Gooseberry Crumble

Julie Goodyear - Coronation Street legend

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Pita?

Pain in the arse...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I don't think you are the only one that isn't too keen on her.

She certainly had what is referred to as ''difficult relations ' with some of the younger cast members  like Angela  Griffin  who laughed about  Julie's lack of careers success post Coronation Street in the late 1990s saying she'd  heard rumours about her before  quickly  realising she had said too much and insulted a sacred cow of the show.....

• Like 1

The doc referred to on the previous page is 'You Can' t Fire Me, I'm Famous'

Bill Tarney on original stint. 

She could be a cow. She would help me as long as she could see I was helping myself. 

Bill Tarney on her return...

Quite a lot of us felt like I did, especially the older cast, oh boy this is going to be a testing time... 

I'm pretty lucky I didn't need make up. What can you do with a face like this. People like Julie had to be in an hour and hour and a half before me. So you want to try that for like a ten week stretch that's hard. 

• Like 1

tbh there is a whole segment on Julie Goodyear in the documentary but no her, as Crem and co mentioned.

However, OK magazine said she recorded for a different documentary entirely: Queens of the Street.

Which I cba sitting through but which imdb claims she missed too after being announced for it.

Read as much or as little into that as you'd like!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, msc said:

tbh there is a whole segment on Julie Goodyear in the documentary but no her, as Crem and co mentioned.

However, OK magazine said she recorded for a different documentary entirely: Queens of the Street.

Which I cba sitting through but which imdb claims she missed too after being announced for it.

Read as much or as little into that as you'd like!

Queens Of the Street was the one I was talking about, No appearance on it despite Bet being mentioned. Amanda Barrie appeared and looked well. 

I remember her doing Life Stories with Piers Morgan and basically saying she didn't care at all about her current husband.  Who was sitting in the audience and looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him up.

26 minutes ago, Beachy Head said:

I remember her doing Life Stories with Piers Morgan and basically saying she didn't care at all about her current husband.  Who was sitting in the audience and looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him up.

I remember that, didn’t he stalk her beforehand if true could explain it though why you would get together with someone like that is a mystery and very strange though I might be getting mixed up there with the stalking side of things. Goodyear didn’t come across well at all in that Interview came across as a bully and a throughly nasty piece of work. 

13 hours ago, Beachy Head said:

I'd forgotten this! I've just skimmed the interview on youtube but can't find it for the life of me. Would love to cringe through that again if anybody finds it.

Was interviewed last week for a YouTube thing. Didn’t appear on screen but sounds like, well, Julie Goodyear. Just thought it would be relevant to this thread seeing as she has retreated completely from the public eye these past few years  

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 20:36, soapywater said:

Was interviewed last week for a YouTube thing. Didn’t appear on screen but sounds like, well, Julie Goodyear. Just thought it would be relevant to this thread seeing as she has retreated completely from the public eye these past few years  

Her non screen appearance  could be as a result of vanity and or poor health.

She's not normally shy!

Ta for posting the link.

I posted it elsewhere but only just noticed she has her own thread. 

I’ve heard she has been selling stuff for charity a fair bit this year. Maybe a sign she is on the way out. I can’t see her lasting many more years

• Thanks 1

if I were a betting man, Drop 40 next year, given frail health before this, name value and how quickly Barbara Windsor went. 

Possible DL pick too given age/illness/their liking for soap actors. I know @Gooseberry Crumble has been calling for it for the last year or two.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

if I were a betting man, Drop 40 next year, given frail health before this, name value and how quickly Barbara Windsor went. 

Possible DL pick too given age/illness/their liking for soap actors. I know @Gooseberry Crumble has been calling for it for the last year or two.

Aye

Have we any idea what might have caused this? 

_130018657_46df812c3f34856567ee3ecf23074

• Like 2

4 hours ago, msc said:

Sad news- an especially horrible illness.  Those sound like solid good bets to me.  I would be surprised given her unique and iconic place in British culture if she wasn't on the official list next year but then again  I have been surprised  before.

• Like 1

2 years, tops.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

2 years, tops.

Good years?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sly Ronnie said:

2 years, tops.

Dementia can last for years and aside from horrendously high blood pressure a couple of decades back and cervical cancer in 1979 I`m not sure of how bad her past medical history is for an 81 year old however she has drank and chain-smoked (60 a day) virtually her entire adult life which makes her at high risk of a lot of other things.Does sound like the dementia is quite bad already despite only being recently diagnosed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Dementia can last for years and aside from horrendously high blood pressure a couple of decades back and cervical cancer in 1979 I`m not sure of how bad her past medical history is for an 81 year old however she has drank and chain-smoked (60 a day) virtually her entire adult life which makes her at high risk of a lot of other things.Does sound like the dementia is quite bad already despite only being recently diagnosed.

Then again, the current standard of Corrie acting means you can't totally rule out a comeback!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Sad news- an especially horrible illness.  Those sound like solid good bets to me.  I would be surprised given her unique and iconic place in British culture if she wasn't on the official list next year but then again  I have been surprised  before.

Barbara Windsor never made the list so I wouldn`t bet on it. 

7 hours ago, msc said:

I would bet on her being on the Drop 40 next year.As for DL not so sure as they may think it is too soon after diagnosis. 

Just now, Sean said:

I would bet on her being on the Drop 40 next year.As for DL not so sure as they may think it is too soon after diagnosis. 

I got a browser notification about this for some reason!

Anyhow, as I suggested above, I think if they do pick her (again I said "possible", not likely) it'll be directly linked to them missing out on Windsor. She went downhill faster than most folk thought.

• Like 2