43 minutes ago, DeathToAll said:

Jonathan Ross' Mum And EastEnders Extra Martha Ross Dies, Aged 79

Martha Ross

A bold post indeed.

• Haha 2

It is not a big mistake to drop Pope Benedict XVI and also very risky? Because he is 91 years and frail and a big miss if he die this year?

Potential Cup pick Hirpha Negero has died.

Was pronounced dead and put in a coffin for five hours at the end of last year. The mourners heard him knocking and let him out for a couple more months of life.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001311578/resurrected-ethiopian-man-dies

12 hours ago, charon said:

Potential Cup pick Hirpha Negero has died.

Was pronounced dead and put in a coffin for five hours at the end of last year. The mourners heard him knocking and let him out for a couple more months of life.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001311578/resurrected-ethiopian-man-dies

Someone check on him, again, just to be sure?

I think Patricia Routledge, who played Hyacinth opposite Clive Swift, should occupy the #50 spot for as long as necessary (if you know what I mean), after all it would be the best death Tagline in the history of deathlist......"Kicked the Bouquet!"

• Haha 4

Huge drought.

She Bok-dong no more — literally!

Kim Bok-dong, girl kidnapped by Japanese army and forced to be a sex slave, died on Monday, at the age of 92, without ever receiving the apology she wanted; still railing against the injustice; still angry with Japan for taking the life she could and should have had.

SC

No deaths from the list so far in 2019.  Is it typical to get the first fatality before the end of January?

13 hours ago, Finch said:

No deaths from the list so far in 2019.  Is it typical to get the first fatality before the end of January?

Well last time someone died after January as the first hit of the year was in 2015 when Leonard Nimoy died 27th February 2015.

• Like 1

Through the last death of the  2014 list  was the 30th December when it was 1st December in 2018 (really 30th November for legal date of death.)

As much as I'd like to start a thread for cruciverbalists, it may meet with some backlash. So I'll use this thread to post the death of Roy Dean at 91. He held the record for the quickest completion of the Times cryptic ever recorded (3 minutes, 45 seconds).. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

As much as I'd like to start a thread for cruciverbalists, it may meet with some backlash. So I'll use this thread to post the death of Roy Dean at 91. He held the record for the quickest completion of the Times cryptic ever recorded (3 minutes, 45 seconds).. 

FFS!

Did anyone think to save his DNA before he conked? Or, for that matter, offer his reserves of sperm for artificial insemination purposes?

Couple of interesting characters dropping dead today:

Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, head of Israel's second largest charity, who had to fend off repeated allegations that he was actually a Christian and not a Jew. The majority of donations to his charity came from American Evangelicals rather than Israelis. Funny that.

Gizella Bodnár, Hungary's most famous thief, who became a folk hero/legend for her repeated strings of break-ins during the 50s and 60s. She kept up the kleptomania in her dotage, and was last arrested for burglary two years ago at the age of 90.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Couple of interesting characters dropping dead today:

Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, head of Israel's second largest charity, who had to fend off repeated allegations that he was actually a Christian and not a Jew. The majority of donations to his charity came from American Evangelicals rather than Israelis. Funny that.

As an aside, I was totting up all the Charles Taylor family and their various in jail statuses and stuff, and was reminded of Pat Robertson and his diamond mine scam with Taylor.

Might still do the thread if I can be arsed, Taylor is over 70 now, and was the first Head of State convicted of War Crimes since Donitz.