Death Impends

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2019

3 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Skinny kiltrunner gets more than 10 points from a hit for a change, and receives 30.

Sweet.  Thought I was going to be nickel and diming it all year.  With 4 hits already, though, and LFN off to a massive lead, I think I am near mathematically impossible now to reach the lead.

This year my strategy was "10 hits in the wrong order is better than zero hits in the right order". But LfN's jackpot hit will still be hard to reach.

As Fatima Ali is going down quickly, so are my chances.

On 17/01/2019 at 23:49, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Seems that if we continue the trend of my bottom picks dying first, then Jean-Louis Tritignant and Andrew Fairlie are on borrowed time.

37R8RByzW32YjHD0ws.gif

#prayforJeanLouis

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj3tq_gtIHgAhUGAGMBHQJACbYQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-scotland-tayside-central-46958875&psig=AOvVaw0M48Ksmkrmpy-UMSODhVm4&ust=1548247292405089

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Five Andrew Fairlie selectees.

msc the big winner of this hit as he cooks up 50 points for getting his second sub hit in record time - before anyone on his main team!

Phantom of the Midway had him as first sub, for 25 points.

gcreptile and CaptainChorizo both get 20 points.

Skinny kiltrunner reverts to his unlucky trend of the lower-end names dying more quickly and gets 15 points.

• Like 2

No pun intended here

Fairly lively old pool atm, eh?

I'm praying for Tritigant but mainly that he hangs in there a wee while longer since he's only 5th on my list

Kaye then... it were previously noted that both of msc's subs died before any of his main team picks. I stand corrected, now that news has emerged Kaye Ballard died the day before Fairlie. He receives a base 15 points, plus 18 bonus points (unique bonus times Squares bonus) for a total of 33.

• Like 1

Fatima's an apparition alright...

Four teams picked Fatima Ali, the last standing of the year's deadpooling foodie trio. Not a heavy scorer, though: Her "year to live" prognosis last fall meant those teams placed her low, only for her to decline much more quickly than anticipated. That great chagrin of timing-based deadpools!

Phantom of the Midway and gcreptile each get 20 points, and msc 15 points. CaptainChorizo picked her as a sub, so gets 25.

• Like 1

Andrew McGahan a heavy hitter here. 7 teams picked him, and all but 1 placed him in their first two slots, though his surprise outlasting of the chefs, Steffan Lewis, Sri Sri, etc has scuppered his value for a few teams.

John Key and Wormfarmer get 45 points.

drol and CaptainChorizo 40.

msc 35.

gcreptile 30.

and Skinny kiltrunner 15.

We have a new scoreboard, and a new leader.

msc

Lord Fellatio Nelson

gcreptile

CaptainChorizo

=5.

drol

=5.

Phantom of the Midway

John Key

Skinny kiltrunner

Sir Creep

maryportfuncity

=11.

theoldlady

=11.

Wormfarmer

nantonian2013

YorkshireBanker

Sean

Prophet

markb4

the_engineer

=19.

Everyone else

Has someone proven that Wilson croaked before Bassett?  
GUess I should have read rules re: subs, they score more than regular team, that is crazy.  Oh well.  Next  year.  Noted.

(Edit -- did I just read despite YW proving the other way around, that based on what time someone TWEETED about the death that is going to trump actual facts?  That's more bizarre than the sub scoring).

Canuck politician Paul was a Dewar die pick for Prophet. He gets 40 base points, plus 16 bonus points for uniqueness, for a total of 56.

• Like 1

Peter Tork is a stepping stone - specifically for the HPDP aspirations of Toast and theoldlady. 45 points apiece leaves them feeling like homecoming queens. Although they might be chagrining the fact that the Monkees didn't do Hollywood Squares until after Tork left the group!

• Like 2

According to my list I have a hit in my Hitchcock-themed HPDP 2019 entry with the passing of Katherine Helmond. 5 7 points.

BBC Obit

As Katherine Helmond heads into the Family Plot, Torva's the boss of this update... or maybe not really, since she picked Helmond dead last. 5 points plus 2 unique points for a total of 7 puts her on the scoreboard. And it's been a month since the last scoreboard were posted, so a good time for a new one...

msc

Lord Fellatio Nelson

gcreptile

CaptainChorizo

=5.

drol

=5.

Phantom of the Midway

=7.

John Key

=7.

theoldlady

Skinny kiltrunner

Sir Creep

Prophet

maryportfuncity

=13.

Toast

=13.

Wormfarmer

nantonian2013

YorkshireBanker

Torva Messor

Sean

markb4

the_engineer

=21.

Everyone else

• Like 5

First time I've led the Hartlepool Deadlypool since January 2012!

• Like 1

Manohar Parrikar is a unique for Sir Creep here... nothing outside of Indian sources yet though, so wait is still on for a QO.

Could be while.   
Below are all the QO links for ND Tiwari:

• Haha 2

I had shared your line of thought on that, Sir Creep, but it seems there's no rhyme or reason to which Indian politicos obit and which ones don't. Parrikar's mustered up a Mail obit, giving you 20 points plus an extra 8 for uniqueness.

25 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I had shared your line of thought on that, Sir Creep, but it seems there's no rhyme or reason to which Indian politicos obit and which ones don't. Parrikar's mustered up a Mail obit, giving you 20 points plus an extra 8 for uniqueness.

Thank you sir.  I'll take it but the data points on India/Mid East obits are terribly scattered on my 'Absolutely Certain DDP Hits' Diagram.  I can't even fucking tell if this data point is an outlier or the norm.
SC

• Like 1

Lively day today. Australian art scholar Edmund Capon is kaput and he was one of Skinny's subs. The Australian has covered his death so Skinny is good to go for 25 sub points.

Bishop Francis Quinn was picked by John Key here. However still no sign of a QO. Some non-California US sources have reported on his death, so there may be a chance he winds up in the NYT or WaPo.

The aforementioned Quinn looks a sure List of the Loster now. Beyond that, a couple of deaths in this post but only one actual hit.

Bill Heine's death early in the month was not yet acknowledged for this pool. He was a unique for drol. 30 base points plus 12 unique points sees him leap a-Headington with 42 points.

Elsewhere, Watergate burglar James McCord, a pick for my Nixon theme team, has died... way back in 2017! If anyone else had picked the bastard, I might have awarded them a tiny consolation score, given the assumption at the start of the year was he was still alive. But as a hostly sacrifice, all my team is getting is the indignity of having a body that's been cooling for nearly two years in the squad.

• Like 2

Cass a-rolls in his grave... Keith Cass, that is. He was picked by maryport (40 points) and engineer (45 base points).

However, Cass is also the first hit to be subject to an FFBI penalty, albeit a gentler one. Cass was proactive with his illness as a longtime activist, and even an MBE recipient. But his activism was entirely cancer-based, and his profile never quite rose to Kate Granger levels. So both teams are docked their base score divided by 5 in points - maryport losing 8 points and engineer losing 9.

Four hits and nearly two months since the last scoreboard, time for a new one...

msc

Lord Fellatio Nelson

gcreptile

drol

CaptainChorizo

Skinny kiltrunner

Sir Creep

Phantom of the Midway

=9.

John Key

=9.

theoldlady

maryportfuncity

Prophet

=13.

Toast

=13.

Wormfarmer

the_engineer

nantonian2013

YorkshireBanker

Torva Messor

Sean

markb4

=21.

Everyone else

Not sure of the greater surprise regarding Le Duc Anh's earth-shattering demise - that he's dead, or that only one team here (theoldlady) picked him. The news has yet to filter beyond Vietnamese sources, but a QO should be here within a few hours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Firstly, Anh took longer than expected to obit but it has duly arrived. theoldlady gets her points, 35 base plus 14 for uniqueness for a total of 49.

Secondly, Lux like we lost another 98-year-old unique leader in Grand Duke Jean. markb4 picked him and gets his first hit (consolation points for Don Lusk notwithstanding) though he didn't get too Grand a total having received 20 base points plus 8 unique points for 28.

• Thanks 2