Sign in to follow this  
Cowboy Ronnie

William Rehnquist

Well it doesn't look like Bill's getting any better.

Interesting approach for a judge, able to pass judgement without hearing the arguments!

Bill's still ill

Well it doesn't look like Bill's getting any better.

Interesting approach for a judge, able to pass judgement without hearing the arguments!

Bill's still ill

It looks like his health is improving.

Rehnquist returns to high court bench

It says there he has had a tracheotomy.

Didn't somebody write in the Pope Thread that tracheotomy patients have a pretty low chance of survival in the long term?

Same goes for thyroid cancer patients probably too.

Guest Guest

Rehnquist is my choice for #5. If that happens has anyone noticed that no Americans on the list have died.(not to be ugly) He would be the first.

It is interesting that there hasnt been an appointment since 1994, 5 of the 9 are broadly republican so one would have expected at least one of them to have retired.

Maybe they dont like Dubya.

That's a very interesting thought. Considering how Rehnquist and O'Connor voted in Bush vs. Gore back in 2000, I'm very surprised they didn't retire in the first term. It was reported at the time that O'Connor began crying at an election night party when Florida was first called for Gore saying this meant she would have to wait four more years to retire to her Arizona home. It does make one wonder why they haven't left before now. But I believe we'll see Rehnquist step aside in the next couple of months(if he doesn't become # 5 on the list) when the court term ends. What will be even more interesting is who Bush will pick. I have heard rumors in Kentucky political circles that Republican Senator Mitch McConnell (KY) is high on the list for a Supreme Court vacancy.

And what do chick suicide bombers get?

There is none, because dare the men give the woman freedom, Allah would never forgive :huh:

There is none, because dare the men give the woman freedom, Allah would never forgive :huh:

There are none?

Try telling that to people in Russia / Chechnya, Israel, Iraq Sri Lanka and so on.

As one female suicide bomber said to the other... "Does my bomb look big in this skirt?"

There are none?

Try telling that to people in Russia / Chechnya, Israel, Iraq Sri Lanka and so on.

As one female suicide bomber said to the other... "Does my bomb look big in this skirt?"

No, no, you see, it's a legendary style of talking. So that I sound godly like. Come on. I fooled you like I was from LOTR didn't I :(

Anyways, yes, there are none. Considering the fact that the martyrs within the whole Al-Queda thing believe in a religion and a form of ruling in which women are not allowed to experience the may good freedoms the men of that country have. This does not go for partiucularly any other suicide bombing clubs >_>

................as I happened to misread the entire thread >_>

Anyways, William Rehnquist, he's old, might he die soon on this year, yes or no >_>

Posts written in an understandable language and style (such are found in the first two pages of this thread!) are much appreciated.

It is always good to rub up against someone else's thoughts and ideas, but if those ideas are not expressed in a clear way, then misunderstanding and unnecessary conflicts can arise.

Or the ideas just get ignored.

But it also helps if the reader pays attention!!!

...perhaps a reflection of the state of the world?

;);)

Rehnquist, 80, has been the focus of retirement speculation since disclosing in October that he had thyroid cancer. He defied the expectations of many - and stopped talk of an imminent retirement - by returning to full-time work after undergoing chemotherapy and radiation.

But he remains frail and now that the court is in the homestretch of its term, speculation about his future is beginning again.

It reminds me of an old canidate who is no longer with us "Pope John Paul"

For exsample - Pope John Paul would be in the hospital with the flu and then suddenly get better which would be a suprise. Everyone would think hes lucky maybe he will get over this but in reality he was dieing only slowly and as it was all worsning it just needed that time to kick in.

My point is i say renequist will fail to live out the year no matter how many small recovering miracles he has.

There is already an existing William Rehnquist thread. Why don't you post your comment there instead of starting a new thread?

Mods can you please merge them?

Thanks

ff

[Now merged - DWB :blink: ]

Guest Death List Observer

Another Supreme Court Justice, John Paul Stevens, recently turned 85 on April 20. I believe that he should be taken into consideration for the DeathList.

Guest Heathurr
:lol: ur weird. and ugly. :lol:

Guest Guest
:lol: ur weird. and ugly.  :lol:

Thank you mother.

If the US supreme court judges are all so old, maybe we should put them all in as a job lot.

<_< ur weird. and ugly.  :o

Thank you mother.

If the US supreme court judges are all so old, maybe we should put them all in as a job lot.

Ugly,Old,Both

It really makes no difference. Lets just remember its

the [death] that counts.

Guest deathgal

Picture and article on CNN.com. Rehnquist visited a Capitol Hill doctor on Monday. Photo shows him in a wheelchair and looking pretty roughed up.

Picture and article on CNN.com. Rehnquist visited a Capitol Hill doctor on Monday. Photo shows him in a wheelchair and looking pretty roughed up.

I saw a news clip of William Rehnquist's visit to the Capitol Medical Department from a week ago and he looked awful. It is clear that the chemotherapy treatment has significantly weakened him and it does not look like he will survive for too long. From all appearances, he will be stepping down from the U.S. Supreme Court when the current session ends in late June.

Rehnquist Visits Capitol Medical Dept.

Guest IYG

I heard a rumor Rehnquist has resigned, can anyone confirm this?

Seeing as how Sandra Day O'connor has now retired from the bench it's highly unlikely Rehnquist will hand in his walking papers. I saw him on the news and he's oddly enough starting to look healthier (which all things considered doesn't mean too mulch).

Strangely i just read that he has somewhat of a bad fever. Also he has

thyroid cancer to go along with it. Hopefully now the DL will

get that 2 or 3 in a week to throw the statistics back on track.

Possibly we could be looking at lucky # 7.