Sign in to follow this  
Cowboy Ronnie

William Rehnquist

Possibly we could be looking at lucky # 7.  :(

It's a race between William Rehnquist and Ronnie Biggs for that spot. :angel4:

Guest LilMimi
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/07/13/rehnquis...alth/index.html

Another, different link.

As a Republican, I hope he dies. As an American, knowing Bush is in office, I hope he lives!

I agree! As no fan of Dubya, it sickens me that in all certainty, he will name Rehnquist' replacement as well as O'Connors'. I did a little research earlier today and it just seems that Supreme Court vacancies just haven't worked out to the advantage of Democratic presidents in the last 30 years or so. Jimmy Carter had no retirees to replace and Bill Clinton only had two in his first year. In contrast Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Bush I each had 11 appointments in all of their tenures. As the country learned in Bush v. Gore in 2000, these appointments had a definite impact on that outcome. Nixon and Reagan are dead, but their appointments have had a lasting impact. I suspect that if you asked Bill Clinton what his biggest regret is (aside from Monica and not capturing Bin Laden), it would be not being able to replace William Rehnquist.

Possibly we could be looking at lucky # 7.  :(

It's a race between William Rehnquist and Ronnie Biggs for that spot. :angel4:

Hmmm well it's almost obvious that Renequist will not last the

year but Biggs... :) Even though he is unwell with i think 2

heart attacks and 2 strokes there is really no telling on how

long he will live. Renequist on the other hand has Thyroid Cancer.

Even if Biggs doesn"t last much longer i still say that Renequist goes

before hand.

He's been discharged from hospital again.

A spokesperson told that he had been discharged but did not give any details of his condition - which is promising. :o

Guest J. Westerhaus

"I suspect that if you asked Bill Clinton what his biggest regret is (aside from Monica and not capturing Bin Laden), it would be not being able to replace William Rehnquist."

I doubt it. Clinton still got to nominate and place a Supreme Court Justice: Stephen Breyer, in 1994. There was no way Rehnquist was going to step down during Clinton's administration, and it hasn't been until recent years that his health has ever even been in question.

According to CNN Rehnquist has already returned home. But that doesn't mean he is better. It could be that his cancer is so bad, that there is nothing more that the doctors can do for him. He may just have returned home to die. The interesting thing now will be if he stops going to the office. If that happens I'd say the end is probably drawing nearer.

"According to CNN Rehnquist has already returned home. But that doesn't mean he is better. It could be that his cancer is so bad, that there is nothing more that the doctors can do for him. He may just have returned home to die...If that happens I'd say the end is probably drawing nearer."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,164810,00.html

Apparently he wasn't admitted to the hospital, merely evaluated and sent home. Sure, two hospitalizations are enough to get your hopes up, but apparently he was told that fever is common to cancer sufferers.....

Probably won't kick the bucket tonight, it seems.

Miss Ellie was only 8 when she had JR? She had lung cancer and was never on the list? Larry Hagman was in 1996-- a fierce opponent of smoking... The woman who replaced her on the show died during the show and Babs got her job back, thank the Lord. Donna will Reed no more. The woman who played Donna on Dallas must be dead. Has anyone seen her since the show? Anyway, Barbara bel Geddes is now and forever most assuredly DEAD.

Rehnquist is not; a walking tracheotomy. He was Chief Justice when the show was on...

Miss Ellie was only 8 when she had JR? She had lung cancer and was never on the list? Larry Hagman was in 1996-- a fierce opponent of smoking... The woman who replaced her on the show died during the show and Babs got her job back, thank the Lord. Donna will Reed no more. The woman who played Donna on Dallas must be dead. Has anyone seen her since the show? Anyway, Barbara bel Geddes is now and forever most assuredly DEAD.

Rehnquist is not; a walking tracheotomy. He was Chief Justice when the show was on...

You're right! Rehnquist was on the court when Dallas was running. And he has also reportedly been a lifelong SMOKER! I assume he has now quit since he has a trach 24/7. So we may soon have 3rd celeb cancer death related to cigarettes.

Miss Ellie was only 8 when she had JR?  She had lung cancer and was never on the list?  Larry Hagman was in 1996-- a fierce opponent of smoking... The woman who replaced her on the show died during the show and Babs got her job back, thank the Lord.  Donna will Reed no more.  The woman who played Donna on Dallas must be dead.  Has anyone seen her since the show?  Anyway, Barbara bel Geddes is now and forever most assuredly DEAD. 

Rehnquist is not;  a walking tracheotomy.  He was Chief Justice when the show was on...

You're right! Rehnquist was on the court when Dallas was running. And he has also reportedly been a lifelong SMOKER! I assume he has now quit since he has a trach 24/7. So we may soon have 3rd celeb cancer death related to cigarettes.

Maybe Gracie but his thyroid cancer might catch up with

him just a bit sooner..

I'm pretty sure Rehnquist has been on the court for most, if not all, of my life. In fact, I'm not that old (almost 24) but I definitely don't remember Dallas or even who J.R. was, let alone who shot him.

Guest LilMimi

Robert Novak reports in his column at CNN.COM/ALLPOLITICS that sources around the Supreme Court are saying that Rehnquist's health continues to deteriorate and that despite his vow to stay, the vacancy may come soon. Oh well I guess we can say afterward that ole Bill was a trooper to the end!

I don't trust too much of what comes out of Washington, especially when said "facts" are emanating out of the mouths of LAWYERS!

Guest House of Nails

He's dead.

The ninth correct pick comes from the field of nine justices.

U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, William Rehnquist has died from thyroid cancer at the age of 80, making it the 9th successful hit for the 2005 deathlist.

Chief Justice Rehnquist has died

Bugger, I did not have him on my 2005 ddp list and his death will mean an unprecedented 10th successful hit for Fallen Sparrow.

Guest iain

CNN reporting Renquist died at home tonight aged 80

Guest Smee

Dead, according to NBC here in the States. Deathlist strikes again it seems.