6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

LBC are reporting Albert Finney has died aged 82 after a short illness. 

Update - Guardian Obit https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/feb/08/albert-finney-dies-film-tom-jones-orient-express-millers-crossing

What horrible news.  RIP I loved his work.

• Like 4

Aye, a fine actor.

Had a feeling he wasn't long for the world but never used him in any pools:

-          Albert Finney (1936) – Alcoholic leading actor, now fairly quiet and outlived all of his pals.

• Like 1

Albert Finney is a sad blow! A hit for me on my personal DL, but a sad one as I loved his performances with his Poirot being my favorite!

murder-on-the-orient-express-albert-finney.jpg

Interesting that you would have had him other than a theme team of some sort.  Kidney cancer from 7 years ago doesn't seem to set off bells and whistles.

5 hours ago, markb4 said:

Albert Finney is a sad blow! A hit for me on my personal DL, but a sad one as I loved his performances with his Poirot being my favorite!

murder-on-the-orient-express-albert-finney.jpg

Bit too heavy on the cod-French accent for my liking in that one. Saturday Night, Sunday Morning, Big Fish and Erin Brokovitch on the other hand - scene-stealingly awesome in all three.

55 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Bit too heavy on the cod-French accent for my liking in that one.

Naturellement surely? Comme Il est Belgique n'est pas? And they all sound like fake frogs? Or summat.

I thought he looked half dead or at least dipped in a vat of something in his Bourne appearances. Mind you, I only saw them the once, not being overawed enough to repeat the experience.

David Williams, known by many as The Godfather, the former athletic director of Vanderbilt University, has died at the age of 71, just over a week into his retirement. His death was confirmed in a statement from Vanderbilt. David Williams’ cause of death has not been made public. The Tennessean reports that Williams collapsed on February 8 at the Pancake Pantry, a restaurant close to the Vanderbilt campus.

SC

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Interesting that you would have had him other than a theme team of some sort.  Kidney cancer from 7 years ago doesn't seem to set off bells and whistles.

I just had a feeling; something inside me just felt I should put him on my DL. That's why he was my #50 on my list as he barely made it.

I feel it's good to have one or two entries who are just old and not necessarily sick because I believe death is unpredictable, so you may end up getting it right.

• Like 2

Jim Dunlop, founder of Dunlop, who make a wide array of music instruments and accessories including picks, pickups and guitar pedals (including the Dunlop Cry Baby, which Tom Morello uses a lot) has died age 82

Fernando Ricksen Romero, Deathrace pick for some dead at 70.

• Haha 2

Former USMNT World Cup veteran Fernando Clavijo, who also coached in MLS, has died after a 5-year battle with multiple myeloma.  He was 63.  

1 hour ago, MrWonderful said:

Former USMNT World Cup veteran Fernando Clavijo, who also coached in MLS, has died after a 5-year battle with multiple myeloma.  He was 63.  

:clivedunn:

3 hours ago, drol said:

76 today! :birthday:, last birthday to be more precise...

Correct, as Walter Jones died on his birthday...

Joe Schlesinger was a true Canadian icon.  If there was a major news story happening somewhere in the world, Joe was there.  His reporting was impeccable, honest and factual.  If he said it, you could believe it.  They don't make many like him anymore.

Unconfirmed reports (Twitter chatter) that Norma Farnes, the long-time manager of Spike Milligan and Eric Sykes, has died at age 84 or 85.

15 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Unconfirmed reports (Twitter chatter) that Norma Farnes, the long-time manager of Spike Milligan and Eric Sykes, has died at age 84 or 85.

Should be confirmation enough.

18 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Norma Farnes straight to Telegraph Obit: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2019/02/12/norma-farnes-long-suffering-agent-manager-spike-milligan-came/

• Like 1

Pretty sure I just saw a FB tribute to Manchester United coach Eric Harrison - credited for his work on coaching the class of 92.

Also cursed around MPFC Towers for his failure to deliver a unique pick bonus on last year's DDP team and subsequently dropped in a fit of pique!