48 minutes ago, Snakeman said:

Unless I am very much mistaken I am the forum user who recommended John McCririck to the death list last year after I detected he  was on his last legs.

I'm afraid that you are indeed very much mistaken if you think that you were the first to mention him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Oh shit, if a QO comes quickly I'll go 2nd in the DDP!!!! :o

• Like 4

Shame to see him go. It’s a job that not very many people have the courage to actually do, and the fact that he had the ability to continue reporting on these dangerous natural disasters even while he had his stage 4 cancer diagnosis definitely gave him a lot of respectability.  

• Like 1

Disney teen idol Cameron Boyce dead at just 20 years ago.  

Star of several Disney franchises including Jessie and The Descendants.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/disney-channel-star-cameron-boyce-dies-20/story?id=64174031

I'm shocked at the relatively lack of mainstream media coverage of his death.  You would think that given his very young age, and that he is quite popular with teenagers and kids, that they would be more news covering his death.  Instead, it barely made a blip on the radar.

Not even TMZ covered his death.  And TMZ has given media coverage to deaths of relatively obscure people who just happened to have their 15 minutes of fame on garbage reality TV shows.  Hell, TMZ has given friggin' media coverage to RELATIVES of reality TV personalities, yet ignores the sudden death of Cameron Boyce?

One possibility why Cameron Boyce's death is not making national news is that he didn't die of a drug overdose or suicide.  He simply died of "natural causes" due to a seizure and apparently has had medical issues lately but the family wouldn't elaborate.  So there is nothing scandalous about the way he died.  

44 minutes ago, BCAlum2000 said:

Disney teen idol Cameron Boyce dead at just 20 years ago.  

Star of several Disney franchises including Jessie and The Descendants.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/disney-channel-star-cameron-boyce-dies-20/story?id=64174031

I'm shocked at the relatively lack of mainstream media coverage of his death.  You would think that given his very young age, and that he is quite popular with teenagers and kids, that they would be more news covering his death.  Instead, it barely made a blip on the radar.

Not even TMZ covered his death.  And TMZ has given media coverage to deaths of relatively obscure people who just happened to have their 15 minutes of fame on garbage reality TV shows.  Hell, TMZ has given friggin' media coverage to RELATIVES of reality TV personalities, yet ignores the sudden death of Cameron Boyce?

One possibility why Cameron Boyce's death is not making national news is that he didn't die of a drug overdose or suicide.  He simply died of "natural causes" due to a seizure and apparently has had medical issues lately but the family wouldn't elaborate.  So there is nothing scandalous about the way he died.  

I'd hardly call 96 results on a Google news search a "blip on the radar".  

14 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I'd hardly call 96 results on a Google news search a "blip on the radar".  

I see your point, but it's not front page news.  

Jeffrey Epstein's arrest seems to be getting a lot more attention that Cameron Boyce's death.  I would think that the sudden tragic death of a popular Disney teen idol would garner more headline news, but again, Epstein's arrest seems to be the focus of most mainstream media.

I would acknowledge that if Boyce died of either a suicide or drug overdose or was murdered, than his death would be rippling across the media.  His death was due to natural causes (epileptic seizures) so there was no scandal surrounding his death.  That's why it was not the lead news.  

I would think for example that TMZ (considered the gold standard of celebrity gossip and news) would be all over covering his death, but nothing from them.  

Jeffrey Epstein, with ties to the President of the United States, getting arrested for sex trafficking would understandably bigger news in mainstream media than a 20 year old B-list Disney star dying of natural causes. 

I don't get you saying that it's not big news though, mainstream media IS picking up his death, but it's even bigger on social media by young people posting, sharing and commenting about it. 

I was still watching Disney channel when Cameron was on Jessie and am very sad to hear of his unexpected death. 

• Like 2

I wasn't a big fan of Cameron Boyce, but I did watch a fair amount of Jessie in middle school.

Got me fucked up that somebody around my age died of natural causes... we all think we're invincible when we're this young. RIP to an actor who had a lot more potential.

As for the media coverage complaints... it's in TMZ, it's in BBC, it's in BBC Mundo, it's in BBC Türkçe, it's in the Telegraph, it's in CNN... can't find New York Times or Guardian obits yet but those papers usually take their time.

So it got decent coverage, and I think it's understandable that it's not front page breaking news - Cameron Boyce was pretty much only known by Generation Z like me, and how many Generation Z actually read newspapers and news sites? Not many.

Anyway, I saw a half dozen Instagram and Snapchat tributes to him from people my age. Last time that happened iirc was for Stan Lee.

• Like 1

I didn't bother to read about Boyce, but natural causes for a young 20-something, wow.  didn't that Miss Teen Universe have a heart attack a couple months ago?  20 herself IIRC.  It's the chemicals in the food, I tells ya.

SC

13 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Shame to see him go. It’s a job that not very many people have the courage to actually do, and the fact that he had the ability to continue reporting on these dangerous natural disasters even while he had his stage 4 cancer diagnosis definitely gave him a lot of respectability.  

Finally get my first hit of the year, and it's the joker!

“Although the doctors say that I don’t have so much time left, in my last days, I want to try to do good, to be useful. That’s so much better than having a long life but making people miserable!”

Great philosophy to have!

James Henke, the first curator at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, died on Monday morning (July 8) at age 65 after a long battle with dementia.

Henke's death was confirmed to the Cleveland Plain Dealer by his eldest son; Henke was orignally diagnosed with dementia in 2013, a year after he left the Rock Hall after a 19-year stint at the museum in Cleveland as Chief Curator.

SC

#14, for me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-country-actor-michael-sleggs-17794152

Michael Sleggs dies. RIP - have used him on the poker contest.

World is so unjust; Ershad, Balbir, Dilip Kumar , Daniel arap Moi, Mugabe, Mubarak, etc. continue to live despite their age and issues and someone has to die at 33. 

• Sad 1

Paul and Ringo may still live but the original is now dead.  VW Beetle goes extinct as last one rolls off assembly line.  https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/vw-beetle-goes-extinct-as-last-one-rolls-off-assembly-line/ar-AAE5Ohn?ocid=spartanntp

On 07/07/2019 at 10:50, Sir Creep said:

I didn't bother to read about Boyce, but natural causes for a young 20-something, wow.  didn't that Miss Teen Universe have a heart attack a couple months ago?  20 herself IIRC.  It's the chemicals in the food, I tells ya.

SC

Epileptic seizure.  As natural as death gets for a 20-year old :(

SC

Edit: DOH I see one of the earlier posts caught that.  I thought it wasn’t known.  Which makes all the subsequent posts odd.