Day of the Dead star Joseph Pilato is dead at 70.

9 days without a DDP hit in March though. That's very unusual.

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Morten "Mister Fatman" Lindberg, a Danish comedian and TV personality, has died aged 53. Of no interest at all on the surface, however he does have one legit claim to fame: he was the director of the much snickered-at title on IMDB, 1992's Gaynigg∈rs from Outer Space.

It's on YouTube, a real classic.

18 hours ago, Putin said:

What a fucking slow year

Huh?

I have a two hour "list of the lost" radio show to fill with musical talent outside the mainstream that died this year.

Scott Walker's death has just signed off the first hour well inside three months

It's a selectively slow year - major entertainment/political/notable deaths are slow in general. The DL Cup and smashing of the Deathrace inside a few weeks suggests the general tendancy of humanity to snuff it continues unabated, or summat

45 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Huh?

I have a two hour "list of the lost" radio show to fill with musical talent outside the mainstream that died this year.

Scott Walker's death has just signed off the first hour well inside three months

It's a selectively slow year - major entertainment/political/notable deaths are slow in general. The DL Cup and smashing of the Deathrace inside a few weeks suggests the general tendancy of humanity to snuff it continues unabated, or summat

Yeah I know that, but I was talking about the actual Deathlist there only Gordon Banks has died, and we are almost 1/4 throught the year

Promising young Spotify musician (and popular 2019 deadpool pick) Billy Clayton has sadly died aged just 22.

• Sad 5

Brutally sad case here all around (and not because he’s likely my biggest d’oh miss for this year). No age and way to go at all...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, msc said:

Promising young Spotify musician (and popular 2019 deadpool pick) Billy Clayton has sadly died aged just 22.

That is a sharp drop-off. He was still tweeting plans for future music releases less than 24 hours before his death. The poll he put up about them probably hadn't even closed yet.

He was excitedly retweeting Sky Ferreira hyping up her first new single in 6 years a few days ago, released on the 27th. He didn't even live to hear it.

Must be particularly hard for Sky, who now has no surviving fans left.

• Like 1

new wave filmmaker, agnès varda, dead at 90

36 minutes ago, apollonides said:

new wave filmmaker, agnès varda, dead at 90

First hit of the year for my DDP french theme team.

• Like 2

For those worried by the lack of a Clayton QO, fear not, looks like the Beeb will have one by the end of play today:

On 27/03/2019 at 06:25, maryportfuncity said:

Huh?

It does seem like 2019 has been a fairly slow year in terms of celebrity deaths...so far.  But you never know.  

In America, the biggest celebrity deaths this year are...Luke Perry and Carol Channing. 

But let's not forget 2016 to 2018 have been very brutal years in terms of celebrities dying so we are bound to get a slow year.  Celebrity deaths tend to go in cycles.  We would have a year or two when we get a lot of celebrity deaths, and the following year, the Grim Reaper decides not to take as many of our beloved celebrities.  

For example, 2008 and 2009 we lost a ton of celebrities, but 2010 was kinda slow to my collection.  From 1997 to 1999, we lost a ton of celebrities as well, many of them way too young (including Princess Diana), but 2000 was a lukewarm year for celebrity deaths.  

So it all depends.  

• Like 1

Nooooooooooooo!!!!! :(

Detroit tv legend!!!  (He started in Cleveland—but I used to work at townhouses he lived in while in Detroit).

Legendary Cleveland TV personality Ron ‘The Ghoul’ Sweed passed away Monday evening following a heart attack several months ago, according to his ex-wife.

Very sad.  

SirCreep 

Bill Heine has jumped the shark:

Going Underground return to the top of the DDP.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

John Quarmby dies aged 89.

R.I.P.

9 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

John Quarmby dies aged 89.

Was it something he ate?

• Haha 1

It's probably already been answered but, as I'm too lazy to check, how many 'foes of Fawlty' are still alive?

I think Bernard Cribbons might be the  last one standing !