14 hours ago, John Robinson said:

Elliot Roberts, music manager and record executive who helped jumpstart the careers of singer-songwriters such as Joni Mitchell and Neil Young, dead at 76 according to this article...https://celebrityaccess.com/2019/06/21/legendary-manager-elliot-roberts-reported-to-have-died/

Wiki page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Roberts

Total legend amongst managers for his ability to allow his clients their creative freedom - wondering about our List of the Lost radio show and this; maybe if we play something from one of Neil's most off-the-wall works and make the point it was only possible because Elliott Roberts managed him to success in spite of commercial trends meaning creative freedom was non-negotiable in his contracts.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

William Simons who played PC Alf Venturess in the ITV drama series Heartbeat has died aged 79. 

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/people/in-memory-of-yorkshire-actor-william-simons-who-starred-in-every-heartbeat-series-1-9834750

He always looked like he was 79 even when he wasn't 79.

• Like 3

6 weeks later .... Texas Rodeo cowboy Waymon Fountain succombs to prostate cancer that had tied him up in under 8 seconds.  He was DL CupTastic, but no one had him on their team.
SC

Here was the announcement 6 weeks ago:
--------------
Dear friends & family, 
I would ask you all to stand in prayer with our family for our Bpop - Waymon Fountain. For those who are unaware, he has been battling inoperable prostate cancer for 5 years this June. When found, it had already spread to several parts of his body. However, he has amazed the doctors up to this point!

He is home and in good spirits, but as of today, hospice is now apart of his daily routine. We are praying and believing for a miracle. God is still God! Please stand in prayer with us.

I asked him tonight if he wanted people to know about what he is going through, and if he would like visitors. He said yes. 
He loves his friends and family. Now or as soon as you can, would be a good time to go see him.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, hat and closeup

Bryan Marshall, who I remember playing an evil psychiatrist on Prisoner Cell Block H, has, er, "gone ahead"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Bryan Marshall, who I remember playing an evil psychiatrist on Prisoner Cell Block H, has, er, "gone ahead"

Bryan Marshall was in almost everything when I was young. RIP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Bryan Marshall, who I remember playing an evil psychiatrist on Prisoner Cell Block H, has, er, "gone on ahead"

Somebody (who later got a QO himself) said that to me about my mum when she died.  I quite liked it, much more than "passed".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Bryan Marshall was in almost everything when I was young. RIP.

What - you mean he escaped Operation Yewtree!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I used to confuse him in repeats with John Woodvine

Who remains, alive, obitable and a few weeks short of his 90th birthday

2156916257.jpg

• Like 1

Just found out that someone I used to sit next to at Yorkshire Television (well, Wellbeing actually), Karen Petch - who was also a continuity announcer, and news reader, died on Friday of breast cancer. I'm shocked and genuinely saddened by such sad news. She was lovely and very funny, especially when talking about her fallen arches. RIP.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Just found out that someone I used to sit next to at Yorkshire Television (well, Wellbeing actually), Karen Petch - who was also a continuity announcer, and news reader, died on Friday of breast cancer. I'm shocked and genuinely saddened by such sad news. She was lovely and very funny, especially when talking about her fallen arches. RIP.

Sorry to hear that.

Character actor Billy Drago, best known for playing slimy villains in many movies and television shows, has died of a stroke at the age of 73:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/06/27/billy-drago-the-untouchables-actor-dead-73/1581273001/  

He is probably best remembered for playing the Mafia enforcer Frank Nitti in The Untouchables.  He was also the main villain in Delta Force 2: The Colombian Connection as well as Papa Jupiter, the head of the cannibal family in The Hills Have Eyes. 

Justin Raimondo, editorial director of Antiwar.com and dead pooling long lister has died at 67

DDP miss too

Lou Alvarez, the 9/11 NYPD officer who recently testified in front of Congress with John Stewart, has died.

Sadly he was being allowed in various DPs.   I'm glad AF he died before he was allowed in July entries here and there.
He was a police officer.  Police officers are no one special.  His testifying to Congress didn't transform him in any goddamn way into a celebrity.  Otherwise the argument would be that EVERYONE who testifies to Congress is a celeb....like some teacher whining about class size or Common Core.  She's still a teacher, period.  And he was still an officer of the law, nothing more.  He was famous for dying imho.  So good riddance and fuck all y'all.  You deserved nothing to begin with ya cheating cuntos
SC

On 25/06/2019 at 18:58, DevonDeathTrip said:

I remember him best  from Prisoner Cell Block H where he played the part of that psychiatrist  Dr Edmunds .As I recall he  hypnotised several of the  the prisoners , including getting one to  try and kill her best friend.He managed this while having an affair with the .  governor and one of the officers simultaneously 'That show wasn't always true to life I don't think ... 

The man who commanded the frigate HMS Plymouth during the Falklands War, has died aged 86.

Captain David Pentreath RN CBE, DSO, died peacefully on June 26, reports The Times. As well as serving his country with bravery and distinction, Captain  Pentreath was a devoted husband, proud father and loving grandfather. 

His two-year command of the warship was nearing its end when war broke out - but the role he and the Type 12 Royal Navy Frigate role in the Falklands War will never be forgotten.

The warship had a colourful career, but she signed her name into the history books when she hosted the Argentine surrender in her wardroom, on June 14, 1982.
SC

Not sure where this goes, as the word 'hydroplane' has never been posted in the history of DL.

Until now.  And on Canada Day!

A hydroplane racer from Quebec is dead after a crash on the St. Lawrence river in eastern Ontario.

The Hydroplane Racing League says Mathieu Daoust from Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Que., died Sunday during a qualifying event in Brockville.  Daoust was an experienced driver who had participated since 2011.

According to a biography on the league's site, Daoust described moving up to the Grand Prix level as his "best moment" in the sport of hydroplane racing, where vehicles reach speeds of up to 225 km/h.

He was ranked first in league for the 2019 season, with 194 points.
SC

58 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Not sure where this goes, as the word 'hydroplane' has never been posted in the history of DL.

Might have fitted in here.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:45, Sir Creep said:

Until now.  And on Canada Day!

A hydroplane racer from Quebec is dead after a crash on the St. Lawrence river in eastern Ontario.

The Hydroplane Racing League says Mathieu Daoust from Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Que., died Sunday during a qualifying event in Brockville.  Daoust was an experienced driver who had participated since 2011.

According to a biography on the league's site, Daoust described moving up to the Grand Prix level as his "best moment" in the sport of hydroplane racing, where vehicles reach speeds of up to 225 km/h.

He was ranked first in league for the 2019 season, with 194 points.
SC

And now he's a DL first!

It's the way he'd have wanted it, right?

Unless I am very much mistaken I am the forum user who recommended John McCririck to the death list last year after I detected he  was on his last legs.