Death Impends

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2019

Team submitted, good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Don Lusk is a gone husk, leaving @markb4 feeling inanimate over the news. Should there be a QO, 1.05 consolation points will be awarded. Let me know what new name you wish to institute into your team, mark, and where.

• Like 1

1. Andrew McGahan

2. Shivakumara Swam

3. Kathleen Blanco

4. Bishop FAQuinn

5. Leah Bracknell

6. Marieke Vervoort

7. Prince Phillip

8. Johnny Clegg

9. Rosalynn Carter

10. Beth Chapman

Sub1 Kirk Douglas

Sub2 Roberta McCain

3 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Don Lusk is a gone husk, leaving @markb4 feeling inanimate over the news. Should there be a QO, 1.05 consolation points will be awarded. Let me know what new name you wish to institute into your team, mark, and where.

I'll have my 1st sub, Bill Turnbull, take the 10th place and move Leah Bracknell, Prince Philip, and Jean Grand Duke of Luxembourg up one spot each to fill Don Lusk's absence. I'll edit my original post to make note of this change.

2 minutes ago, markb4 said:

I'll have my 1st sub, Bill Turnbull, take the 10th place and move Leah Bracknell, Prince Philip, and Jean Grand Duke of Luxembourg up one spot each to fill Don Lusk's absence. I'll edit my original post to make note of this change.

Changes noted. Do you also wish to institute a new second sub?

• Like 1

Just now, Death Impends said:

Changes noted. Do you also wish to institute a new second sub?

No, I have confidence that not more than one other person from my list will die before 2019.

Just now, markb4 said:

No, I have confidence that not more than one other person from my list will die before 2019.

The picks on your subs bench will still count as part of your actual team - 25 points for one sub hit and another 50 if you get a second sub hit. So there is still incentive to add a second sub.

Just now, Death Impends said:

The picks on your subs bench will still count as part of your actual team - 25 points for one sub hit and another 50 if you get a second sub hit. So there is still incentive to add a second sub.

Oh sorry, I forgot about that rule. Then I'll make my 2nd sub Katherine Johnson. I'll edit my original post to include that.

• Thanks 1

Alright

With the submission of my DDP team, I have submitted all deadpool entries due January 1 and thus my self-imposed embargo on viewing PMs has expired. I shall get started on entering the teams of those who PMed me now.

The full masterlist of teams will be posted at some point tomorrow, after the deadline for a 10 name + 2 sub squad has passed.

• Like 1

1-Grace Slick
2-Jean Louis Trintignant
3-Summer Redstone
4-Stanley Ho
5-James Hong
6-Fernando Ricksen
7-P rem Tinsulanonda
8-John Madden
9-Burt Bacharach
10-Nicole Kidman
reserve
Vivieene Tam
Giorgio Armani

Alrighty, the deadline to enter a team with 10 main names has passed a little over three hours ago. As it stands, we have a hearty 36 teams entered with 220 names picked across them - almost certainly a record for the Hartlepool Deadlypool, and thanks to all for participating. The full list of picks and teams will be unveiled tomorrow (in my time zone - technically later today to those in the UK!).

As emailed...

Sir Creep's entry:
1. Shirley Boone
2. Dave Bartholemew
3. Bill Freehan
4. Lloyd Klein
5. Jose Jose

6. Lee Kerslake
7. Tim Conway
8. Manohar Parrikar
9. Kerri Parker
10. Ali Bongo (death by Bongo bonus)

Alts:  (Now unnecessary)
1. Budiardjo 'Budi' Tek
2. Otis Taylor

MPFC's line up

HPDP

Shivakumara Swami

Kathleen Blanco

Tim Conway

Keith Cass

Jean-Louis Trintignant

Roberta McCain

Lee Kerslake

Nobby Stiles

Michael Robinson

Bob Hawke

Subs

Noel Conway

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

I'm guessing Kader Khan is subbed on the HPDP,  right?

Here's my HPDP entry

1.      Gustav Gerneth

2.      Sir David McNee

3.      Lee Merriwether

4.      Cicely Tyson

5.      Pik-Sen Lim

6.      Bob Barker

7.      Clive Thomas

8.      Virginia McKenna

9.      Mervyn Kitchen

10.  William Daniels

Subs:

Olivia De Haviland

Tony Bennett

1.       Peter Marshall – actor, Hollywood Squares

2.       Andrew McGahan

3.       Johnny Clegg

4.       Kathleen Blanco

5.       Lloyd Klein

6.       Jean Louis Trintignant

7.       Lee Kerslake

8.       Kaye Ballard

9.       Fatima Ali

10.   Arte Johnson

subs

11.   Gerard Bassett

12.   Andrew Fairlie

As sent to DI around Christmas.

6 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I'm guessing Kader Khan is subbed on the HPDP,  right?

No teams entered Kader Khan, but yeah no Hewlett provisions for the HPDP.

Anyways, some more news on the HPDP front:

Firstly, Don Lusk has received his first HPDP QO, surprisingly via la Repubblica. markb4 is henceforth awarded his 1.05 consolation points.

Secondly, we have a first late entrant in Wormfarmer. He wasn't fully aware of the late rules so entered a 10 name team (plus one sub). One of these picks on the main team was already a unique - the rest were on multiple teams or unpicked entirely - so cutting it down to 9 was pretty easy. I did give him permission to bring that name down to the subs bench but he decided to institute a different name as the second sub, and I allowed it.

While Wormfarmer decided against it in this particular case, I am going to add some clarification to the late team rules that you can enter a currently unique name as a sub, because subs have no bearing on a name's unique status. I implemented the "no unique names on the team" provision because I do not want anyone to lose the uniqueness of their picks to people that entered late. But uniqueness is only tallied among names that are part of a team's main 10 (or 9). My apologies for not including that elaboration previously.

Thirdly, work shall commence shortly on editing the masterlists into the second post on page one.

15 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

No teams entered Kader Khan, but yeah no Hewlett provisions for the HPDP.

Anyways, some more news on the HPDP front:

Firstly, Don Lusk has received his first HPDP QO, surprisingly via la Repubblica. markb4 is henceforth awarded his 1.05 consolation points.

Secondly, we have a first late entrant in Wormfarmer. He wasn't fully aware of the late rules so entered a 10 name team (plus one sub). One of these picks on the main team was already a unique - the rest were on multiple teams or unpicked entirely - so cutting it down to 9 was pretty easy. I did give him permission to bring that name down to the subs bench but he decided to institute a different name as the second sub, and I allowed it.

While Wormfarmer decided against it in this particular case, I am going to add some clarification to the late team rules that you can enter a currently unique name as a sub, because subs have no bearing on a name's unique status. I implemented the "no unique names on the team" provision because I do not want anyone to lose the uniqueness of their picks to people that entered late. But uniqueness is only tallied among names that are part of a team's main 10 (or 9). My apologies for not including that elaboration previously.

Thirdly, work shall commence shortly on editing the masterlists into the second post on page one.

Di does those who had simon ricketts get any points or nul points?

9 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Di does those who had simon ricketts get any points or nul points?

Anyone who picked someone who jumped the gun gets the pick's age * 0.01 in consolation points if they get an obit. You and the other three who went for Ricketts all have .5 points to your name at the moment.

• Like 1

OK, after a few hours work, the masterlists of picks and teams have been posted! Be sure to double check your teams in case I missed anything.

And with the teams all in and the masterlists taken care of, I can now post the first scoreboard with the previously-promised consolation points for Overton, Loinger, Ricketts, and Lusk:

1.    Prophet    1.58
2.    YorkshireBanker    1.12
3.    markb4    1.05
=4.    drol    0.5
=4.    Phantom of the Midway    0.5
=4.    the_engineer    0.5
=7.    Everyone else    0

Given the increased participation rate, I will likely post a new scoreboard for every few hits rather than each hit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Discounting those who jumped the gun, former FERC honcho Kevin McIntyre becomes the first fatality of a HPDP selectee. However he still awaits an obit. If he does get something, Skinny kiltrunner will be rewarded with a paltry 5 points for placing him dead last on his team, plus 2 for uniqueness.

UPDATE: The New York Times has provided a McIntyre obit. Points duly awarded.

On 03/01/2019 at 20:36, Death Impends said:

Discounting those who jumped the gun, former FERC honcho Kevin McIntyre becomes the first fatality of a HPDP selectee. However he still awaits an obit. If he does get something, Skinny kiltrunner will be rewarded with a paltry 5 points for placing him dead last on his team, plus 2 for uniqueness.

UPDATE: The New York Times has provided a McIntyre obit. Points duly awarded.

Aye, but at least he's got proper points

Game on!

From Plaid to died. Four teams picked Steffan Lewis. However, three of those four were reckoning him as a late-year death, showing how tricky the timing aspect of this pool can get. nantonian receives 35 points, drol 15, Skinny kiltrunner 10, and Sean 5.

3 hours ago, Death Impends said:

From Plaid to died. Four teams picked Steffan Lewis. However, three of those four were reckoning him as a late-year death, showing how tricky the timing aspect of this pool can get. nantonian receives 35 points, drol 15, Skinny kiltrunner 10, and Sean 5.

Yeah, well Sean at least can content himself with a relatively big hitter for Deathrace purposes, granted he got decent points on the board when the leaders were already touching 1500, but a good call either way.