Death Impends

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2019

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Really?
So picking an LA Dodger player's wife is for nowt, but picking a fan who buys a ticket is OK.   Noted.   Rule 5 posted above means what exactly?

No, she is an ex-Disney animator who is currently 108 years old.

• Like 2

Animation department (10 credits)
 1978 The Lord of the Rings (ink and paint supervisor)
 1978 Metamorphoses (scene planner)
 1977 The Rescuers (head of scene planning - uncredited)
 1974 Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (Short) (scene planner - uncredited)
 1973 Robin Hood (scene planning supervisor - uncredited)
 1970 The Aristocats (scene planner - uncredited)
 1964 Mary Poppins (scene planner - uncredited)
 1960 Popeye the Sailor (TV Series) (checking - 5 episodes)
- Spare Dat Tree (1960) ... (checking)
- The Green Dancin' Shoes (1960) ... (checking)
- I Yam Wot I Yamnesia (1960) ... (checking)
- Popeye and the Magic Hat (1960) ... (checking)
- Hill Billy Dilly (1960) ... (checking)
 1959 Sleeping Beauty (checker - uncredited) / (scene planner - uncredited)
 1937 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (ink and paint - uncredited)

Ruthie Thompson's CV.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, markb4 said:

No, she is an ex-Disney animator who is currently 108 years old.

Yup, missed that at first glance.  :dead2:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Yup, missed that at first glance.  :dead2:

That's what she said...

• Haha 3

Alright, everyone's favorite cigar-puffing pneumonia-magnet supercentenarian WWII vet, Richard Overton, becomes the first death of a name submitted for the 2019 HPDP. He will not score any main points but I will award 1.12 condolence points (one hundredth of a point for every year of his grand long life) to @YorkshireBanker after the master lists are all up.

YorkshireBanker you are now allowed to enter a new name in Overton's stead. Can be a sub or a completely new name, for any spot on your list, in accordance with the rules.

If anyone who submitted their teams via PM picked Overton, do send me a follow up PM with your replacement.

My team:

1) Clarissa Eden

2) Bill Turnbull

3) Wolfgang Bosbach

4) Steffan Lewis

5) George Alagiah

6) Henry Kissinger

7) Leslie Phillips

8) Francis Graham-Smith (astronomer)

9) Betty Boothroyd

10) Michael Jopling

• Like 1

Georges Loinger's resistance was for nowt in regards to seeing 2019. I'll do what I did with Overton and award @Prophet his pick's age * 0.01 = 1.08 points in consolation should Loinger get a QO. With two big French papers counting, the odds look good on that.

Prophet is now entitled to either elevate a sub and add a new sub or just add a new name entirely in his team due to Loinger's death - a very lucky break for him considering I previously rejected his institution of a new name.

16 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Alright, everyone's favorite cigar-puffing pneumonia-magnet supercentenarian WWII vet, Richard Overton, becomes the first death of a name submitted for the 2019 HPDP. He will not score any main points but I will award 1.12 condolence points (one hundredth of a point for every year of his grand long life) to @YorkshireBanker after the master lists are all up.

YorkshireBanker you are now allowed to enter a new name in Overton's stead. Can be a sub or a completely new name, for any spot on your list, in accordance with the rules.

If anyone who submitted their teams via PM picked Overton, do send me a follow up PM with your replacement.

Hmm, bit of a pisser for those of us already well into compiling master-lists.

• Like 1

My entry:

1)Kathleen Blanco

2)Tim Conway 

3)Bill Turnbull

4)Olivia Newton John

5)Jean Louis Trintignant

6)George Alagiah

7)Lee Kerslake

8)John McCririck 

9)Leah Bracknell 

10)Steffan Lewis

Subs

1)Trevor Peacock

2)John Hume

On 27/12/2018 at 17:01, Death Impends said:

Masazo Nonaka

8 hours ago, YorkshireBanker said:

Masazo Nonaka

I have instated Nonaka in the last spot on your main team (ie the 10th spot that starts out as 5 points). If you wish to put him in another spot, let me know.

While it's up in the air re Whitfield (who, unless she's in a PMed team, doesn't seem to be a pick here anyway, so even if she is dead it matters not for this pool), looks certain Simon Ricketts has died and he was indeed a pick here. Prophet was the only one to publicly pick him but I'm fairly certain that some of those who PMed me had him aboard as well. Will award .5 consolation points to anyone who had him assuming Guardian gives him his due.

@Prophet will now have to put two new names in his team as he has yet to get back to me regarding Loinger. Anyone who had Ricketts in their PMed team, send me a follow up PM detailing what name you wish to add to your HPDP team and where. Can be promotion of a sub and institution of a new sub OR institution of a new name entirely, any spot on your main team.

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

While it's up in the air re Whitfield (who, unless she's in a PMed team, doesn't seem to be a pick here anyway, so even if she is dead it matters not for this pool), looks certain Simon Ricketts has died and he was indeed a pick here. Prophet was the only one to publicly pick him but I'm fairly certain that some of those who PMed me had him aboard as well. Will award .5 consolation points to anyone who had him assuming Guardian gives him his due.

@Prophet will now have to put two new names in his team as he has yet to get back to me regarding Loinger. Anyone who had Ricketts in their PMed team, send me a follow up PM detailing what name you wish to add to your HPDP team and where. Can be promotion of a sub and institution of a new sub OR institution of a new name entirely, any spot on your main team.

In light of Simon's death i've sent a revised team Di.

• Thanks 1

I'm not real clear on the master list- are these last years participants,  or the only folk allowed to register, or both perhaps?  Anyway, here is my list.  If its accepted, great, if not, maybe next year?

1.  Fernando Ricksen

2. Shivakumara Swami

3. Karen Lewis

4. Samula Anoia

5. Andrew McGahan

6.Andrew Fairlie (chef)

7. Chris Wilson (musician)

8. Steffan Lewis

9. Jean-Louis Tritignant

10. Kevin McIntyre (attorney)

Subs

Michael Robinson

Edmund Capon

• Like 1

The masterlist is just a list of people who have already entered their teams (to be fully expanded to include their picks after the deadline). Anyone is free to enter; will put yours in in a moment.

Here's my surely victorious squad for 2019.  

Dr Francis Jackson

Mother Delores Hart

Sister Catherine Wybourne

Father Lazurus El-Anthony

Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Lesley Saweard

Sister Helen Prejean

Norma Waterson

Pema Chodron

Pope Emeritus Benedict

Sub: John Prine

Shane McGowan

P.S Great to see so many entries already :)

About time I gave this a go:

1. Leah Blanknell

2. Linda Nolan

3. Olivia De Havilland

4.Vera Lynn

5. Dame Maggie Smith

6. Olivia Newton-John

7. Doris Day

8. Sheila Mercier

9. Diana Rigg

10. Julie Goodyear

Res : Virginia Paton, Eileen Derbyshire

Thanks !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WidowsPeak said:

About time I gave this a go:

1. Leah Blanknell

2. Linda Nolan

3. Olivia De Havilland

4.Vera Lynn

5. Dame Maggie Smith

6. Olivia Newton-John

7. Doris Day

8. Sheila Mercier

9. Diana Rigg

10. Julie Goodyear

Res : Virginia Paton, Eileen Derbyshire

Thanks !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This ain't gonna be the same without RA at the helm, although, I'm sure, DI will do a splendid job.

My team to follow.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

This ain't gonna be the same without RA at the helm, although, I'm sure, DI will do a splendid job.

My team to follow.

Ok..

Olivia De Havilland

Carol Channing

Kirk Douglas

Robert Mugabe

June Lockhart

Jack Charlton

Olivia Newton John

Jimmy Greaves

Hal Holbrook

Pearl Carr

Subs: Glynis Johns, George Cohen

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

P.S Great to see so many entries already :)

Indeed, turnout has been quite robust :) 28 teams entered now - has to be a record or close to it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Death Impends said:

My two new names: Paul Dewar and William Frankland on the same place as Ricketts and Loinger.

• Thanks 1

Here's mine:

Anne Buydens

Peter Tork

Pearl Carr

Jet Black

Robert Mugabe

Pete Murray

Lionel Blair

Trevor Peacock

Ginger Baker

Jean-Louis Trintignant