - US tennis coach supremo, 89 next year.

Maria Charles - actress. Played Maureen Lipman's mum in Agony. Extensive stage career. 91 next year.

Brian Glanville - football writer and miserable, short-tempered rude git (yes, I worked with him numerous times. Was always grumpy and rude). 89 in 2020.

Doreen Mantle - Mrs Warboys. 94 in 2020.

 

 

Apparently Doreen will be one of the sitters in Sky Arts' "Portrait Artist Of The Year", which starts on Tuesday (21 Jan).

So we will have ample time to observe! 

Apparently she's scheduled for episode 4, along with Asim Choudhry and Russell Tovey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my annual draft with my 3 buddies last night.  Each guy has a 16-person roster.  This is what I ended up with:

 

Daniel arap Moi, Mikhail Gorbachev (Foreign)

Larry King, Nichelle Nichols (Movies/TV)

Little Richard, Eddie Van Halen (Music)

Chris Doleman, Jerry Sloan (Sports)

Howard Finkel, Superstar Billy Graham (Wrestling)

Aaron Carter, Matthew Perry (50-and-under)

Gale Sayers, Hugh Downs, John Lewis, Fay Vincent (Flex Spots)

 

I lost last year despite hitting on by far the youngest death (Beth Chapman).  May the force be with me!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use