No idea where to put this one so dumping it in the catch-all.

Arguably Africa’s strongest man Conrad Njeru Karukenya, aka Tiger Power, passed on in Embu County.

According to his brother, the 72-year-old died on Tuesday night while receiving treatment at Consolata Mission Hospital in Kyeni, Embu County.

Referred to as Kenya’s  “strongest man” thanks to his extraordinary stunts such as breaking a six-inch nail with his finger, letting a Land Rover roll over him unscathed, lifting eight huge men without much effort and pulling a car with his teeth.It has been reported that the late Tiger Power has been battling illness since 2015, the reason he had to quit powerlifting. In his battle against power health, kidney failure, lung and heart complications have sent him to the hospital over the last few years of his life.
SC

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Arguably Africa’s strongest man Conrad Njeru Karukenya, aka Tiger Power, passed on in Embu County....

Referred to as Kenya’s  “strongest man” thanks to his extraordinary stunts such as.....letting a Land Rover roll over him unscathed.....

There is Tiger Power, and the rest are pretenders.

La Quinta High School graduate and former Blackhawks wrestler Jorge Alejandro Perez Hernandez was killed on New Year’s Day when he was run over by a tour van in downtown Nashville, Tenn., Nashville Police confirmed. He was 26.

Steve Ripley of the Tractors is dead at 69.

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Steve Ripley of the Tractors is dead at 69.

Cmon Joey you gotta complete the process.

I once knew a magic tractor.

Turned into a field.

• Haha 1

Damn I could have swore someone started a thread for odd - unique - off the grid sports.  Oh save the butthurt defensiveness, you know what I mean.
Anyway, search x10 can't find it.  So....here's where Irish hurling goes, I guess.  And would it ha been a name for team Gris Gris!  :mellow:

"There is a deep sense of sadness in the Limerick GAA community following the passing of a former All-Ireland Minor Hurling winner, Con O’Connell.

Con, from Cooga, was full-back on the Limerick team that won the All-Ireland Minor Hurling Championship in 1958. The Treaty have only ever won three minor All-Irelands.

Con is also a grandfather of last year’s senior All-Ireland winner, Barry O’Connell. In 1959, he played a captain’s role in midfield in Doon’s County Minor Hurling title win."
SC

21 hours ago, charon said:

I once knew a magic tractor.

Turned into a field.

I knew a farmer who lost a cow

Luckily, he tractor down

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

I knew a farmer who lost a cow

Luckily, he tractor down

I remember seeing that farmer.

He was outstanding in his field.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I remember seeing that farmer.

He was outstanding in his field.

Friend’s girlfriend left him for a tractor salesman.  She sent him a John Deere letter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Former actress and model Annalise Braakensiek - sounds like a sad one, this. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/model-and-ex-home-and-away-actress-found-dead-in-apartment/ar-BBRTQPq?ocid=spartandhp

Not ok...

Also, another Home and Away fatality.

Bernice Sandler, the godmother of Title IX is dead at 90.

On 06/01/2019 at 12:58, Ulitzer95 said:

Alan R. Pearlman, founder of ARP instruments dead at 93/94 according to this Reddit post.

Ultimate Classic Rock has the obit -- but really just quoting the same Reddit post (though now attributed to his daughter Dina on Facebook), so not a true 'obit'.  Sad, this man was a giant, what the hell?

SC
(Edit -- it's really bothering me unlike any other.  I can't understand how Pearlman's death is so far under the radar. He was as important to the development of the synthesizer as Robert Moog or Wendy Carlos. He was a giant, a God!  One reason I like DL is it allows us to appreciate the relatively unknown folks who made some imprint in history.  But the world overlooking the founder of ARP Instruments.... what in all of hell is going on?
Anyway, I won't overlook him.

RIP good sir.)  

Tim Guido at 21.

Was called the Oldenburg baby, as he survived after a legal abortion . https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldenburg_Baby

Obit Links in German.

https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersachsen/oldenburg_ostfriesland/Oldenburger-Baby-stirbt-mit-21-Jahren,tim144.html

• Confused 1

John Meskell from Gold Coast fame is dead.  Waiting for a link I can open lol.

SC
(Edit -- still nothing.  "Ex-Detective Inspector John Meskell, who was named at the Fitzgerald Inquiry into police and political corruption, passed away last Friday, aged 88. ")

Was going to put in --- I thought we had a 'French' category, guess not (please don't).
Was going to put in Hotels....but that's for people what died in one.

So....

Jeanne Augier, the millionaire owner of a luxury French Riviera hotel appreciated by celebrities and royalty, has died at 95.

The Hotel Negresco in Nice announced Wednesday that Augier died on Monday. It said she took over the hotel in 1957 and worked to "extend its influence throughout France and the world."

Flags hanging above the hotel flew at half-staff Wednesday in a mourning period declared by the hotel.

The hotel's art nouveau facade and pink dome dominate the elegant Promenade des Anglais on the Nice shore. It's known both for its glamorous guests and the thousands of valuable art and antique furniture in it that was collected by Augier.

Augier died without an heir and legal disputes are reportedly underway about what will happen to the hotel.
SC

• Like 1

Twitter reporting the death of Paul 'Paddy' Wynter, Mr. Universe 1960 and 1966.  He was 83.

Ron Smith comic artist known for Judge Dredd passes :rip: Number 45 on my Shadow List.

Kevin Fret, an apparent icon for the LGBTQ+ community was gunned down in Puerto Rico, at age 24. I didn't know who this person was until today, but it's still very disheartening to hear about someone so young being killed. Still trying to discern what sites you guys believe to be credible sources. Hoping the New York Times will suffice.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/10/us/kevin-fret-dead-puerto-rico.html